Topic locked

Ali Carter has Lung Cancer

Postby Wildey

It is with regret that World Snooker announces that world number 13 Ali Carter has been diagnosed with a form of lung cancer‎. Over the next few months Carter will be facing an intensive course of chemotherapy. The 34-year-old from Chelmsford battled testicular cancer last year.

Full Story http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 13,00.html

Re: Ali Carter has Lung Cancer

Postby Wildey

My dad died last year at the age of 72 (Heart attack) i miss him every day but its a comfort he never suffered in all thoes 72 years only once in hospital with Gallstones and that was only about 10 years ago and hardly lost any time off work in 50 years he retired at the age of 69.

And Ali Carter the things hes been through in his 34 years is just cruel Crohn's disease, Testicular and now Lung Cancer.

Hope to god he has enough fight to beat this bastard thing again.

Postby Roland

It's truly shocking news. I had the pleasure of having a couple of drinks with Ali at the Crucible last month just before he played Selby and he's a good bloke. He's been through so much with illness over the years which has been well documented, this takes the biscuit though. Really hope for a speedy recovery and that he's back playing again asap.

Postby Holden Chinaski

My god, I can not believe this. After all the trouble Ali has had in his life now this? Unbelievable. I hope he will fight this and win.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I have a lot of respect for Ali. Despite all the health issues he's had in his life he still managed to win three ranking titles and fought his way into two world championship finals. He must be a hard worker and a fighter.

Get well soon Ali!

Postby LukeB

I'm so sad for him, it's just terrible and unfair.

Best of luck Captain.

Postby vodkadiet

Lung cancer is a lot more serious than testicular cancer. However, Doug Mountjoy survived it, and he was a chain smoker. Conversely, my grandmother never smoked in her life, and died within a year of diagnosis.

Postby vodkadiet

Does anyone know the prognosis of Carter's lung cancer? I cannot find anything on Google.

Postby Andy Spark

I hope Ali remains strong. Like all snooker fans, I wish him the best of luck with his chemotherapy.

Postby Jester82

Lung cancer diagnosis is atrocious. I do hope he battles and survives!

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ali Carter ‏@TheCaptain147 I will be on @talkSPORT with @andygoldstein05 tomorrow night telling my story and my planned return back to snooker!

Postby vodkadiet

I don't like it when people talk about 'beating cancer'. You don't beat cancer, or lose to cancer, it is just a matter of luck.

Postby Andre147

fridge46 wrote:All Clear

Great news indeed :-)

Hopefully he will start winning some matches soon and not solely rely on his frozen raking for Crucible place.

Postby vodkadiet

I am tired of hearing about Carter's updates about his latest condition. He acts like he is the only person to ever be struck with a serious illness.

Postby The Cueist

vodkadiet wrote:I am tired of hearing about Carter's updates about his latest condition. He acts like he is the only person to ever be struck with a serious illness.

I think it is great news that Ali Carter has been given
the 'All Clear ' in his battle with cancer .

He also has to live with Crohns disease which can't be easy and two bouts of cancer on top.

Must have been very anxious tiimes for Ali these past few years.

I respect Ali Carter as a player and he has been through a lot.
I hope he gets back to his best.

I don't think he ever looked for sympathy as he is quite a tough minded character and it shows .
He has veaten cancer twice and dealt with his situation the best way he could.