Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Actually it was more than one frame when Ronnie won it that Judd managed to score, it was 3 frames, but still it's nothing short of remarkable what Ronnie managed to do today. :bowdown:

Postby renatopt

Really busy weekend, so I couldn't get as much COC as I wanted. pmsl

From what I saw, this was a really good match, so I guess I'll have to catch a full replay on YouTube tomorrow.

I'm glad Ronnie finally showed the great standard we're used to, but thumbs up for Trump, looking to be in a good shape for the UK Championship. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Already on Youtube now:

First part: Russian commentary, but I'm sure he will post it with English later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaBr0Gz ... 5iNs124ijw

Second part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9788Xx ... 5iNs124ijw

Thrid part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6j9V2 ... 5iNs124ijw

Awards Ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRU0c_ ... 5iNs124ijw

Postby The Cueist

Very pleased Ronnie has won.
Just to lay the spectre of last may s debacle to rest.

I am sure this reassures him that he truly is the best when he can beat the best of tbe current crop in terms of risk taking potter and break builder in judd trump.

Roll on the uk.
I can see ronnie figuring in that this year.
This is a launch pad for this season for ron.
The greatest snooker player I have ever seen .
Trump but for a few mistakes could have levelled the match.

I am sure he will take this experience to the uk.

But I am so pleased as a ronnie fan5hat he did the business in style.

As for the uk didnt thhe dates for this move a while ago.

I am sure this

Postby TheSaviour

TheRocket wrote:Ive watched the interviews after the game and its really interesting that Ronnie thinks, the last time he played that well was when he was 15 or 16, saying that he played rubbish for the last 16 years. He said this a couple of times now so there must be something right about that I suppose. He knows it better than we do.

But in my eyes he shouldn't forget how great he played between 2001-2008 as well and how many great moments he had. The standard he played today was around the same he played in the 05 or 07 masters final or at the 2008 semi vs Hendry.

But mentally he obviously feels better than ever before.

I´m glad that Ronnie has again found a form like that. It was always on the cards he would play well during this tournament because there are a h... of a lot similarities between this and the premier league how it used to be. Given not only Ronnie´s track record there (was it 9 or 10 champion), but how he obviously felt a very comfortable playing the premier league, too. I can always tell where the line is psychologically. If someone is bullshitting something when having no actual and a real access. Or is it authentic. That´s because I had my well share of having a fysical fitness issues when being a little kid and having a few surgeries also.

I need to watch at least some of those Ronnie´s centuries. I tried and planned to watch the full match from youtube without knowing the result, but didn´t manage to success with the words to google, when the first photo up was Ronnie with the winners trophy. Not that much bothered, but I made some bets Ronnie to win the match and I fancied to watch it ´live´ afterwards. Wellll, I reckon I can take this since I won the bets..

But it is great that Ronnie has found a form like that! And perhaps the Nugget could still go for it and be the force, as I have always a very much enjoyed and appreciated his Never say die - attitude.

Postby mantorok

I haven't commented much but all I will re-iterate is:

Don't judge Ronnie in China
    Did someone say decline?

Joking apart this was a great final, it was looking like a 10-3 or 10-4 at one stage but the class Judd showed to make it a competition was simply outstanding, to sit there and watch Ronnie on cruise control and pretty much not missing anything would've simply crushed most players, for me he has demonstrated champion qualities and to say you got beaten by an on-form Ronnie on that score-line makes you a winner yourself - so well done Judd, definitely future WC material, just needs to keep knuckling down and like he said, take all of the positives out of last week, because there were many.

So let's get serious for a minute, last year he won this event playing very well, not as good as he did yesterday, he was runner-up in the WC this year, again, not playing this well.

Ronnie's very happy right now, probably the happiest I've seen him, when he says he's playing like he was when was 16 he means he's knocking them in well, making big breaks, long pots, obviously his match-play is miles ahead now but I get what he's saying, he's comfortable in the balls and doesn't feel like missing, just like when he was a teenager.

He's approaching 39, and he can still peak at times, which is astonishing, well it almost defies physics. If he carries on with this mentality and approach then he has at least 6 world titles in him, let's face it, he's not always going to face a determined Selby in every world final (and trust me there will be more world finals).

I think this win has done his confidence wonders, to show that sort of emotion on match ball is what we want to see, doesn't matter if it's just the CoC, it's the determination and will to win that keep his competitiveness going.

The last 3 years has been the best time to be a fan of Ronnies, we take any losses with a pinch of salt these days because we know he doesn't throw the towel in, he gives it all and it's all anyone's ever wanted. Long may it continue!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Between them 6 centuries in 17 frames.

