Topic locked

Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 25th of November~Sunday 7th of December at the Barbican Center in York.

The UK Championship is a long established event that has been won by the greatest names in Snooker and last year was no exeption when Neil Robertson became only the 8th player to have completed the set of World, UK and Masters titles, of course since then Mark Selby has also joined that list of Steve Davis, Terry Griffiths, Alex Higgins, Stephen Hendry, Mark Williams, John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan.

This year Neil Robertson will be defending his title against very strong opersition from Stuart Bingham, Ricky Walden, Barry Hawkins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Shaun Murphy, Marco Fu, Mark Williams, John Higgins, Stephen Maguire and World Champion Mark Selby

Also playing are legends Jimmy White and after missing last years event due to going in the ITV Jungle Steve Davis is in the Draw as a invited Wild Card.

There are 6 amateurs in the draw Joe O'Connor, Ashley Carty, Daniel Wells, John Sutton, Eden Sharav and Amateur of the season so far Oliver Brown.

Who will win the 38th Staging of the event and will there be a new Name on the trophy this year?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Streamed on Liveworldsnooker.TV and Betting Sites

Tuesday 25th of November

2.30pm

Robert Milkins v Michael Leslie
Barry Hawkins v Ashley Carty

7.30pm

Stuart Bingham v Thanawat Tirapongbaiboon
Judd Trump v Rouzi Maimalti

Wednesday 26th of November

9.30am

John Higgins v Lee Walker
Xiao Goudong v Ian Glover

2.30pm

Ding Junhui v John Sutton
Jimmy White v Dave Harold

7.30pm

Ricky Walden v Steve Davis
Mark Selby v Oliver Brown

Thursday 27th of November

9.30am

Marco Fu v Ahmed Saif
Mark Williams v Steven Hallworth

2.30pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Daniel Wells
Mark Allen v Eden Sharav

7.30pm

Neil Robertson v Joe O'Connor
Shaun Murphy v James Wattana

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 25th of November

2.30pm

Peter Ebdon v Ross Muir
Robert Milkins v Michael Leslie streamed
Graeme Dott v Alexander Ursenbacher
Barry Hawkins v Ashley Carty streamed
Sports Hall
Kurt Maflin v Chris Norbury
Marcus Campbell v Scott Donaldson
Anthony Hamilton v Chris Steadman
Nigel Bond v Stuart Carrington

7.30pm

Alan McManus v Joel Walker
Stuart Bingham v Thanawat Tirapongbaiboon streamed
Judd Trump v Rouzi Maimalti streamed
Michael Holt v Zak Surety
Sports Hall
Tom Ford v Barry Pinches
Alfie Burden v Chris Wakelin
Aditya Mehta v Alex Davies
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Andrew Norman

Honest to god i cant believe Graeme Dott's Match not being streamed on Tuesday.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:Why isn't Drago v Dale being streamed. Don't really care because I'll be there but it seems amiss.

Because of this fascination in showing Jimmy White

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:I remember last year's Jimmy White UK match being televised (vs Bingo), he play like a mug as he would say. Not pretty. Having said that, he did play well last month. Could he roll back the years?

His match with Harold will go close and its 50/50 with Harold form being poor itself having dropped to 70 But Jimmys biggest problem is the pressure he is creating with stupid comments like he still think he can be World Champion. He cant live up to that statement.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump w/o Rouzi Maimalti

that match was a streamed match my guess is that Alan McManus v Joel Walker will be streamed instead.

Postby The Cueist

Might have a bet on the Jimmy match , No prizes for guessing who I will be betting on to win .

Much as I have always been a fan of Jimmys snooker
He cant ho around saying he can still be wotld champion as it aint gonna happen ever.

Shame but his best years are past him now.
Still trying and good luck to him because he will need it .

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Judd Trump w/o Rouzi Maimalti

that match was a streamed match my guess is that Alan McManus v Joel Walker will be streamed instead.

If that's the case then Mcmanus v Walker should be a cracking match, I actually fancy Joel to beat him and maybe have a nice run in this tournament.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Just had a proper route through the draw and my shouts for L16 matches are

Robertson v Dott
Bingham v Walden
Hawkins v Stevens
Carter v O'Sullivan
Ding v Liu Chuang
Trump c Brecel
Murphy v Fu
Williams v Selby

if that's the case then we are in for a cracking Last 16 line-up, Williams v Selby the highlight match for me, as both players always bring the best out of each when they play.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Just had a proper route through the draw and my shouts for L16 matches are

Robertson v Dott
Bingham v Walden
Hawkins v Stevens
Carter v O'Sullivan
Ding v Liu Chuang
Trump c Brecel
Murphy v Fu
Williams v Selby

if that's the case then we are in for a cracking Last 16 line-up, Williams v Selby the highlight match for me, as both players always bring the best out of each when they play.

Yeah, obviously there's a bit of personal favourites subjectivity in that - the one I'd have most doubt in is Trump v Brecel.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:So who's going down to York this year?

I wish.... you said you would... which days and sessions?

I guess it's a bit far for you to travel. All day Wednesday.

Good for you then, enjoy the Snooker mate. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Dotty v Ursenbacher should definately have been the match on stream this afternoon, Milkins v Leslie isn't much better, ok Milkins reached the Final of this last PTC but still... odd decision if you ask me, we're used to them anyway.

Postby Clara8633

Robertson v Dott
Bingham v Walden
Hawkins v Stevens
Carter v O'Sullivan
Ding v Liu Chuang
Trump c Brecel
Murphy v Fu
Williams v Selby

How can Liu Chuang be there??

I'm not so sure about Robbo v Dott, since Robbo never seems to do well against Ebdon according to their h2h. So we might get a Ebdon v Dott L16 match instead :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Clara8633 wrote:
How can Liu Chuang be there??

yup that would be a miracle considering he had pulled out even before the Draw was published.

Postby Clara8633

Selby's part of the draw is so tough :/ He'll be facing Williams/Maguire in R4, Murphy/Fu in the QF, Trump/Ding in the SF (if he even gets there) and the opponent in the Final will be much worse. So I think his chances of winning this year's UK Championship is very slim.