Post a reply

Will the money list help established players ?

Postby GJ

Will more top names now start to use the Ronnie method and prioritise the big events.

With the points system alot of them were reluctant to but with the new money list surely its the smart move.

I think the new system gives the big names a chance to stay at the top for longer.

Re: Will the money list help established players ?

Postby freakmoomin

Yeah I'm a bit baffled by it to be honest.

Adding all the PTC's etc and rolling rankings was meant to help the younger players come through....but the new ranking system seems to be the complete opposite and helps the established players more than the original system ever did.

The new ranking system and the news about Hendry and Davis wildcards says to me that snooker is in trouble.......hearn's decisions recently seem to be the exact opposite of his stance when he first took over.

I dont really get it all.

Postby Blavdes

I definitely think so too. Robertson though in his post match conference after the semi was scathing of the new system saying there's no WN1 anymore it's just money and too heavily weighted to the Worlds.

Postby GJ

The golf system appears the best imo

1year money list

And 2year world ranking points system

Postby vodkadiet

I think they should use the same system they use in tennis, where they take the points from the player's best 18 events. In snooker it could be 14.

Postby snooky147

vodkadiet wrote:I think they should use the same system they use in tennis, where they take the points from the player's best 18 events. In snooker it could be 14.

I agree with that too. It's a far fairer way to work, not that Hearn cares in the least about fairness.

Postby vodkadiet

snooky147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think they should use the same system they use in tennis, where they take the points from the player's best 18 events. In snooker it could be 14.

I agree with that too. It's a far fairer way to work, not that Hearn cares in the least about fairness.

With Hearn it's all about making money, hence the nickname Barry 'Earn.