Standard. :hatoff:

Hendry could manage more than that on his own #realstandard ;-)

It helps playing in a weaker era. He could do as he wished with nobody to challenge him. <ok>

Dont Quite understand how the process of breakbuilding differs once a player is at the table.

Today opponents arent aloud to put their hands over a pocket to stop balls going in and back in the day opponents couldn't do that.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:I haven't commented much but all I will re-iterate is:

Don't judge Ronnie in China
    Did someone say decline?

Joking apart this was a great final, it was looking like a 10-3 or 10-4 at one stage but the class Judd showed to make it a competition was simply outstanding, to sit there and watch Ronnie on cruise control and pretty much not missing anything would've simply crushed most players, for me he has demonstrated champion qualities and to say you got beaten by an on-form Ronnie on that score-line makes you a winner yourself - so well done Judd, definitely future WC material, just needs to keep knuckling down and like he said, take all of the positives out of last week, because there were many.

So let's get serious for a minute, last year he won this event playing very well, not as good as he did yesterday, he was runner-up in the WC this year, again, not playing this well.

Ronnie's very happy right now, probably the happiest I've seen him, when he says he's playing like he was when was 16 he means he's knocking them in well, making big breaks, long pots, obviously his match-play is miles ahead now but I get what he's saying, he's comfortable in the balls and doesn't feel like missing, just like when he was a teenager.

He's approaching 39, and he can still peak at times, which is astonishing, well it almost defies physics. If he carries on with this mentality and approach then he has at least 6 world titles in him, let's face it, he's not always going to face a determined Selby in every world final (and trust me there will be more world finals).

I think this win has done his confidence wonders, to show that sort of emotion on match ball is what we want to see, doesn't matter if it's just the CoC, it's the determination and will to win that keep his competitiveness going.

The last 3 years has been the best time to be a fan of Ronnies, we take any losses with a pinch of salt these days because we know he doesn't throw the towel in, he gives it all and it's all anyone's ever wanted. Long may it continue!

Hendry won his 7th World Title in decline winning titles doesn't say anything but your Right Ronnie is far from Declining he is still playing Top Quality Snooker but lets not forget Decline is around the corner for every player at some point.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:Hendry won his 7th World Title in decline winning titles doesn't say anything but your Right Ronnie is far from Declining he is still playing Top Quality Snooker but lets not forget Decline is around the corner for every player at some point.

Absolutely, and I know world titles aren't everything but I still think 6 would be considered reaching his potential, and if he's still capable of peaking during longer matches then he's got every chance.

Hendry also came close to winning his 8th (decider) in 2002 which is astonishing, not to mention the hammering in the last session of the Semi he dished out to Ronnie.

I still think 5 world titles is not good enough, to equal Davis record I think would mean a lot to Ronnie, I think 7 is pushing it and that deserves to be the record to the greatest player on the planet to ever pick up a cue, and just further demonstrates how much effort he had to put in to get those 7 titles and how difficult it is to achieve.

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Between them 6 centuries in 17 frames.

Standard. :hatoff:

Hendry could manage more than that on his own #realstandard ;-)

It helps playing in a weaker era. He could do as he wished with nobody to challenge him. <ok>

Oh dear,Once again a Ronnie fan has to bring this up!,tryin to label the 90,s a weak era is the highest standard of ignorance one can get,i,ve said it numerous times before,and i,ll keep on reminding you and the others who try and devalue Hendrys titles,records.
One could try and devaluate all the other players including Ronnie by saying they only won or got far in certain tourneys because there opponents were,nt on song,were lucky,did,nt turn up,played over par,played rubbish,were weak,etc!.
I,ve lost count of the times Ronnies opponents over the years that played rubbish against him,were,nt on song,were weak.

Now lets see,lets take the international championship just over a week ago eg,one could try and devalue Waldens win,due to his opponents not being on song,being weaker as usual,etc.

And as far as this,"he still had to pot the balls" is concerned,well Hendry,Davis,Higgins,etc,etc,any one who goes on to win any tournament has/had to pot the balls,not just Ronnie. <doh>

I think it,s high time that the sourgrape Ronnie fans and Hendry hater/dislikers started to show some respect,i don,t have a problem showin Ronnie respect,in fact,i,m gonna show Ronnie some right now.

Well done Ronnie,he played brilliant stuff and thouroughly deserved to win this tourney,especially the way he played in the final,congrats to him and to his fans ( i mean the ones that are not as ignorant as this Cloud idiot as well as a few others).

If Ronnie manages to keep this up,then he sure does have a chance of beating some more of Hendrys records,especially the precious titles count and worlds tally,he still has a bit to go though,......

Hendry= Ranking event finals: 57 (36 titles, 21 runner-ups)

Ronnie= Ranking event finals: 38 (26 titles, 12 runner-ups)

Have a nice day all!. :-)

Postby Andy Spark

BTW Why were the players allowed to munch nuts and raisins whilst sat down? What next, let them take in a KFC bargain bucket. Standards are slipping; I'd just let them drink champagne in attractive champagne flutes, after all this is supposed to be an up market event!

Postby mantorok

hendry_fan wrote:Have a nice day all!. :-)

I wouldn't rise to it, a lot of players will not play as well as they can against Hendry or Ronnie, simply because they became feared players, but Hendry's fear was warranted because he was absolutely rock-solid, which is where Ronnie is right now, he's become a lot more resilient, reliable.

This weak era stuff is nonsense, you have to pot the balls and that's exactly what the game is about.

Even Ronnie acknowledges the greats in the game like Hendry, so why can't his fans?

Postby Andy Spark

mantorok wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Have a nice day all!. :-)

I wouldn't rise to it, a lot of players will not play as well as they can against Hendry or Ronnie, simply because they became feared players, but Hendry's fear was warranted because he was absolutely rock-solid, which is where Ronnie is right now, he's become a lot more resilient, reliable.

This weak era stuff is nonsense, you have to pot the balls and that's exactly what the game is about.

Even Ronnie acknowledges the greats in the game like Hendry, so why can't his fans?

Experience has taught me to try to resist discussing the perennial Hendry/O'Sullivan GOAT debate unless on an appropriate thread. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:BTW Why were the players allowed to munch nuts and raisins whilst sat down? What next, let them take in a KFC bargain bucket. Standards are slipping; I'd just let them drink champagne in attractive champagne flutes, after all this is supposed to be an up market event!

<doh>

Yes, because eating nuts is chavvy, but drinking whilst working makes you look the height of class.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:BTW Why were the players allowed to munch nuts and raisins whilst sat down? What next, let them take in a KFC bargain bucket. Standards are slipping; I'd just let them drink champagne in attractive champagne flutes, after all this is supposed to be an up market event!

<doh>

Yes, because eating nuts is chavvy, but drinking whilst working makes you look the height of class.

But I'd suggest they aren't really doing any work whilst sat down! These are supposed to be champions, let us see them enjoying the trappings of great success.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

My afterthoughts:

Ronnie O'Sullivan showed yesterday that the World Championship final loss wasn't the beginning of the end. He played his very best snooker while also showing his fighting abilities to get his hands on the title. What impressed me most this week about him was the ability to step it up at the business of his matches. Against Bingham he finished with two centuries at 2-2, he closed the match out calmly against Fu and took initiative against Ding who looked the better player at 4-4 again with 2 great clearances. Yesterday was no different. He hadn't had a chance for 4 frames against Trump and all of a sudden he pulls out 2 magnificent breaks to pull away and finally win the match in one visit.

Ronnie had a pot success of 96% and Trump 94% I think. It was the highest standard I have ever seen in a multiple session final. Ronnie winning yesterday was very important for him for multiple reasons.

Most importantly this win is a statement. Trump said he would have beaten anyone else yesterday and I agree. In a way it reestablishes Ronnie as the best player in the world. The fear factor just gone up the roof again.

Secondly his victory will give Ronnie a huge boost. His confidence must be sky high, he had everything he ever wanted in a final yesterday, he won the title while playing his A+ game against a great opponent also playing at his best.

Thirdly Ronnie's first title of the season will pave the way for more wins. Had he lost yesterday it would have been 2 straight final defeats and it would have set him back quite a bit. Now he has the chance to crown his already golden 2014 (Masters win, Welsh Open + record breaking 147, World Final, Champion of Champion title defense) with the UK title.

Ronnie completely reinvented himself with the help of Dr Peters and is now experiencing his best years he ever had in his long career. Long may it continue...

Postby SnookerFan

To be fair, in my early 20s I did sometime stop off for a beer in my lunch break at work on Friday afternoons. But then I was never known for my class. :-D

Not done that for years and years though.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, in my early 20s I did sometime stop off for a beer in my lunch break at work on Friday afternoons. But then I was never known for my class. :-D

Not done that for years and years though.

Not necessary when you have a pie shop round the corner from work.

Postby vodkadiet

Trump fought back well, but he plays too open a game to match O'Sullivan at his best. However, as well as O'Sullivan played his days are numbered. His loss to Selby at The Worlds has still ruined his chances of surpassing Hendry's 7 world titles.

O'Sullivan's performance in The 2005 Masters finals was the best I have seen O'Sullivan play in a final, but yesterday's effort wasn't far behind.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:Trump fought back well, but he plays too open a game to match O'Sullivan at his best. However, as well as O'Sullivan played his days are numbered. His loss to Selby at The Worlds has still ruined his chances of surpassing Hendry's 7 world titles.

O'Sullivan's performance in The 2005 Masters finals was the best I have seen O'Sullivan play in a final, but yesterday's effort wasn't far behind.

I'll re-watch that 2005 final trying to compare these two performances. I'll come back to you once I'm finished.

But admit it, you will miss Ronnie just as much as any Ronnie fan once he's retired. :-D

Postby Clara8633

masterdoctorgenius wrote:vodka, "his days are numbered" . again the decline talk. hahahha

Of course his days are numbered. It's just a matter of when. He is almost 39 and still needs two more world titles to surpass Hendry's record.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:My afterthoughts:

Ronnie O'Sullivan showed yesterday that the World Championship final loss wasn't the beginning of the end. He played his very best snooker while also showing his fighting abilities to get his hands on the title. What impressed me most this week about him was the ability to step it up at the business of his matches. Against Bingham he finished with two centuries at 2-2, he closed the match out calmly against Fu and took initiative against Ding who looked the better player at 4-4 again with 2 great clearances. Yesterday was no different. He hadn't had a chance for 4 frames against Trump and all of a sudden he pulls out 2 magnificent breaks to pull away and finally win the match in one visit.

Ronnie had a pot success of 96% and Trump 94% I think. It was the highest standard I have ever seen in a multiple session final. Ronnie winning yesterday was very important for him for multiple reasons.

Most importantly this win is a statement. Trump said he would have beaten anyone else yesterday and I agree. In a way it reestablishes Ronnie as the best player in the world. The fear factor just gone up the roof again.

Secondly his victory will give Ronnie a huge boost. His confidence must be sky high, he had everything he ever wanted in a final yesterday, he won the title while playing his A+ game against a great opponent also playing at his best.

Thirdly Ronnie's first title of the season will pave the way for more wins. Had he lost yesterday it would have been 2 straight final defeats and it would have set him back quite a bit. Now he has the chance to crown his already golden 2014 (Masters win, Welsh Open + record breaking 147, World Final, Champion of Champion title defense) with the UK title.

Ronnie completely reinvented himself with the help of Dr Peters and is now experiencing his best years he ever had in his long career. Long may it continue...

Yes fair assessment there SO <ok> My thoughts eaxctly.

Of course being almost 39 Vodka makes a good point in that his days are numbered, but hell I think he can still play his best snooker for at least 1 or 2 more years if he truly wants to, because with Ronnie desire does play a big part. Plus, Higgins and MJW can only dream now of the standard Ronnie is playing and despite MJW showing some of his old form in the IC, those 2 can't even win a damn PTC at the moment, let alone a ranking tourney or a prestigious tournament like this CoC...

I still maintain what I said yesterday though, despite this brilliant display from Ronnie, he will not go favourite for me for the UK Champs, but his past record there since he won in 2007 (exception being 2009) hasn't done himself justice... i honestly don't know why that is the case, the UK Chams used to be one of the tournaments he loved best but in recent times he does seem tired and flat when he plays there...

I do hope he proves me wrong and does himsself justice there, i wouldn't even mind if he lost there as long as we seen some good performances from him and not the flat ones like we've seen in recent UKs...

But of course I'm still in a bit of an high after his win yesterday :-D like you say, long may he continue to give us magic moments like that Final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The draw for the UK was recently released. This is Ronnie's draw / possible route to the final:

Wells - Lines/Swail - Woollaston/Dale - Guodong/Carter - Stevens/Higgins/Hawkins - Walden/Bingham/Robertson

That's a reasonable draw for Ronnie I think. Hopefully he can perform like he did in the CoC.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The draw for the UK was recently released. This is Ronnie's draw / possible route to the final:

Wells - Lines/Swail - Woollaston/Dale - Guodong/Carter - Stevens/Higgins/Hawkins - Walden/Bingham/Robertson

That's a reasonable draw for Ronnie I think. Hopefully he can perform like he did in the CoC.

When Vodka sees this he'll certainly say Ronnie will lose to his nemesis Lines if he faces him in the 2nd round <laugh>

But like you say not too bad a draw.