Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (17 April – 3 May 2010)

Saturday 24 April

Results

John Higgins 11-13 Steve Davis
Neil Robertson 13-12 Martin Gould
Stephen Maguire 6-13 Greame Dott

7pm

Ali Carter v Joe Perry

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

really looking forward to the williams v Ronnie match and looking for a great performance from both.

in 2008 when Ronnie won mark gave him the hardest test ..mark williams is playing better now than he was then and Ronnie playing worst so it should be a close battle.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Looks like I missed a cracking performance from Gould :-(

yes it was brilliant mate.

Last time John Higgins played Steve Davis at the Crucible was in 2000 Second Round and Higgins was 10-6 up going in to the final session but only won 13-11 the shoe is on the other foot later today can Davis hold off Higgins ?

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:really looking forward to the williams v Ronnie match and looking for a great performance from both.

in 2008 when Ronnie won mark gave him the hardest test ..mark williams is playing better now than he was then and Ronnie playing worst so it should be a close battle.

Yes, but he showed a consistent inability to pot frame ball. I remember texted my mate at the time, telling her that her 4-year old could give Ronnie a sterner test. Williams was perhaps the toughest opponent Ronnie played that year, but that just shows Ronnie had an easier draw that year, then he does this. (Though he is playing Williams at both times, it was a Willaims horrendously out of form, and dropping out of the top-16 he played that year.)

Postby Tubberlad

Anyone seen much of Graeme Dott so far? I've been watching a fair bit of him, and I'm mightily impressed. He's been way too good for Maguire, was way too good for Ebdon, and is playing better than he was when he won it four years ago... watch out for him, he's sneaking under the radar again.

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:come on mags, knock it up a few gears dont let dott win this or the quarters wont be worth watching

Ah, that's a bit silly. Graeme is one of my favourite players, and he's actually been playing very fluently so far. In fact, I think he's a better player than Maguire, certainly stronger mentally.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Anyone seen much of Graeme Dott so far? I've been watching a fair bit of him, and I'm mightily impressed. He's been way too good for Maguire, was way too good for Ebdon, and is playing better than he was when he won it four years ago... watch out for him, he's sneaking under the radar again.

yes i agree much more fluant than he was in 2006 but lets be honest both Ebdon and Maguire has contributed to their own downfall.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:come on mags, knock it up a few gears dont let dott win this or the quarters wont be worth watching

Ah, that's a bit silly. Graeme is one of my favourite players, and he's actually been playing very fluently so far. In fact, I think he's a better player than Maguire, certainly stronger mentally.

personally i find Graeme more entertaining than maguire to watch ......Maguire is a bargain basement version of Hendry when you seen the original no point watching a poor imitation.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:

that your opinion mate, i for one dont like greame dott, never have and never will. he just doesn't interest me, the only time i want dott to win and thats if he is playing ebdon.

Well i know it sounds silly but im not impressed win the wc so far, not happy with the way some of the results are going and have gone

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

that your opinion mate, i for one dont like greame dott, never have and never will. he just doesn't interest me, the only time i want dott to win and thats if he is playing ebdon.

Well i know it sounds silly but im not impressed win the wc so far, not happy with the way some of the results are going and have gone

mate who cares if results go your way or not if that what impresses you about the WC then maybe your not such a big snooker fan.

Postby Tubberlad

I know it's disappointing when results don't go the way you like, I would prefer to see Robertson through than Gould. But by the sounds of it, Gould was excellent last night, and is full value for the win. He has a job to do too...

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:I know it's disappointing when results don't go the way you like, I would prefer to see Robertson through than Gould. But by the sounds of it, Gould was excellent last night, and is full value for the win. He has a job to do too...

Gould was magnificent throughout the match so far, and though fans of Robbo wont like it - you have to stand back sometimes and just say this is great - thats the same with all sport in my view, appreciate it for what it is. <ok>

Postby Bourne

thetubberlad wrote:I know it's disappointing when results don't go the way you like, I would prefer to see Robertson through than Gould. But by the sounds of it, Gould was excellent last night, and is full value for the win. He has a job to do too...

I really can't think of a better performance this season, you can probably count the number of mistakes he's made in this match on one hand.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:wtf, how can you say that. i am a big snooker fan, i would watch it on tv go to the venues and i certainly wouldn't be on here if i wasn't a big fan.
im just stating in my view that some rusults have been suprising

i know mate but Results do not or should not interpretate someones enjoyment of the tournament....

some of mine most enjoyable WC was after Hendry got knocked out then you can enjoy the matches without something riding on it.

i take each match as they come 2 horse race i want 1 man to win over another but i can appreciate when they don't especially how Gould played yesterday has been inspired Brilliance.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:wtf, how can you say that. i am a big snooker fan, i would watch it on tv go to the venues and i certainly wouldn't be on here if i wasn't a big fan.
im just stating in my view that some rusults have been suprising

i know mate but Results do not or should not interpretate someones enjoyment of the tournament....

some of mine most enjoyable WC was after Hendry got knocked out then you can enjoy the matches without something riding on it.

i take each match as they come 2 horse race i want 1 man to win over another but i can appreciate when they don't especially how Gould played yesterday has been inspired Brilliance.

forget it wild