Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 6 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (17 April – 3 May 2010)

Thursday 22 April

Results

Shaun Murphy 10-7 Gerard Greene
Stephen Maguire 10-4 Stephen Lee

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 6 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Alex0paul

Peter Ebdon;

I would be the first person to congratulate Barry Hearn if he introduced new tournaments and revenue to the game, and then take a healthy commision, I dont think anyone would complain.
But to ask for 51% of the commercial rights is too much. There is going to be a meeting and I'll be very surprised if the players give up their control of the association.

We all want to play in more tournaments.

Barry Hearn is a successful businessman,he is a very intelligent man and a very shrewd man and I would love him to do a fantastic job for snooker.

The players need to understand, that giving control to Barry is not for one year, this is not for two years, this is not for five years,this is not for ten years, it's forever gone.

I've only got one vote, it's up to the members at the end of the day.

Postby N_Castle07

Alex0paul wrote:Peter Ebdon;

I would be the first person to congratulate Barry Hearn if he introduced new tournaments and revenue to the game, and then take a healthy commision, I dont think anyone would complain.
But to ask for 51% of the commercial rights is too much. There is going to be a meeting and I'll be very surprised if the players give up their control of the association.

We all want to play in more tournaments.

Barry Hearn is a successful businessman,he is a very intelligent man and a very shrewd man and I would love him to do a fantastic job for snooker.

The players need to understand, that giving control to Barry is not for one year, this is not for two years, this is not for five years,this is not for ten years, it's forever gone.

I've only got one vote, it's up to the members at the end of the day.

Time to worry boys and girls. This could be closer than we thought.

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:Well out of everybody that has spoke about it only Mark Davis and Ebodn are against. It will be interesting to hear Murphy's views after his game

i think it will go hearns way fegral is voting yes and that dispels the myth that all players outode top 32 are voting no

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Allen should beat davis easily allen wont miss sitters like day

Higgins will destroy davis

Yea Allen will come through easy enough. I would love to see him play Maguire in the QF's, there could be a lot of aggression going about that match.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:well that doesnt sound like peter is bitter he is telling it how he sees it

thing is he sees it wrong ....he wants to have control as a player but what are they doing with control ? Jack rubbish only endless arguing and voting and generally cocking it up.

Lets move on from the Gentlemen Club mentality and get professional.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It's the John Higgins vs Steve Davis match I'm most geared up for. :D Looking forward to tonight.

that will be over in no time Kings lack of breakbuilding that let Davis in.....Higgins will just steamroll him with Breakbuilding.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:i would be delighted if steve could beat higgins no chance though

That's a pretty weak effort at the jinx, you seem to have totally lost hope :-(

no i dont want robbo having to play his betst in the quarters and therefore peak to early

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:i would be delighted if steve could beat higgins no chance though

no i dont want robbo having to play his betst in the quarters and therefore peak to early

Higgins arguably needed to play his best at that stage last year and look what he achieved ... Every match is vital to perform in from here !

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Higgins had to do it last year. I also think Robbo has a better change of beating John in a best of 25 and Selby Ronnie...than say best of 33

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's the John Higgins vs Steve Davis match I'm most geared up for. :D Looking forward to tonight.

Higgins will spank him, and most of all, Davis will enjoy it :afro:

Oh yeah, Davis aint going to win. Be nice if he makes the score respectable.

But like you say, at Steve's age, it's good just to see him get to the second round. He'll enjoy being out there, competing with one of the best in the world at the moment.

I'll be honest though. Despite Steve not exactly being Speedy Gonzales... Or even Regular Speed Gonzales on the table, who can honestly say they'd have preferred to see Higgins vs King?