Post a reply

European Tour 5 in Lisbon?

Postby renatopt

Hey guys, greetings from Portugal.

This weekend, a Portuguese sport newspaper announced that the European Tour 5 will most likely happen here in Lisbon, December 10-14. However, they said there are some "last minute financial demands" that may delay the negotiations.

That's great news for us, because Portugal never hosted any World Snooker tournament. However, barring this newspaper, I can't find any "official" confirmation of this. Does anybody here heard about this? Should I believe in the news?

Here's the article, btw. http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=510042 (It's in Portuguese but I can help with the translation if you want.)

Re: European Tour 5 in Lisbon?

Postby Skullman

Interesting. No official confirmation so far. I thought they would just postpone like they did with another PTC, one of the Asian Tour events.

As for whether to believe it , is that paper generally reliable?

Postby renatopt

Skullman wrote:Interesting. No official confirmation so far. I thought they would just postpone like they did with another PTC, one of the Asian Tour events.

Yes, A Bola is out biggest sport newspaper, and the best imo. António Barroso is also one of the few guys here writing about Snooker.

I just though this came kinda out of nowhere.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Interesting. No official confirmation so far. I thought they would just postpone like they did with another PTC, one of the Asian Tour events.

As you know, I'm Portuguese, the newspaper is fairly reliable but it's more dedicated to Football. No confirmation yet as it appears it suffered a setback because of some financial problems, but if all goes well Portugal should host this 5th PTC. I would love that of course, but better not get my hopes high yet because it can all fall apart.

Postby fmsd91

I am portuguese and I would love to see the ET5 in Portugal, I would play on it no doubt about it. :D
I am just afraid the timeframe is not perfect and we are just one month away from the tournament. This kind of professional events supposes a big organization behind and maybe sponsors don't want to put their money in something that is being organized so fast. They need plenty of time to advertise, and be sure everything goes perfect. So, I am pessimist right now but you never know...
Cheers!

Francisco Domingues
http://lasesnooker.com