Post a reply

Amateur Order of Merit in conjunction with the European Tour

Postby Wildey

This season during the European tour events Amateur players will receive points based on how far they get in a Event with the top 16 on the EBSA order of merit will play off for 2 spots on the Main tour for 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 Season.

World Snooker has released how the Point structure will work.

World Snooker will produce an Order of Merit to be compiled of points from all 6 European Tour Events.

10 Points will be allocated for each match won in relation to both matches in pre-qualifying stages and Main Event stages.

Where a Player is seeded through to a later round of qualifying and they win their first 'seeded match' they will receive not only the 10 points for that match but also the 10 points per round for each of the rounds that they were seeded through.

Where a Player is seeded through to a later round of qualifying, and they lose their first 'seeded match' they will be allocated 0 points for that match and 0 points for the round(s) that they were seeded through.

Basically

10 Points for every match won and the points will be counted back if a player enters at the 3rd round and wins however if a player loses the first Match they will get no points.

ie player seeded through to Round 3 of Qualifying if they win their match and go through to the last 128 they will get 40 points however if they lose that match they will get zero points.

Re: Amateur Order of Merit in conjunction with the European

Postby TheSaviour

It sounds a pretty good. Basically, I think that all the ranking systems should reward consistency i.e consistently reaching the quarter-finals. That should be rewarded a better and more than getting a one deep run all the way to the final, but previously and after that consistently immediately bowing out from the tournaments.

Some years years ago I think it was a very good and motivating situation when the likes of Stephen Lee, Ronnie O´Sullivan, Stephen Maguire and John Higgins consistently reached at least the quarter-finals. So they became a more and more household names, and snooker overally benefitted.

It´s just not all Barry Hearn that and Barry Hearn that.