Topic locked

Pink Ribbon Pro am 2014

Postby Wildey

Any Budding Snooker players out there who want to pit their skills against some of the best players in the world if so then The Capital Venue Gloucester is the place to be between 4th and 8th of June

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Re: Pink Ribbon Pro am 2014

Postby paul.mount@onqpromotions.co.uk

All 13 tables will be recovered on 29th May so the cloth will only be 5 days old for the first players in the Pink Ribbon.

On a non tournament note I was proud to be invited to the House of Lords earlier this week to be thanked by Baroness Warwick of Undercliffe and a host of other VIP's for the awarness campaign and fundraising we have done at the SWSA which is obviously spearheaded by the Pink Ribbon Tournament.

It was great to meet many of the professors etc that are involved in the research to eradicate breast cancer and to learn more of the work being caried out to cure and care for breast cancer sufferers.

Thanks to everyone that supports the Pink Ribbon and other fund raising activities we run at SWSA. Every entry and every contribution helps.

Postby Roland

Congratulations on the recognition in the House of Lords, Paul. It's very well deserved.

Information on the Pink Ribbon event:

To take place between Wednesday 4th and Sunday 8th June 2014. Amateur rounds Wednesday - Friday with the 32 professionals entering at the weekend. Your chance to play a professional!

Entries £25 per entry, amateurs can have 2 entries. Deadline for entries Monday 19th May 2014. To enter visit here http://www.swsashop.com/swsatournaments/PinkRibbonProAm

Hotel Accommodation:

SWSA have negotiated a deal with the Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South during the dates of 3rd - 8th June. Discounted Room rates are £55.00 per Room per night (including Breakfast & WiFi).

This rate is only available until the room allocation of 40 rooms has been fulfilled. Please ring the Holiday Inn Express Gloucester Direct on 01452 726400 and quote SO9

The South West Snooker Academy offers the finest level of equipment and playing environment with Star tables, Pro 1G Aramith balls, Strachan No10 cloth and perfect match conditions.

Having played on these tables at this facility I can say they are the best conditions I've ever experienced for a game of snooker and highly recommend it to anyone considering entering. If you've never played on the tables you see the professionals play on then this is your chance, and trust me you will get a new appreciation of how tough they are. If you are playing well they are a dream, if you are struggling they are a nightmare! Shots along the cushions and to middles from angles are so much more difficult than club tables most of you will be used to playing on. It will show you why the shots you think you can get are the ones turned down or missed by the best players in the world! It will also show you that on proper match tables to play well you must stroke the ball and not hit it, you can trust the white to run true so if you miss, it's your aim that's wrong not the table.

It goes without saying as well that the event raises a lot of cash for the Pink Ribbon charity so all your entries fees will be going to a good cause.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:Any Budding Snooker players out there who want to pit their skills against some of the best players in the world if so then The Capital Venue Gloucester is the place to be between 4th and 8th of June

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Are you playing Wild? I want to see you and Sonny play each other. Hopefully Eurosport could screen it!

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Wildey wrote:Any Budding Snooker players out there who want to pit their skills against some of the best players in the world if so then The Capital Venue Gloucester is the place to be between 4th and 8th of June

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Are you playing Wild? I want to see you and Sonny play each other. Hopefully Eurosport could screen it!

<laugh>

Postby paul.mount@onqpromotions.co.uk

I'm pleased to say we have just under 380 entries for this years Pink Ribbon Tournament and we have a waiting list for anyone that missed the closing date and the chance to take up one of the 12 spare places we kept to mop up any misplaced or slightly late entries. The number of Pros has been limited to 32.

It will be a bumper year for our charity. As 100% of the entry fees go to the Breast Cancer Campaign charity they are already guaranteed £9,500

There will be a special competition held throughout the week to boost the charity fund. £2 to enter a speed trial on this years World Championship Final table which I have hired for use in the Arena. Special prize which will be announced to participants during the opening ceremony.

Thanks to every single person that has entered. I hope you all have as much fun as we have in the four previous years.