Post a reply

Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th of November at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.

Its Final day and King Ronnie plays Prince Judd.

Who will win the title and Become Champion of Champions?

DRAW

Sunday 9th of November

Final

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-7 Judd Trump H2H O'Sullivan leads 7-6

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Andre you win :redneck:

Never thought you would bow down to the pressure. pmsl

You've done the right thing, though. A final like this one deserves its own separate thread. <ok>

Postby Andy Spark

If Judd wants to win this final then he can't afford to miss routine blacks like this evening. One missed colour off the spot just happens occasionally, but three or more in one session would indicate problems. Judd missed three fairly routine blacks this evening; it's the kind of problem you expect a 40 year old former great to have, not a 25 year old.

Postby Dan-cat

'Its Final day and King Ronnie plays Prince Judd'

Succinct and bang on wildey :)

Now I've still got 2 ticket for both sessions of this snooker feast. Really good seats too. The only caveat is you'll have to pick them up from my flat in Shoreditch, London. My housemate Ben will hand them over. Get in touch if you want them. Worth it even if you only make the evening session.

I'll be tuned in from Spain :)

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:'Its Final day and King Ronnie plays Prince Judd'

Now I've still got 2 ticket for both sessions of this snooker feast. Really good seats too. The only caveat is you'll have to pick them up from my flat in Shoreditch, London. My housemate Ben will hand them over. Get in touch if you want them. Worth it even if you only make the evening session.

But hadn't you already given your tickets to another poster around here? :chin:

Postby AC or LT?

Dan-cat wrote:'Its Final day and King Ronnie plays Prince Judd'

Thought you sent them to some freeloader?

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Andre do you have a flea bite on your chin or a scratch where you are always scratching it.

FFS what do you want? I said all good FFS... I'm starting to get real mad at this coming from you...

let's just move on FFS.. jesus...

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:I was only joking ffs
We are too much alime in our string willed opinions.
No hard ferlings mate

That's what I said earlier no hard feelings, and then you posted that...

anyway, can we just talk about the final now...

How close do you think the match will be? You said you expected Judd to be steamrolled by Ronnie... I honestly can't see that happening..

Postby The Cueist

Well I just want ronnie to do that even though the realiist in me tells me that Judd will do everything to not let that happen.
Head to heads are six s piece.
I want ronnie to retain his fear factor snd catch hendrys title count so bad.
Slso when ronnie stops playing I eill stop watching snooker

For real

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:You're right about that SO but what worries me is that Ronnie seems to be missing more sitters over the last months. He can pull off a brillant break at anytime but the next frame he can miss the easiest sitter at a moment where you think, well he'll surely make a frame winning break from here.

I think, overall, if the 2004-2008 Ronnie had the mental strength of the Ronnie today, he would have been even more frightening and stronger than the Ronnie of today. And he surely would have never lost that match against Ebdon or Dott. However. Clear is. Ronnie still plays great snooker and is capable of beating anyone and winning anything and that's the most important think. Calling him peak Ronnie or not is secondary.

I think the main difference is that we are now paying more attention to Ronnie's mistakes. Because the older he gets the more we start thinking about the inevitable decline and we start interpreting. I do that as well sometimes but that's not a very scientific approach.

Fact is all players miss easy balls. Ronnie always has and always will. The important thing however is not missing pots at the business end of a match and I don't see Ronnie missing more vital easy balls than he did 7 years ago.

Very good reflection there SO you said earlier in the semi-thread... The most impotant thing is like you say not miss silly easy ones at important moments... one or 2 sitters missed hardly loses a match anyway...

Like TR said, doesnt matter much if this Ronnie of 2012-onwards is peak Ronnie or the one between 2004-2008, fact is he's still winning tournaments when Higgins and MJW can only dream of now... hell, right now, I would even give MJW more of a chance of winning one than Higgins...

I never thought Higgins would get this low... I think he can still win another ranker, but at the moment he can't even win a PTC or anything.

Anyway, hopefully Ronnie wins tomorrow, would give some confidence ahead of the UK, a tournament he hasn't won for donkey doo years.
Last edited by Andre147 on 09 Nov 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Well I just want ronnie to do that even though the realiist in me tells me that Judd will do everything to not let that happen.
Head to heads are six s piece.
I want ronnie to retain his fear factor snd catch hendrys title count so bad.
Slso when ronnie stops playing I eill stop watching snooker

For real

So will you mind me saying that you're just a fan of a particular player and not the sport itself? I don't think you should stop watching, but thats just my opinion mate.. there are other great players around to watch other than Ronnie..

