No votes
break off
No votes
escape from snooker
11%

Total votes : 9

YOUR favourite shot

Postby Smart

Guys I have recently been shooting a fair bit of pool and thoroughly enjoyed it too. BUT I get more satisfaction out of certain shots than others. I have been playing the screw back off the break and landing perfectly on the baulk cushion (remember this is a 6 x 3 foot pool table).

But adopting a looser grip on the cue and really striking it sweet from pretty much any range I have been playing some real nice screw shots.

For me there is something magical (ok that sounds wanky) about playing the screw shot whether it be banana screw or simple straight screw.....

I am also a fan of the stun shot, but as with the screw judgement of position is what I struggle with and I am always trying to better myself in this regard.

What is your favourite shot to play.

Re: YOUR favourite shot

Postby Roland

One of my favourite shots is long pot with top spin, most commonly seen here with black tied up, top spin to bring white off cushion and back for BOBC (blue or baulk colour)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

To play it would be a screw shot. If I was able to hit a banana shot then that would be it. I'm playing pool tomorrow so I can have a go at pulling it off.

Postby Smart

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:To play it would be a screw shot. If I was able to hit a banana shot then that would be it. I'm playing pool tomorrow so I can have a go at pulling it off.

The small survey above proves that simply drawing the cue ball back with screw or playing the banana shot - really are pleasing shots to play. <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

My opinion I think the survwey is too limited. Maybe screw with side, going into the pack or kisses around the black spot are the most satisfying. sorry to be awkward

Postby Roland

This is another of my favourite shots learnt from watching the likes of Hendry and Williams. If you play it in a match it puts the fear of god in your opponent (in amateur circles that is). Black to yellow:

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:This is another of my favourite shots learnt from watching the likes of Hendry and Williams. If you play it in a match it puts the fear of god in your opponent (in amateur circles that is). Black to yellow:

Yep, another category I could (and possibly should have added) is a fantastic positional or navigational shot........ in this scenario (beautifully depicted by shotmeister) - around the table missing baulk colour to land perfectly on yellow to corner.

:wave: