Post a reply

Yixing Open (Asian Tour 1) Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image

Tuesday 17th~Saturday 21st of June in Yixing, China

Kicking off the New season will be the Yixing Open its a Asian Tour event in conjunction with the Wuxi Classic in the Jiangsu province of china.

This week Ding Junhui will be heading the field and it will be a slight consolation to the people of Wuxi having Ding Junhui playing having fail to win his last 128 match in the Wuxi Classic . Also there is defending champion Joe Perry who defeated Mark Selby in the final last year.

John Higgins, Mark Williams, Stephen Maguire and Graeme Dott is also in the draw

So who will be the champion this week ahead of the Wuxi Classic?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Yixing Open (Asian Tour 1) Discussion !!!

Postby roy142857

I've noticed what World Snooker list as 'Round 1' the Chinese have listed as Preliminary Round (yù xuăn lún) and what World Snooker have listed as 'Round 2' the Chinese have listed as 'Round 1' etc. Hopefully they won't get the players confused over this.

World Snooker also perceives some of the players as 'Wild Cards' whereas the Chinese list those players as qualifiers. I may have this wrong, but my understanding is players high enough on the CBSA rankings can just enter, but other Chinese players have a qualifying competition to go through.

Saw that Zhào Xīntóng who is one of their leading young players and plays Dīng Jùnhuī on the first day (round 1 or round 2? Take your pick!) described in an article as being known as 'The Little Chinese Rocket'.

World Snooker have the player the Chinese list as Cuī Hàomín as Chui Homan, not sure why (possible error, or possibly Chinese using Mandarin for a player from a non-Mandarin speaking area)

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:I've noticed what World Snooker list as 'Round 1' the Chinese have listed as Preliminary Round (yù xuăn lún) and what World Snooker have listed as 'Round 2' the Chinese have listed as 'Round 1' etc. Hopefully they won't get the players confused over this.

World Snooker also perceives some of the players as 'Wild Cards' whereas the Chinese list those players as qualifiers. I may have this wrong, but my understanding is players high enough on the CBSA rankings can just enter, but other Chinese players have a qualifying competition to go through.

Saw that Zhào Xīntóng who is one of their leading young players and plays Dīng Jùnhuī on the first day (round 1 or round 2? Take your pick!) described in an article as being known as 'The Little Chinese Rocket'.

World Snooker does not have anything to do with qualifying for these events because in theory anyone can enter hence Sean O'Sullivan is these days a Amateur but he is through to the last 128 no qualifying required.

China obviously has a massive pool of players and it would be unpractical for everyone to play in the tournament so i think they have devised a qualifying route so World Snooker sees them as Wild Cards.

Postby roy142857

Wildey wrote:
China obviously has a massive pool of players and it would be unpractical for everyone to play in the tournament so i think they have devised a qualifying route so World Snooker sees them as Wild Cards.

Funnily enough there's an article on my147.com about this (for once the translation on Google Translate largely makes sense!)

Field should have been 142, there's actually 141.

Players are:

The 48 top ranked Chinese players - this includes 16 players with World Tour cards
37 non-Chinese World Tour players entered
9 non-Chinese amateurs (includes Hong Kong players) (Chui Ho Man, Kobkit Palajin, Alan Ling Tan Ho, Phanuwat Chitdi, Martin O'Donnell, Sean O'Sullivan, Timothy Ng, Paul Ingram, Au Chi Wai aka Ōu Zhìwĕi )
48 qualifiers from the Regional Division Series

Presumably I'm one out either because a Top 48 Chinese player didn't enter, or one of the non-Chinese amateurs plays in China and is ranked.

