Post a reply

Liang Wenbo fined by WS

Postby Andre147

So it appears WS has finally released a statment following that incident in the Selby match at the Paul Hunter Classic when he didn't agree with a ref's decision and verbally abused him, apparently WS say it was audible on Europort but I didn't hear anything back when the TV match was on.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 51,00.html

"On 14th October 2014 the Disciplinary Committee of the WPBSA formally considered the case of Liang Wenbo in relation to an incident at the Paul Hunter Classic in Furth, Germany on 24th August 2014. During his match with Mark Selby, Liang Wenbo disputed a decision by the referee. After discussion the referee upheld his decision and after a verbal exchange Liang Wenbo conceded the match, which was in breach of the WPBSA rules. He then left the arena and then returned where he verbally abused the referee. This was in front of the crowd whilst other matches were taking place and was audible on Eurosport.

Liang Wenbo admitted the breach of the following rules and apologised for his behaviour..

1.1 Members shall, at all times (i.e. whether at a Tournament or not), behave in a proper and correct manner consistent with their status as professional sportsmen…….
1.2 A Member shall not make or cause to be made any statement or commit or cause to be committed any act which in the reasonable view of the WPBSA is likely to bring into disrepute the games of snooker and/or billiards.

He was also in breach of his players contract which states that;
The player shall not concede a frame in a match unless snookers are required.

He was fined £8,000 and ordered to pay £500 towards the costs of the hearing

The WPBSA Disciplinary Committee consider that the behaviour of Liang Wenbo was unacceptable and is damaging to the sport and it's reputation."

Re: Liang Wenbo fined by WS

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:What sort of decision did the referee make?

The match wasn't televised, it was on Sunday morning Last 16 match, honestly don't know what the decision was but he must have said some very rude words to the ref....

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:What sort of decision did the referee make?

The match wasn't televised, it was on Sunday morning Last 16 match, honestly don't know what the decision was but he must have said some very rude words to the ref....

Poor ref :/ That was very mean of Liang Wenbo.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:From what I've gathered, Liang fouled a ball with his clothes and disagreed with the ref's decision and called him a 'bucking rubbish'.

This was Skullman's post at the time of the incident, the info came from Twitter from SnookerBacker.

Of course "bucking" is instead the other word.... <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Nice to see my spamming serves a purpose occasionally <laugh>

BTW Rubbish is also filtered word