Topic locked

Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 23rd~Sunday 29th of June in Wuxi City, China

Neil Robertson snatched victory from the jaws of defeat to get in to the Semi Finals winning 5-4 in a tense decider against Shaun Murphy and it means he is on course for his 10th ranking event and succesfully defend his title and will play Barry Hawkins.

In the other Semi Final Joe Perry looking to reach only his second ranking final 13 years after his first where he lost 9-2 to Stephen Hendry in Malta and he will play Martin Gould in only his second world ranking semi final.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins Robertson leads 6-3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Gould v Joe Perry Gould leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Quarter Finals Discussi

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:What are Martin Gould's chances of winning the whole tournament? Discuss.

I would absolutely love if Gouldy went on to win the tournament, he, along with Jamie Cope and Ryan Day are one of the 3 best ever players never to have won a ranker, so yeah I would be delighted if he did win it.

But something tells me neither he or Perry will win the title, Robbo or Hawkins will prove too strong in the Final.

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Semi Finals Discussion

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I'm back!

I enjoyed my snooker free time very much but now it's time to get back to business :-)

Nice to see Perry and Hull performing well in this tournament after their impressive displays at the Worlds.

The losing Crucible semi finalists also seem to be in good nick.

Gould plays his second career ranking semi final.

I think Joe will take this title. Robbo would be too straight forward, Hawkins already won a title recently and Gould lacks experience and possibly bottle (against Neil) to pull this off.

So Gentleman Joe, this is your chance :-D

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It is the worlds, I guess.

Getting to the final of The Masters, for example, isn't equal to winning a ranking events.

If any tournament is, it's the World Championship.

Stephen Hendry always said Runner up was total failure.

doesn't matter if you lose in World Final or PTC its still failure

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I'd agree with Wild, but in terms of Barry's presence in the consciousness of the general public, it's the World final.

its just indicative of Barry Hawkins being a journeyman prior to that final

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'd agree with Wild, but in terms of Barry's presence in the consciousness of the general public, it's the World final.

Or indicative that most people don't know/care about the Aussie Open.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Or indicative that most people don't know/care about the Aussie Open.

that's their loss i personally think the Aussie Open has one of the best atmosphere on the tour far better than Chinese events because its more intimate and although it holds less people than chinese events it generates more excitement.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Robbo and Hawkins had never met before 2011. :shock:

they played 3 times in championship league before then twice in 2009 and once in 2010 but even so considering Hawkins turned pro in 1996 and Robertson in 1998.