Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 3

Postby Wildey

Final place in this Group could be decided tomorrow in Chengdu.

its Between Ali Carter and Mark Williams.

if Williams loses tomorrow then Ali Carter gets the spot in this Group.

Postby Andre147

By the way, be interesting to see if players are again required to wear ties for the afternoon matches just like last season... Then BBC copied this idea and did the same thing at the Masters. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Champion of Champion taking a break tomorrow for one reason or another but its back on Friday with the Group of the Tournament Group 3

Friday 7th of November

Group 3

1pm

Neil Robertson v Ali Carter H2H Robertson leads 11-7

NB 3pm

Ricky Walden v Mark Allen H2H 7-7

7pm

Neil Robertson/Ali Carter v Ricky Walden/Mark Allen

Many Sub plots in this group Ricky Walden fresh from his win in Chengdu playing Mark Allen the player he beat in that final and the Return to Top Level snooker for Ali Carter playing defending UK Champion Neil Robertson.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way, how is it possible that this "General Cup" Carter won on his return was carrying more prize money than this event?

More prize money? Where did you get that ideia from? The winner got 120,000 Honk Kong Dollars, I would say thats about 10,000 pounds, so no in no way did that event carry more prize money.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way, how is it possible that this "General Cup" Carter won on his return was carrying more prize money than this event?

More prize money? Where did you get that ideia from? The winner got 120,000 Honk Kong Dollars, I would say thats about 10,000 pounds, so no in no way did that event carry more prize money.

Sorry my mistake <doh>

I thought it was 120,000 pounds for the winner rofl

Thanks for clearing that up, Andre <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Who is playing today in this 'Red Poppy Classic'?

Sorry, I forgot snooker is cancelled because of a piece of junk football event.

Postby TheSaviour

I really think this it is a very nice format to play this tournament. It really could and should bring the best out of the players like Ronnie O´Sullivan, Steve Davis, Mark Selby and Ricky Walden. Interesting to see if Ricky can beat Mark Allen again today. I would certainly expect Ronnie to coast through Junhui into the final, and if Ricky will be there too, well then it really is a some prospect there! And I very rarely see it like that.

We should get some IN-DEPTH analysis. Sometimes commentators and experts are way of the mark how to approach these sorts of special tournaments. I don´t care so much about the rest of their r@nts ans @ntics if we do also get some IN-DEPTH analysis.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Some football thing ITV4 are covering. Have to agree with Vodka (for once) that it's farcical.

Well the choice was Share Coverage with football which would mean Highlights only of the Quarter Finals at 10.30pm or have a Off Day.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:Or alternatively deprive a few basement dwellers of an episode of Morse and put the snooker on ITV3 for an afternoon.

afternoon is not a problem its the evening session that the football interrupts..

Personally i would rather watch Morse than some useless Football rubbish but hey everyone to their own.....

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:afternoon is not a problem its the evening session that the football interrupts..

Personally i would rather watch Morse than some useless Football rubbish but hey everyone to their own.....

The problem is it's not about what one person in North Wales wants, it's what the majority wants. Football gets higher viewing figures, so that's what the TV stations show.

Postby GJ

Good luck to the only TRIPLE crown winner in the group :hatoff: <cool>