Post a reply

Coral U K Championship Final : O'Sullivan v Trump !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 25th of November~Sunday 7th of December at the Barbican Center in York.

Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Sunday December 7th @1pm and 7pm

Judd Trump has another crack at Ronnie O'Sullivan after a fantastic Champion of Champions Final last month.

Can Judd take revenge on Ronnie O'Sullivan?

Click Here for Head to Head

Overall O'Sullivan leads 7-6
Main Tournaments O'Sullivan leads 4-3
UK Championship Trump leads 1-0
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 2-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral U K Championship Final : O'Sullivan v Trump !

Postby Wildey

Sunday 7th of December

1pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump (1st Session 8 Frames)

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump (2nd Session 11 Frames)

Postby AC or LT?

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Why only 8 frames in opening session? Should have been 9 frames.

I guess BBC didnt want to risk a runaway final and have vert few frames in the evening.

It has always been 8 frames with the BBC, hasn't it?

Pretty sure it's 9,10 for Best of 19s and 8,9 for Best of 17s normally.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Why only 8 frames in opening session? Should have been 9 frames.

I guess BBC didnt want to risk a runaway final and have vert few frames in the evening.

It has always been 8 frames with the BBC, hasn't it?

lol yeah, in China tournaments it's usually 9 though and I think that makes more sense as someone would inevitably have to take a lead, but anyway...

Postby The Cueist

I dont think it will make any difference will it ?
As long as it is a good match then that is more important for me as a fan , Incidentally not a pin head as some very offensive moderator has implied that that is what fans of Ronnie O' Sullivan are .

Postby Andre147

By reaching the Final, Judd climbs 4 places from 11th to 7th.

If he wins it, he'll be 6th in provisional rankings ahead of the Masters, if Ronnie wins however he'll climb one place from 4th to 3rd replacing Selby.

Also to note that Ronnie doesnt have one single point (money) coming off until the Worlds, so for him it's all gaining and gaining given he didnt play that 2012/2013 season until the Worlds.

A very good chance to be WN1 again, but hopefully he wins this title first, that's the most important thing right now.
Last edited by Andre147 on 07 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:You know what guys, Trump will be seeded 6th or 7th for the Masters depending on tomorrow's result. Both ways he will be seeded in the opposite of Ronnie's half. Another final coming up???

Well that would be amazing really.

As Ronnie will be seeded 1st and Milkins 16th, arent they supposed to meet there next year first round? rofl

EDIT: Forget that, just had a look at previous Masters draws and it doesnt work that way.
Last edited by Andre147 on 07 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:You know what guys, Trump will be seeded 6th or 7th for the Masters depending on tomorrow's result. Both ways he will be seeded in the opposite of Ronnie's half. Another final coming up???

Well that would be amazing really.

As Ronnie will be seeded 1st and Milkins 16th, arent they supposed to meet there next year first round? rofl

No only the top 8 are seeded, the other players are drawn randomly.

Bingham will be seeded for a potential quarter final against Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:If Ronnie wins tommorow there will be a 21 year gap between his first and fifth title. Remarkable longevity.

Yeah but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's a 50-50 match tomorrow.

Not 50/50 for me, Trump still has a slight advantage, I'd say 55 Trump and 45% Ronnie.

I know Ronnie will most likely raise his game for the Final (he has to anyway) but still given both players performances at this tournament Judd is the favourite.

Postby Skullman

No strict seeding for the Masters, simply top 8 seed v 9-16 with top 4 in separate quarters, Selby and ROS in separate halves etc.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie definately won't get away with some basic errors against Trump like he has done against previous opponents.

Plus Ronnie's long potting will have to be 50% or above me thinks, lower than that and he might have some serious problems.

As for safety, of course he needs to play good safety and prevent Trump to get his hand on the table for the long pots he so loves.

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:It should be a fantastic final.

Both players have been playing some fantastic stuff.

I'm glad it's Trump rather than Maguire in the final because I think it will be more attacking.

Hard to predict a winner but I'm going for 10-8 to O'Sullivan.

Maguire can be very attacking, but it's less likely it'll come off for him like it does with Judd.

Anyway, regarding the final, I'd prefer Judd to win just so that Selby isn't the only player who can stop ROS, although I'll take a good final, with seventeen frames at least.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

No strict seeding for the Masters, simply top 8 seed v 9-16 with top 4 in separate quarters, Selby and ROS in separate halves etc.

Not quite, it's always

1-8
5-4
3-6
7-2