Poll ended at 17 Apr 2010

Allister Carter
50%
Jamie Cope
50%

Total votes : 4

World Championships 2010 R1: Carter vs Cope

Postby Bourne

One of the more eye-catching matches of the round here, arguably one of the tour's overachievers against the underachiever.

Carter has form in Sheffield, a stunning run to the final 2 years ago featured his first career 147 before he ran out of steam against O'Sullivan in the final. In the last couple of years, he's been Mr Consistency - you've struggled to see a quarter or a semi-final of a ranking tournament and not seen Ali Carter's name, and just over a year ago he won his first ranking title in Wales. His form is good, only a final defeat to Higgins in Newport and a loss to the champion again in China, Mark Williams, and one would imagine his confidence would be high.

Jamie Cope on the other hand continues to flatter to deceive, yet to break into the top 16 despite undoubted talent and potting ability. His form isn't that bad on first viewing - beating Ding in Newport, winning his Championship League group, but a round-one defeat to Williams in China halted his form.

Both have realistic ambitions to do well in this tournament, though one would suggest that if either was lifting the trophy on Bank Holiday Monday, it would be a surprise. But on their day, they produce some top class snooker and if we see both on 'their day' on Sunday 18 April and a day later to conclude, then we are in for a treat. How do you see it going ?
Last edited by Bourne on 15 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: World Championships 2010 R1: Carter vs Cope

Postby SnookerFan

To be honest, I don't know why anybody is that psyched about this match, and I've got tickets to see it. I never really like Ali Carter, and only really picked up tickets to make up a fourth match. I didn't exactly jump for joy when Jamie Cope was pikced as a qualifier. I was hoping for a Liang, or a Ken Doherty type.

Maybe just me... I tend to find Ali Carter has less charisma then a dead fish.