Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 2

Postby Wildey

Next its this Group Steve Davis steps back on to ITV Screens where he made the first ever Televised Maximum in the 1981 Lada Classic.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Selby practice session coming up

Well put, can't see anything other than a 4-0 win for Selby.

Steve playing here rofl I still say that had Joe Johnson or Doug Mountjoy won the Seniors they wouldnt have been ilegible to play here, they just wouldnt. Steve was of course, as it would Jimmy White had he won the Seniors.

Postby Skullman

A couple of times in PTCs and CL but their last real match was that 2011 China Open final. Of course, Judd has Mags to contend with first.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I want a Trump v Selby group final. These two don't play each other too often, do they?

Me too, but I honestly think Mags will beat Trump here, but I'm rooting for Trump for once this time.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, my only hope is Steve doesn't make a complete fool of himself, even if he loses 4-0 I hope that won't be because he was dismal but instead for the reason Selby played well.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

It's amazing really. After Steve Davis lost to Craig Steadman 8-10 in April I thought I would never see him play another match as an professional again. Now here he is at the 5th biggest event of the season playing the reigning World Champion.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:You still won't see him play as a professional though and probably never will.

Yeah this is more like a wildcard than anything else really... he's not a professional now as you say.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I would love it, just love it, if Davis beat Selby.

It would be up there with his win over Higgins at the Crucible in 2010... I would love it too, but we all know it will never happen in a million years.

Like I said, just hope he doesn't make a complete fool of himself.

Postby vodkadiet

Can you stop calling them group 1, group 2 etc. They aren't groups at all. Groups are where everyone plays everyone else. This is a straight knockout event. This group nonsense is just another gimmick. The whole tournament is a gimmick.

Ding Junhui beat Hawkins in a quarter final, not a group final.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Can you stop calling them group 1, group 2 etc. They aren't groups at all. Groups are where everyone plays everyone else. This is a straight knockout event. This group nonsense is just another gimmick. The whole tournament is a gimmick.

lol they aren't groups but that's the format WS decided to have, so Wild simply put it as it is, doesn't mean we agree with it, because we don't, it's a knock out format like the Masters.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Can you stop calling them group 1, group 2 etc. They aren't groups at all. Groups are where everyone plays everyone else. This is a straight knockout event. This group nonsense is just another gimmick. The whole tournament is a gimmick.

Actually the group bit is silly. They just say that yo make it sound good.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I would love it, just love it, if Davis beat Selby.

It would be up there with his win over Higgins at the Crucible in 2010... I would love it too, but we all know it will never happen in a million years.

Like I said, just hope he doesn't make a complete fool of himself.

It Would be up with Elvis Spotted shopping in Tesco Never mind about when he beat Higgins.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:You still won't see him play as a professional though and probably never will.

I worded that wrong. I expected Davis to never play at the main stages of a professional tournament ever again.

if his best mate wasent Barry Hearn you wouldn't have.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm watching this round my mate's house tonight. I am taking nibbles and a bottle of wine. I am the epitome of sophistication. :hatoff:

Pity we both live in Croydon, that takes the shine off it somewhat. :gag:

Postby hendry_fan

Lookin forward to seeing the current world champ in action!.

I hope he doesn,t do a "oliver Lines" again though,mind you he can,t do that this time,cause if he were indeed to go 4-0 in front,he,d then in this case be over the line!. :-D

Bout time Maguire started gettin some results again,it seems like donkeys years since he got even a far in a tourney,it,s high time he turned the sparks he,s produced lately into big blazing fire!.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Mags won the 6 reds a couple of months ago.

Indeed he did Dan-cat,i meant PROPER SNOOKER mate!. :-D