The number of entries for the Regional Divisions:

Dongguan Division 100
Cixi Division 46
Shanghai Division 101
Suzhou Division 80
Yixing Division 51
Wuhan Division 70

So 448 Regional Division players entered for 48 places, so actual number of players entering Yixing Open is 541 (448+48+37+9-1)

Postby JDM375

Interesting to see some UK based amateurs entering like Sean O'Sullivan, Michael Tomlinson (in Wuxi though) and Paul Ingram. Could be a good way to get/keep a tour card, but the local players often beat fancied European pros.

Does anyone know anything about Ingram, never entered in any PTCs or Q School and goes in for this, guessing he's based in Asia?

Postby roy142857

JDM375 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Ingram, never entered in any PTCs or Q School and goes in for this, guessing he's based in Asia?

He certainly WAS playing in Scotland at least until 2012/13, though I guess he could be out there. In Scotland there's 2 rival governing bodies (I think still the case), Ingram has been one of the leading players in the non-IBSF affiliated one, the Scottish Billiards & Snooker Association. The IBSF (and EBSA) recognised body is Caledonian Snooker Ltd, generally known as Scottish Snooker.

Postby PaulIngram

Hi guys, I'm not based out there, but gave up snooker for a long time but got back into it in 2011/12, and played in Pink Ribbon last week, but couldnt stay with personal commitments, but got through to pro round. Just really enjoyed playing on the STAR tables and I just like the match conditions. Ideally if work permits, I plan to play in 2 or all 4 AT's. Cheers Paul.

Postby Wildey

PaulIngram wrote:Hi guys, I'm not based out there, but gave up snooker for a long time but got back into it in 2011/12, and played in Pink Ribbon last week, but couldnt stay with personal commitments, but got through to pro round. Just really enjoyed playing on the STAR tables and I just like the match conditions. Ideally if work permits, I plan to play in 2 or all 4 AT's. Cheers Paul.

thanks for posting in reply to a member.

hopefully you will contribute more on the site and give us a insight in to the Asian Tour Events.

Postby PaulIngram

Cheers Sonny.

Never used the internet for snooker forums much so just getting into it this week. Great site.

I'll try and explain anything I can as I go.

As for the rounds. Yes all non-CBSA amateurs are placed in "round 2" (in my view) where the professional entrants start from. There is prelims I guess for the round one entrants (CBSA) but I think if you look at the round I am in, it's essentially the Last 128 so with 131 worldwide pros thats the likely round any pro would go in at. So I guess its got more spaces than many other PTC's in eurprope but the reason I chose this Tour is that it works better for my schedule away from snooker, and now there is no more UK PTC's I would need to travel to mainland Europe anyway so whats another 8 hours!! lol
Last edited by PaulIngram on 12 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby roy142857

Thanks for the information Paul. Hope you can give us an insiders view of these competitions!

Interesting that there's a couple of Thai amateurs entered, wondering if they're planning to do all the Asian Tour events to try to get on the Pro Tour.

I know nothing about Phanuwat Chitdi, but Kobkit Palajin is a regular at national events in Thailand, and there's a bit about him on the Snooker Thailand website :

http://www.snookerthailand.net/kobkit-palajin.html

Postby PaulIngram

I made a few mistakes yesterday as I was in a rush, but sure will happily give you my experience good or bad.

I think you'll find where possible UK amateurs who have funds will travel for better conditions and to play at a very credible match level.

Nice to be welcomed.

Postby Wildey

Da Hailin scr Cai Peng w/o

Da Hailin was the second player from china after Guo Hua to play on the main tour back in 2000/2001 (Guo Hua played on the main tour for 3 years between 1995 and 1999)

But despite being on the main tour played in only 3 tournaments winning only 1 match.

Postby Wildey

Ju Reti the only player to win a Professional tournament before he turned pro will be playing his first ever match as a professional against former main tour player Chen Zhe.

Ju Reti appearances has been mostly in Asian Tour events having played in 6 winning 16 Matches that included Asian Tour event 2 champion in 2013 that gave him a place in the Player Tour Championship grand finals in 2014 losing 4-1 to Judd Trump in the last 32.

