Post a reply

Ronnie in World Senior 2016

Postby gcjdavid

By next December, Ronnie would have been 40 years old and would therefore qualify for the World Seniors. So, discuss if he would want to play in the event.

Re: Ronnie in World Senior 2016

Postby SnookerFan

Doesn't really matter. The Seniors is entertaining in it's own way, but let's not kid ourselves. It's nothing more than an exhibition tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:It'd be pretty funny if he turned up and got beat to be fair - assuming he's still playing to the standard he is now in 2016, 2 years is as long time in snooker.

Dennis Taylor beats Ronnie. rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:It'd be pretty funny if he turned up and got beat to be fair - assuming he's still playing to the standard he is now in 2016, 2 years is as long time in snooker.

Dennis Taylor beats Ronnie. rofl

It would be a glorious moment for Taylor to beat his idol Ronnie.

Postby shankly

Obviously depends on how much he's enjoying snooker at that time. But I would like for both him and Higgins to play, semis with Hendry, Willo, Higgins and Ronnie please!

Postby SnookerFan

It is silly that they let people still on the main tour into the Snooker Seniors, isn't it? Especially when they are still top 16 players. I mean, to have the current world champion entering a tournament where there are people in their 70s playing. <laugh>

Like I say, it's only an exhibition event, so doesn't matter. But always seemed a bit silly.