Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Finals Weekend !!!!

Postby Andre147

GJ will be devastated I feel :-(

Don't worry man, Robbo played a good tournament and is surely in good form when he defends his UK Title.

Judd the better player in the end. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Judd won't be easy at all, Ronnie will have to cut on his mistakes.

Judd is playing is long ones like in 2011, and back then in that season he managed to beat Ronnie twice when playing superb long pots, similar form to this, so Ronnie will have a very tough match.

But Judd too will have to improve a bit, Ronnie is well capable of running away if Judd isn't on his game.

Should be a fantastic match to watch. :D

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:Judd won't be easy at all, Ronnie will have to cut on his mistakes.

Judd is playing is long ones like in 2011, and back then in that season he managed to beat Ronnie twice when playing superb long pots, similar form to this, so Ronnie will have a very tough match.

But Judd too will have to improve a bit, Ronnie is well capable of running away if Judd isn't on his game.

Should be a fantastic match to watch. :D

judd missed some shockers and sitters today

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump beat the world and UK champion so far. Next up, the masters champion?

Hopefully he'll only beat those 2... But it would be some achievment beating Selby, Robbo and Ronnie on same tournament in sucessive rounds.

Postby Andre147

And again Wild, why have the Final discussion thread here? :chin:

Doesn't make any sense, the Masters has the exact same format for Semis and Final and you do them separately.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:And again Wild, why have the Final discussion thread here? :chin:

Doesn't make any sense, the Masters has the exact same format for Semis and Final and you do them separately.

its not the masters

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Ronnie will trounce trump tomorrow and make robertson feel a chump for not poaching tonights match off of him

So you think Robbo would stand more of a chance against Ronnie than Trump will?

I very much doubt Ronnie will hammer Trump, both will play well me thinks and could be close.

Postby TheRocket

Judd looked extremely nervy at the end of the match, even still now when he's sitting in the studio. Neils great safeties really put him under massive pressure but Neil made a mistake IMO when he didn't go for that black. He should have taken it on. However.

Tough match to call for tomorrow. Ronnie slight favourite for me but he needs to cut off the basic mistakes like missing sitters. If he plays like he did against Bingo and Ding (towards the end) he'll win.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And again Wild, why have the Final discussion thread here? :chin:

its not the masters

lol some explanation there :?

Anyway, not that I'm too bothered...

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Judd looked extremely nervy at the end of the match, even still now when he's sitting in the studio. Neils great safeties really put him under massive pressure but Neil made a mistake IMO when he didn't go for that black. He should have taken it on. However.

Tough match to call for tomorrow. Ronnie slight favourite for me but he needs to cut off the basic mistakes like missing sitters. If he plays like he did against Bingo and Ding (towards the end) he'll win.

Agree TR, the key for Judd is his long game, if that's working like it has been so far plus scoring well when he has chances he could beat Ronnie like he did in those UK Champs 2011 and Masters 2012. I know it was Best of 11 then, but still that's the kind of performance Judd will be looking for to beat Ronnie.

Ronnie on the other hand should do exactly what you described there.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Wildey wrote:Last year i had 2 threads 1 for Group stage and 1 for Semi and final.

It just seems a bit odd to use one thread for semis and final when the format is so similarly to many ranking events

Agree <ok>

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Semi Finals !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Trump's long game is obviously very dangerous. Also his safety improved a lot lately. However he misses more sitters than any other top player. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Tomorrow will be the first time Ronnie and Trump meet in a proper final. Judd even said that he's humbled by the opportunity of playing a peak Ronnie in a major final.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump's long game is obviously very dangerous. Also his safety improved a lot lately. However he misses more sitters than any other top player. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Tomorrow will be the first time Ronnie and Trump meet in a proper final. Judd even said that he's humbled by the opportunity of playing a peak Ronnie in a major final.

I don't think, he'll be playing a peak Ronnie but that's just my personal opinion of course. I think, mentally Ronnie obviously is as strong as ever but playing-wise he was stronger in 2001-2008 in my eyes. That doesn't mean of course that the Rocket is in decline , like some people here wanna say. Ronnie still plays great Snooker but the way he played in the Masters 2005,2007 or WC 2004 or 2008 is still unique for me.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump's long game is obviously very dangerous. Also his safety improved a lot lately. However he misses more sitters than any other top player. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I don't think, he'll be playing a peak Ronnie but that's just my personal opinion of course. I think, mentally Ronnie obviously is as strong as ever but playing-wise he was stronger in 2001-2008 in my eyes. That doesn't mean of course that the Rocket is in decline , like some people here wanna say. Ronnie still plays great Snooker but the way he played in the Masters 2005,2007 or WC 2004 or 2008 is still unique for me.

The mind can play tricks on you sometimes. I remember the 2007/08 season still very well and Ronnie really played some marvelous snooker. But there were also some matches where he didn't quite perform or was lucky to get through, like against Doherty and Maguire in the 2007 Masters. The standard Ronnie played against Walden at the Masters and his overall performance in the Welsh Open this year was just as good as it was back then, probably even better.