Only time will tell if Ju Reti will take the 2 year Pro card seriously and make trips to the UK to play in tournaments or his pro career will consist of staying in china and playing Asian Tour events having already not enter Wuxi Classic or Australia Goldfields Open.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 17th of June

3am

Duan Yanfeng v Li Bo
Liu Yiqi v Chui HoMan
Qian Hua v Zhabg Yi
Geng Mingqi v Zhu Zhenjiang
Tu Jiong v Li Tianen
Qin Jianfeng v Liang Jianfeng
Kobkit Palajin v Lin Tang Ho
Liu Ming v Shen Cheng

5.30am

Zhang Yong v Wu Jinquan
Chen Wen v He Guoqiang
Feng Zeyuan v Phanwat Chitdi
Lei Zhen v Qiu Yalong
Cao Kaisheng v Min Changqing
Ahmed Saif scr Cheng Sihong w/o
Ben Woollaston v Li Yujin
Michael Georgiou v Pan Weixing

8am

Jamie Burnett v Xie Zhaoze
Andrew Norman v Zhang Yadong
Zhang Anda v Ma Bing
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Ding Kai
Craig Steadman v Lin Shuai
Fraser Patrick v Chen Junhao
Zhou Yuelong v Liu Jiaming
Chen Zifan v Sean O'Sullivan

12.15pm

Ding Junhui v Zhao Xintong
Ryan Day v Niu Zhuang
Lee Page v Huang Jihao
Guan Zhen v Xu Si
Yu DeLu v Xu Yongwen
Ju Reti v Chen Zhe
Tang Jun v Xia Fukaiti
Yan Bingtao v Li Yunfei

2pm

Jamie Jones v Zong Zhe
Liang Wenbo v Wang Heng
Liu Chuang v Michael Tomlinson
Peter Lines v Yuan SiJun
Li Hang v Si Jiaxin
Sam Baird v Shan Xianshu
Zhong Lin v Long Zehuang

Postby Wildey

Duan Yanfeng 4-3 Li Bo
Liu Yiqi 4-2 Chui HoMan
Qian Hua 3-4 Zhabg Yi
Geng Mingqi 4-2 Zhu Zhenjiang
Tu Jiong 4-3 Li Tianen
Qin Jianfeng 3-3 Liang Jianfeng
Kobkit Palajin 4-2 Lin Tang Ho
Liu Ming 4-1 Shen Cheng
Zhang Yong 1-1 Wu Jinquan
Chen Wen 2-1 He Guoqiang
Feng Zeyuan 4-0 Phanwat Chitdi
Lei Zhen 2-0 Qiu Yalong
Cao Kaisheng 1-0 Min Changqing
Ben Woollaston 4-2 Li Yujin
Michael Georgiou 2-0 Pan Weixing

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 17th of June

3am

Duan Yanfeng 4-3 Li Bo
Liu Yiqi 4-2 Chui HoMan
Qian Hua 3-4 Zhabg Yi
Geng Mingqi 4-2 Zhu Zhenjiang
Tu Jiong 4-3 Li Tianen
Qin Jianfeng 4-3 Liang Jianfeng
Kobkit Palajin 4-2 Lin Tang Ho
Liu Ming 4-1 Shen Cheng

5.30am

Zhang Yong 2-2 Wu Jinquan
Chen Wen 3-2 He Guoqiang
Lei Zhen 3-1 Qiu Yalong
Cao Kaisheng 1-1 Min Changqing
Michael Georgiou 3-0 Pan Weixing

8am

Jamie Burnett v Xie Zhaoze
Andrew Norman v Zhang Yadong
Zhang Anda v Ma Bing
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Ding Kai
Craig Steadman v Lin Shuai
Fraser Patrick v Chen Junhao
Zhou Yuelong v Liu Jiaming
Chen Zifan v Sean O'Sullivan

