Post a reply

Re: Jimmy White World Champion?

Postby Wildey

I Moved this thread from Snooker News section to General because its not news its fantasy its deludedness its even plain Stupid but news it is not lol.

Postby SnookerFan

"White, 52, has not reached the Crucible final since 1994 and has failed to qualify for the event since losing in the first round in 2006."

Pretty much says it all really.

Postby Andre147

Please have a look at this article I discovered yesterday, at first i did not think it would be a good one, but really the author writes some very true stuff about Jimmy there...

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/ ... oker-title

He will believe he can still be World Champ until he stops playing rofl <doh> Plus in that article it's clear to see this is all a publicity stunt from Jimmy with his drug addiction revelation and so on....

Jimmy I'm afraid is getting more delusional every day, I'm afraid to say it but now I do think he should pack things up and move on and stop playing Snooker... it isn't doing him any favours now, and all this recent talk just emphasizes that.... anyway...

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Please have a look at this article I discovered yesterday, at first i did not think it would be a good one, but really the author writes some very true stuff about Jimmy there...

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/ ... oker-title

He will believe he can still be World Champ until he stops playing rofl <doh> Plus in that article it's clear to see this is all a publicity stunt from Jimmy with his drug addiction revelation and so on....

Jimmy I'm afraid is getting more delusional every day, I'm afraid to say it but now I do think he should pack things up and move on and stop playing Snooker... it isn't doing him any favours now, and all this recent talk just emphasizes that.... anyway...

rofl rofl rofl

Absolutely hilarious article, especially the part about his hair transplant that went wrong, and how a trainee first had a go on his driver. Mega LOLZ!

Obviously he's never going to win the world title now, but I don't care. A fantastic player and personality who did more for snooker than anyone until Ronnie came along.

Jimmy was the antidote to Hendry in the 90s when many fans were switching off due to the monotony. Jimmy carried snooker on his back.

Postby Roland

I don't see the article as "absolutely hilarious" and certainly not the bit about his hairpiece, poor bloke. It's a very revealing article, there's a sadness to it. He's obviously still living his lifestyle to some extent just from the evasiveness of his answers. He'd better watch out because you can't go on like that forever.

Postby daraghj82

thats what i like about jimmy, he's a bit of a dreamer and still believes he can win wc, tbh jimmy will always have this belief no matter what, anyway he is both amateur and senior wc , not bad at all

Postby The Cueist

If it makes him happy it makes me happy .
He is a world champion in my eyes .
As for the drugs roland is right , They remove all sense of reality as the whole reason for anyone taking them is
To escape reality .
They always make you sad and a pale imitation of yourself when you run out.
I have seen aquaintances go downhill thriugh using drugs, Real quick and lose everything.
If jjimmy was high on drugs and took hendry close in 92 and 94 then thats as good as being a twice world champion.
Just think how much better he eould have played without them.
Evidence of amphetimine use is when you look at jimmy continually towelling himself like a wimbledon final when he was only playing snooker.
To quote an Ian Dury song title. " What a waste ".

Postby TheSaviour

I am not so sure about this Jimmy-bandwagon.. But if there is a bandwagon you are supposed to be at, then it´s probably this. I respect Ronnie because at the times he has taken playing with the sheer natural ability and talents in a heights where it sort of makes no sense to compare you with others (if you prefer to play Ronnie-style of snooker also). Which brilliantly takes off the unnecessary pressure.

Seems like that the normality is brilliantly been restored again when people are discussing about Jimmy possibly winning the world title lol. If that normality even is ever been lost.

Postby Roland

Andy Goldstein did a brilliant interview with Jimmy White last night on TalkSport starting from 13 mins and spreading out over an hour (the 30 min clips feed into each other) http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1415916000

Jimmy is frank about the cocaine use at the start and the effect it had on him then goes on to discuss career highlights, Alex Higgins, Ronnies Wood and O'Sullivan, hustling with Tony Meo when they were teenagers and much more.

Credit to Goldstein, he's from my generation of growing up watching Jimmy White on TV so remembered all the matches and players of the era. It's a much different side to Jimmy than comes across in the Guardian piece. He's honest and doesn't hide anything and seems very happy in life.

He touches on the fact that he was treated like a rock star in the 80s and lived the lifestyle that went with it. He always laid off the coke a week before a tournament to concentrate on snooker and passed all the drugs tests, he was never high during a tournament but would resume after. The final he was 14-8 up and Hendry won 10 in a row, he said he was knackered the last day of the final and all of a sudden found himself at 14-14 without knowing what hit him.

He recounted the story where he was at Ronnie Wood's house with Keith Richards and Ronnie O'Sullivan, and the Stones guitarists started have a guitar face off and asking the snooker players who was better then told them to have a game of snooker. They'd all been drinking all day and Jimmy said they had 10 frames of snooker and between them had about 8 centuries. I'm sure in Ronnie's book he said it was 11 frames and he won 6-5 with 11 centuries. Either way, lucky Rolling Stones guitarists.

Jimmy was asked about the funniest thing that happened in a match and the answer made me laugh out loud. It was a Legends event and they usually do a raffle where a member of the audience gets to have a frame against one of the Legends. The guy who was picked out apparently had all the gear and fancied himself, Jimmy broke off from the back of the pack and fluked a red to middle and made a 147 "so that was pretty funny because he never got a shot."

Anyway, recommended listening especially as you can skip all the adverts and news bulletins with a swipe

Postby Wildey

The name Andy Goldstein and Brilliant does not go together at all.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:The name Andy Goldstein and Brilliant does not go together at all.

Credit where credit's due, I did really enjoy that interview. You could tell Goldstein is a big fan of Jimmy.

Postby Cannonball

Roco wrote:You have to admire his ambition. Not a world beater but has never stopped believing he could be

:hatoff:

Alex -> Jimmy -> Ronnie -> Judd. Believe in 14yrs for talent, flair, entertainment and greatness!

Jimmy White is a legend, a man of the people who still mixes with the people. He's down to earth, a gent around the table and ridiculously talented. If he got into the form of his life, he could win the Worlds, if other matches went his way. It would be tough to attain this form at his age and maintain it over the span of the Worlds but by god, hats off the to chap for trying. After everything he's done and been through, folk on here should show some respect to this god of snooker.

:bowdown: Hurricane!
:bowdown: Whirlwind!
:bowdown: Rocket!

Postby vodkadiet

Jimmy always says "I'm flying in practice". He probably means he is as high as a kite!