Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Casey

Whilst it would be fantastic for Steve if he won the game, imagine the headlines! However as snooker fans we would be robbed of a great match between Robbo and Higgins, both their matches this season went to final frame deciders….no reason why it wouldn’t be that close again (if they meet)

Postby Roland

Well if Davis does win then you can't take anything away from him. I don't want to see a damp squib Higgins take on Robbo, I want to see the World Number 1 and defending champion. So I'm hoping that Higgins will turn up today and show he's still in there somewhere. He kicked on after a rubbish first session against Hawkins and he needs to do the same again today. Funnily enough, I don't think he'll be as concerned at going 6-2 down to Davis as he would Selby, Ronnie, Ding or Mark Williams. Maybe that's in Davis favour, maybe that's why Higgins only had 83% pot success because he thought he would waltz to victory with his C game and Davis caught him off guard.

Postby Casey

Yep that’s what I was saying last night, Higgins did not look comfortable at all, its as if he did not know what way to take the match.

However Davis played really well so hats are well and truly off. If Higgins does come through I think he will be more of a danger than say had he coasted through easy (last year was a big example of this). He needs to come into the match today with the mindset that he is playing a Ronnie or Selby….leave no chances and take all as a must!!

Postby Wildey

Selby last played Sunday Afternoon and he will play his Next Match starting a week later Sunday Afternoon a full 7 days and Maguire or Dott would have won 2 matches in that time to reach the Quarter Finals.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:Selby last played Sunday Afternoon and he will play his Next Match starting a week later Sunday Afternoon a full 7 days and Maguire or Dott would have won 2 matches in that time to reach the Quarter Finals.

I know, it happenes every year...why indeed?

Postby N_Castle07

Great to hear Davis is all over the news and radio today great promotion for the game. I must say Higgins is my second favourite player of all time but I’m still enjoying Steve’s run in this match. I honestly can’t remember the last time I seen him play this well and seen him so focused and determined. Just look at his face when he pots some of the pressure shots ie) yellow and green in the last frame. He stayed down on the shot and you could see how much it still means to him. Like everyone else I fully expect Higgins to win this match but you never know this years world is still missing a big shock win. I believe Davis is ranked number 22? Does anyone know where he stands in the rankings now with reaching the last 16?

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Brilliant Start for Live Scoring its screwed before a ball being hit <doh>

but its woken up lol

Why is the LIVE scoring aspect so important..... keep reading it is broken but it is easy to be watching both matches and commenting, if LIVE scoring works great if not, not really a big deal. :wave:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Brilliant Start for Live Scoring its screwed before a ball being hit <doh>

but its woken up lol

Why is the LIVE scoring aspect so important..... keep reading it is broken but it is easy to be watching both matches and commenting, if LIVE scoring works great if not, not really a big deal. :wave:

Some are at Work and i dont want to update scores for them if its possible <ok>