12.15pm

Ryan Day v Niu Zhuang
Lee Page v Huang Jihao
Guan Zhen v Xu Si
Yu DeLu v Xu Yongwen
Ju Reti v Chen Zhe
Tang Jun v Xia Fukaiti
Yan Bingtao v Li Yunfei

2pm

Jamie Jones v Zong Zhe
Liang Wenbo v Wang Heng
Peter Lines v Yuan SiJun
Li Hang v Si Jiaxin
Sam Baird v Shan Xianshu
Zhong Lin v Long Zehuang

Postby Wildey

Zhang Yong 4-2 Wu Jinquan
Chen Wen 4-2 He Guoqiang
Lei Zhen 4-1 Qiu Yalong
Cao Kaisheng 2-1 Min Changqing
Michael Georgiou 4-1 Pan Weixing
Jamie Burnett 2-0 Xie Zhaoze
Andrew Norman 0-0 Zhang Yadong
Zhang Anda 1-1 Ma Bing
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 1-0 Ding Kai
Fraser Patrick 0-1 Chen Junhao
Zhou Yuelong 0-0 Liu Jiaming
Chen Zifan 0-0 Sean O'Sullivan

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 17th of June

5.30am

Zhang Yong 4-2 Wu Jinquan
Chen Wen 4-2 He Guoqiang
Lei Zhen 4-1 Qiu Yalong
Cao Kaisheng 4-1 Min Changqing
Michael Georgiou 4-1 Pan Weixing

8am

Jamie Burnett 4-0 Xie Zhaoze
Andrew Norman 3-0 Zhang Yadong
Zhang Anda 3-1 Ma Bing
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 2-1 Ding Kai
Craig Steadman 0-0 Lin Shuai
Fraser Patrick 2-1 Chen Junhao
Zhou Yuelong 2-0 Liu Jiaming
Chen Zifan 1-1 Sean O'Sullivan

12.15pm

Ryan Day v Niu Zhuang
Lee Page v Huang Jihao
Guan Zhen v Xu Si
Yu DeLu v Xu Yongwen
Ju Reti v Chen Zhe
Tang Jun v Xia Fukaiti
Yan Bingtao v Li Yunfei

2pm

Jamie Jones v Zong Zhe
Liang Wenbo v Wang Heng
Peter Lines v Yuan SiJun
Li Hang v Si Jiaxin
Sam Baird v Shan Xianshu
Zhong Lin v Long Zehuang

Postby Wildey

Andrew Norman 3-1 Zhang Yadong
Zhang Anda 4-1 Ma Bing
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-1 Ding Kai
Craig Steadman 1-0 Lin Shuai
Fraser Patrick 4-1 Chen Junhao
Zhou Yuelong 2-1 Liu Jiaming
Chen Zifan 1-3 Sean O'Sullivan

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Ding Junhui v Zhao Xintong

Anybody know anything about Zhao Xintong? Any good?

He was Runner up to New pro Zhou Yuelong in the World Amataur last year and as a wild card he has reached the last 16 of the International Championship last year beating Steve Davis 6-1, Craig Steadman 6-2 and Barry Hawkins 6-1 before losing 6-2 to Marco Fu

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ding Junhui v Zhao Xintong

Anybody know anything about Zhao Xintong? Any good?

He was Runner up to New pro Zhou Yuelong in the World Amataur last year and as a wild card he has reached the last 16 of the International Championship last year beating Steve Davis 6-1, Craig Steadman 6-2 and Barry Hawkins 6-1 before losing 6-2 to Marco Fu

You'd think I'd remember that, don't you? <laugh> He beat some big names there. Witz will be on in a minute to tell me I should change my name from SnookerFan. :emb:

That's one (relatively small) downside to the wealth of tournaments these days. Sometimes a lesser known player can come in, have a decent run in a tournament and it passes you by a bit. That or you just forget about it.

Let's hope he can give Ding a game. :hatoff: