Post a reply

Will there ever be a match with 147s in every frame?

Yes over a long form match (multi-session)
25%
Yes over a short form match (single session)
No votes
No.
75%

Total votes : 12

Re: Will there ever be a match with 147s in every frame?

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:In a best of 1 match yeah rofl

Anything more than that no :wave:

You never know it could happen, the frequency of them has certainly risen at an astonishing rate over the past few years.

I know AC but in every frame? surely you cant be serious? 2 in one match then yeah I would definately agree it will happen someday, but all in every frame just isnt possible mate.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

You never know it could happen, the frequency of them has certainly risen at an astonishing rate over the past few years.

I know AC but in every frame? surely you cant be serious? 2 in one match then yeah I would definately agree it will happen someday, but all in every frame just isnt possible mate.

If the balls open up and two steadfast greats meet at their absolute peak it could happen, admittedly more likely in a Best of 7 at a PTC than the World Championship final but I reckon it could happen within twenty years or so. Imagine O'Sullivan meeting Jimmy White in their respective primes (White 90-94, O'Sullivan 2012-Present) at a PTC - it'd have to be that kind of amazing but it could happen.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

If the balls open up and two steadfast greats meet at their absolute peak it could happen, admittedly more likely in a Best of 7 at a PTC than the World Championship final but I reckon it could happen within twenty years or so. Imagine O'Sullivan meeting Jimmy White in their respective primes (White 90-94, O'Sullivan 2012-Present) at a PTC - it'd have to be that kind of amazing but it could happen.

One thing for sure, if it ever happens hopefully the match is televised and hopefully I'll watch it live as well :-D I suppose watching it at the venue would be asking a bit too much though :john:

Postby JDM375

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

One thing for sure, if it ever happens hopefully the match is televised and hopefully I'll watch it live as well :-D I suppose watching it at the venue would be asking a bit too much though :john:

It would probably be on an outside table. rofl :irk:

Postby The Cueist

Lmfao and crying , AC you is funny mate !!!!! J!!!!!!!
And you carry it out with such an air of genuinity.
I think you know the answer.
It is a bit like the question " Did Hendry meet a worthy opponent in a world final " ?

I mean do you know the answer to that question?
Wink!!!!!!!!!!! J!!!!!!!!!!!

You are funny.

Postby Cloud Strife

You know, it's been said that in a hundred years time or however long it may be, snooker will be perfected to such a point that a 147 will be made in frame. Personally, I don't see standards ever reaching anywhere near that sort of level.

It could happen in darts with a 9 darter being every leg, but not in snooker.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:You know, it's been said that in a hundred years time or however long it may be, snooker will be perfected to such a point that a 147 will be made in frame. Personally, I don't see standards ever reaching anywhere near that sort of level.

It could happen in darts with a 9 darter being every leg, but not in snooker.

There's far too much skill and finesse involved in Snooker for that to ever happen, so AC, like his World Champs reform proposal, is just being a bit ridiculous really. rofl pmsl

Postby Wildey

Theres so much that can go wrong in Snooker Ronnie could have had Back to Back 147 last night but he missed on 89 had he made that 147 his adrenalin would be on such a high that repeating the feat in the 6th frame he would be unable to put the same effort in to the frame.

Imagine the player that made a 147 in the 1st and 2nd frame by the 3rd he would be a wreck.

Postby TheSaviour

Wildey wrote:Theres so much that can go wrong in Snooker Ronnie could have had Back to Back 147 last night but he missed on 89 had he made that 147 his adrenalin would be on such a high that repeating the feat in the 6th frame he would be unable to put the same effort in to the frame.

Imagine the player that made a 147 in the 1st and 2nd frame by the 3rd he would be a wreck.

That last night 147 was a very well controlled one. And a very entertaining too! Those things can go hand in hand. Butlike you pointed out obviously it is always such a difficult task to make a maximum. Last night the crowd were superb and gave Ronnie a great boost there. Last night I watched live the first three frames. So I missed that live action.. A mate was (once again) spamming some utterly stupid text messages to me regarding that match, and that was a one reason I decided to do something else than to watch the match after the first three frames. But he will always learn a bit, and always feels a very bad the next day after his spamming sessions. It is always a case of just rubbishing the issue. No idea why he does that, and hopefully he will stop doing that some day.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:Theres so much that can go wrong in Snooker Ronnie could have had Back to Back 147 last night but he missed on 89 had he made that 147 his adrenalin would be on such a high that repeating the feat in the 6th frame he would be unable to put the same effort in to the frame.

All it would take is one kick or bad split to ruin a max.

Postby GreenRiver

Yes.

Computer companies will design snooker robots that cannot miss and score 147 every frame without fail and all the human players will end up on the dole or, if they are lucky, working in the factory where the robots are made.

There will be a constructors championship like in formula one and Google and Apple will fight it out for top spot whilst Microsoft spend all season consigned to "the chair".