Post a reply

Your favourite other sports - POLL

American Sports (Baseball, Ice Hockey, Basketball, NFL etc)
4%
Athletics
7%
Boxing
1%
Cricket
7%
Cuesports other than snooker (Pool, Billiard, 3 cushion etc)
4%
Cycling
3%
Darts
11%
Football
18%
Formula 1
6%
Golf
11%
Horse Racing
2%
Motorsports other than F1 (Moto GP, Touring Cars, Superbikes, Indy Car, Nascar etc)
2%
Rugby League
No votes
Rugby Union
2%
Tennis
15%
UFC / MMA / Karate / Judo etc
1%
Watersports (Sailing, Rowing, Swimming, Surfing etc)
1%
Winter Sports (Ski-ing, Snowboarding etc)
2%
Wrestling (WWE, Sumo etc)
3%
OTHER SPORTS (please state)
2%

Total votes : 104

Re: Your favourite other sports - POLL

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:Is it about sports we like to watch or sports we like to? coz my list would be completely different.

like to..........play?

its sports you like whether play or just watch, probably bulk of people are just watchers though

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:Is it about sports we like to watch or sports we like to? coz my list would be completely different.

like to..........play?

its sports you like whether play or just watch, probably bulk of people are just watchers though

OK then…

Sports I like to do: hiking, swimming, kayaking, cue sports (snooker, carambole, 3-cushions, 8-balls even if I'm dire at them), archery.
Sports I like to watch: cue sports (all), gymnastic, ice skating (dancing), darts, bowls.

Postby SnookerFan

I do watch football, and go to live games sometimes. But I wouldn't say it was amongst the favourite sports I watch. Watch Rugby Union, but only when England are playing.

I'll pick one, and it's boxing.

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

like to..........play?

OK then…

Sports I like to do: hiking, swimming, kayaking, cue sports (snooker, carambole, 3-cushions, 8-balls even if I'm dire at them), archery.
Sports I like to watch: cue sports (all), gymnastic, ice skating (dancing), darts, bowls.

rofl

Postby roy142857

oh well put in 4 and forgot about Ice Skating, to be honest that's my other halfs favourite sport, but often end up watching with her, and the athleticism is something else. And it has one thing similar to snooker - the mind aspect when they make a mistake, does it affect the rest of the performance negatively, or in some cases, make someone pull something out of the bag, throwing in jumps where they weren't originally planned to be etc

(Anyone else find Biathlon fascinating? The combination of having to ski and shoot, and the mental aspect of it ... just love that, watch it when it's on but most of the time can't remember competitors names!)

And I follow non-league football (local leagues in Kent and Humber Premier League, plus watching some Blue Square on Premier Sports) but didn't put football as a favourite either.

Went for 'American Sports' although basketball, ice hockey, baseball not really my thing, but like American Football, but especially the College version - just think it means less in the NFL, players play for the team that pays most, with Collegeball they're playing for their College, and masses of students, ex-students and locals in attendance, was already interested but absolutely hooked after seeing a Georgia Tech game on honeymoon. Oh and do sometimes watch the college basketball during March Madness.

Love cycling and athletics, though the drug stuff has put me off the former a lot and the latter a bit (drives me crazy when they let a drug parakeet back in after 2 years, but the Contador thing has me irritated the other way, if he was on drugs rather than it being an accident I don't see how he was clean on the tests on other days of the Tour. And the amount is laughable, a performance enhancing drug in quantities too small to enhance a performance). I found the athletics live is now less good than it used to be - numbers helped when watching races, could work out which athlete was which, but we really struggled at the Crystal Palace as they now have their names instead of numbers, which television likes - but could read numbers in the past from the stands, struggled to make out names on their vests though, rather spoilt it for me and haven't been since. I'll cheerfully watch swimming races and triathlons too.

Love motor racing too, but not particularly F1 - too little over-taking, like watching Nascar, and the best of the club formulas in the UK (Ginetta and Radical sports car series, Formula Ford) .

So that's probably 2 sports ahead of snooker for me (American College Football and Motor Racing), and a whole bundle just behind snooker ...