Postby The Cueist

The great Ronnie Osullivan has kept snooker alive with his flair and unpredictability for 20 or more years.
He has lived and breathed snooker and had everything
Against him at times.
2005 worlds with peter ebdon was a travesty for him
How that match was not awarded to him on the grounds it was mis refereed just amazed me.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:The great Ronnie Osullivan has kept snooker alive with his flair and unpredictability for 20 or more years.
He has lived and breathed snooker and had everything
Against him at times.
2005 worlds with peter ebdon was a travesty for him
How that match was not awarded to him on the grounds it was mis refereed just amazed me.

Well if that was the case than most fans of Alex Higgins and Jimmy White would have stopped watching because their idols couldnt perform any longer on the big stage..

Ronnie is massive in Snooker, but no player will ever be bigger than the Sport.

Postby The Cueist

I am a fan of the sport andre and I prefer to play than watch.
That is no disrespect to those who lik to watch other players.

I do feel mean saying uit but that is how I feel.

Too many players are just so so tnese days.
Sa e old shots no imagination shotmaking or risktaking is boting for me.

I accept that I have to agree to differ with most people s snooker favourites.
Robbo good potter but mainly a poacher of frames
John Higgins, Enough said
Snd so on and so on.

Postby PLtheRef

Will be an interesting final and O'Sullivan for me has the edge at the moment. Worth bearing in mind that really since battle scarred Judd came onto the scene, Ronnie certainly seems to have had more of the measure of him compared to the non-battle scarred Judd of three years ago.

Postby Andre147

Fair enough mate.

I take it you have played for a long time then... you must be good at playing snooker then... wish I was that good too <laugh> then again, we don't have many tables around here, but the sport is growing.

Hopefully PTC5 will be hosted here, that would be really really nice.

Postby The Cueist

Alex Higgins I cried when I learnt of his death.
Jimmy White I could cry looking at tbe state of him.
But yeah I will concede you are right in what you are saying.
I know I am harsh and blunt in my opinions but I sm not really out to offend as I am a nice bloke really.
Just have a harsh way about me as at times life has been really harsh to me .
Nobody elses fault just the way life goes.
I dont hat any players, I just see them for what tney are.
Bingham dull, Nice bloke but dull.
Hawkins a bit dull.
When higgins was about the players about all had character.
For instance I loved to watch cliff wilson.

I am not blinkered, I have just watched a lot of snooker down the years

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:If Judd wants to become a serious contender as Ronnie's heir apparent he needs to win this, the uk championship, the masters and one of the Welsh Open/China Open. And obviously the worlds.

Yeah but even if Judd wins this Final please you or any other around around here don't suddently start to say it's a change of the guard because it won't be :wave: many many, Dave Hendon included, said it was a change of the guard when Judd beat Ronnie at the Masters 2012 and then Ronnie made them eat their own words and we all know what he did until now...

the thing is, even if Ronnie loses, he'll be in very good shape for the UK, Masters and so on, so it definately wont be a "change of the guard" silly talk like some love to mention, or the obvious decline :zzz:

Postby The Cueist

I am only 50 break standard and I dont p, ay as much ad I am always working.
But I use my limited talent wisely mate as I learned to.
I perfected my cue action and use of screw and side and stun reading joe davis bible.

I loved to watch ray rerdon, In john parrots book he called him the arch angel of clear up merchants.

He was.
Reardon said he didnt care if he was 6 points behind in a frame or 60, As long as there was enough on the table for him yo win the framd

Postby Andre147

Binman wrote:Trump is not going to win a best of 19 final against ronnie.

I don't even think it will be particularly close.

10-5 or 10-6 to ronnie.

It is very hard to predict... I don't think it will be a runaway victory from either player, but then again if that happened, especially in Ronnie's case, I wouldn't be much surprised.

PL made a good earlier, Judd now has a bit of "scars" when playing Ronnie, as opposed to UK Champs 2011 and Masters 2012 when he was full of confidence ready to win everything... it didn't quite pan out that way did it..