Post a reply

International Championship Semi Final 2: Allen v Williams

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Sunday 26th of October~Sunday 2nd of November in Chengdu, China

Semi Final 2: Mark Allen v Mark Williams

So down to four players and in our second semi final we have top player and recent Shanghai Masters runner-up Mark Allen, who bested Michael White 6-3. The other player is the two time world Champion Mark Williams, beating long time rival and peer Ronnie O'Sullivan in a ranking event for the first time in twelve years and hasn't been in a ranking semi final since the 2012 Shanghai Masters.

Will the Allen continue his good form and make it to a second ranking final in a row or will Williams roll back the years, on a high from his victory?

Click Here for Head to Heads

Overall Allen leads 9-5
Main Tournaments 3-3
Multisession Matches Williams leads 2-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: International Championship Semi Final 2: Allen v William

Postby TheRocket

Considering how good Allen's playing atm you'd say he's the favourite but after MJW beat his main bogey man today it could and should give him a huge boost so everything possible for MJW here.

I really hope, he wins the title. He's always been one of my favourite players and at the age of 39 you don't get so many opportunies anymore to win a ranker.

Postby sundaygirl

Skullman wrote:Conflicted. I don't want Allen to win, but I also want to see Carter in the CoC, which would be guaranteed with an Allen v Walden final. Maybe Williams gets to the final and loses to Walden?

That is an excellent plan :happy:

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:I Want Williams in the COC sympathy vote is a load of rubbish

If Williams or Milkins win the IC either will be there, otherwise it's Carter v Robbo.

For me I'll be happy whoever plays against Robbo.

Postby Muppet147

AC or LT? wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Carter is not a better player than Williams.

On current form, yes he is.

That's not to say Williams wasn't better about a decade ago.

Carter is a whiny little lovely lady as he showed with his ungracious words to Trump a couple of years ago at the World Championship.

Postby SavoMilosevic

AC or LT? wrote:

But if Williams qualifies for CoC that means it will be after winning one of the biggest ranking tournaments of the season. On the other hand, Carter hasn't played a lot of snooker in the past 6 months.

And don't forget MJW finished 2010-11 season as world number 1 and was playing some vintage stuff until that crucial loss in the Shanghai Masters final in October 2011, so it's not really a decade.

Postby Clara8633

Between Williams and Carter, I'd prefer Williams to enter the CoC, since he used to be an excellent player and it's nice to see him playing well again.

His match against Allen will be tough though; even if Williams plays well, Allen will be more able to perform a comeback in a best of 17 than a best of 11 (or he could just pot his way to victory).

Postby Andre147

SavoMilosevic wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

But if Williams qualifies for CoC that means it will be after winning one of the biggest ranking tournaments of the season. On the other hand, Carter hasn't played a lot of snooker in the past 6 months.

And don't forget MJW finished 2010-11 season as world number 1 and was playing some vintage stuff until that crucial loss in the Shanghai Masters final in October 2011, so it's not really a decade.

Exactly, Williams only hope of qualifying is winning the IC, no other result will be enough, so if he wins it he truly deserves to be there. The same case for Milkins, although I can't see him winning this IC tournament.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Carter is a whiny little lovely lady as he showed with his ungracious words to Trump a couple of years ago at the World Championship.

What did Carter say to Trump?

Postby AC or LT?

Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Ungracious words towards Trump maybe but trump was a cheating buck. I seem to vaguely remember that argument at the time :john:

What's up with the whistle smiley showing up as John in the edit box?

Postby Clara8633

AC or LT? wrote:Ungracious words towards Trump maybe but trump was a cheating buck. I seem to vaguely remember that argument at the time :john:

I'm not surprised to hear that about Trump.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

jesus christ you again

Yes Carter can moan for england we have all seen that no need for you to go overboard yet again now cool that rubbish.

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

jesus christ you again

Yes Carter can moan for england we have all seen that no need for you to go overboard yet again now cool that rubbish.

Hardly going overboard.

Postby Muppet147

AC or LT? wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Ungracious words towards Trump maybe but trump was a cheating buck. I seem to vaguely remember that argument at the time :john:

Your memory fails you. Trump was not cheating at all. But Carter threw his toys out of the pram because Trump had a few flukes in their match.

Postby AC or LT?

Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Your memory fails you. Trump was not cheating at all. But Carter threw his toys out of the pram because Trump had a few flukes in their match.

Oh, I though this was the whole clapping incident, or was that another match?

Putting that much screw on the ball to hit and hope should be cheating anyway. It's not entertaining, clever or fair.

Postby TheSaviour

I would rate Allen quite a big favourite to win this tournament now. But that Mark´s 120 against Ronnie yesterday was a class, needs to be said.. Even when it was a bit scappy match, you could tell that Mark Williams was always going to find his top-game and an upper gear.

Postby SnookerEd25

AC or LT? wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SavoMilosevic wrote:Why do you all want Carter in the CoC?! Williams is so much more entertaining than him.

Sympathy vote.

Carters a better player than Williams and had he not been unable to play for about 6 months would probably have made the CoC.

Carter a better player than Williams? Wow, what have you been smoking?!?