Post a reply

Postby GJ

Last edited by GJ on 02 May 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Doherty v Hunter World semi 2003

Postby vodkadiet

Hunter was 15-9 up, Doherty applied pressure by winning a couple of frames, and Hunter collapsed.

Postby PLtheRef

I had a ticket for the final session and being really disappointed that the score was 15-9 (as it was the first of now 10 semi-finals at the Crucible).

The crowd were 60-40 rooting for Paul but there was hoping that Ken would get some frames back.

As Ken pulled back frame after frame it just seemed strange. There was a huge cheer when it went 15-13 but it was only when it went 15-14 that people genuinely fancied Ken to win it.

I remember the fluke on the blue on frame ball as clear as yesterday as it felt almost Pauls real chance at getting to the final.

When it was 16-16 it was the tensest I have ever seen the Crucible. On the one hand people were pulling for Paul as the local boy. On the other people didnt want the fightback from Ken to be in vain.

It remains the most remarkable final session of any match I have seen live and even now 11 years to the very day it remains one of my all time favourite World Championship matches.

Amazingly I have seen two Crucible semis which have been 15-9 going into the last session. Both of which going to the 33rd frame.

Postby GJ

Cheers pad great feedback :hatoff: