Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Skullman

Here's a pattern, three times Mavis has lost at the Crucible, the player who beat him went on to lose to Ronnie O'Sullivan (who incidentally went to win the title that year), Bingo in 2013, Carter in 2012 and MJW in 2008.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:SO

Indeed will wasley have the classic letdown performance and can dom keep playing well.

No Wasley will be like White and Jones were the previous 2 years, in the quarter-finals thats when his run may come to an end at the hands of Hawkins possibly.

Postby randam05

That was a quality session from Dale, played very well. At one point I thought he might only lead 5-4 from 5-1 up but two great frames at the end there pleased for him, hope he wont bottle it tomorrow, Davis will come out going for it and Dale might try to protect his lead too much.

Would love a wasley dale second round! But yes, the winner will lose to barry in quarter.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 WC wrote:That was a quality session from Dale, played very well. At one point I thought he might only lead 5-4 from 5-1 up but two great frames at the end there pleased for him, hope he wont bottle it tomorrow, Davis will come out going for it and Dale might try to protect his lead too much.

Would love a wasley dale second round! But yes, the winner will lose to barry in quarter.

You must be pretty happy at the moment. Dale won a title this season and is just 3 frames away from a Crucible win! Not bad for the Spaceman :hatoff:

Postby randam05

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 WC wrote:That was a quality session from Dale, played very well. At one point I thought he might only lead 5-4 from 5-1 up but two great frames at the end there pleased for him, hope he wont bottle it tomorrow, Davis will come out going for it and Dale might try to protect his lead too much.

You must be pretty happy at the moment. Dale won a title this season and is just 3 frames away from a Crucible win! Not bad for the Spaceman :hatoff:

Over the moon! Finally had a half decent draw at crucible though after drawing Ronnie, Trump, Trump last 3 years so was due a nicer match. Still tough though and had to play decent stuff for the lead.

Postby mantorok

Skullman wrote:Here's a pattern, three times Mavis has lost at the Crucible, the player who beat him went on to lose to Ronnie O'Sullivan (who incidentally went to win the title that year), Bingo in 2013, Carter in 2012 and MJW in 2008.

You are the pattern master my man :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 WC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Over the moon! Finally had a half decent draw at crucible though after drawing Ronnie, Trump, Trump last 3 years so was due a nicer match. Still tough though and had to play decent stuff for the lead.

<laugh>

It's not just that he's leading, he's playing great stuff and looked the much stronger player of the 2. You don't have to worry too much, Dom won't let this one slip. And he has a great chance of even reaching the quarter finals!

Postby randam05

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 WC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

<laugh>

It's not just that he's leading, he's playing great stuff and looked the much stronger player of the 2. You don't have to worry too much, Dom won't let this one slip. And he has a great chance of even reaching the quarter finals!

Cheers snookeroverdrive! He is playing great stuff!

Yeah he shouldnt let it slip, but you never know. Quarter finals wouldnt that be something! Would be a tough quarter final to win though and even tougher semi lol. Lets not get carried away.

Postby PLtheRef

DAY FIVE TABLE - 14/31 Matches played

84 RANDAM05 WC 11 - 3
80 WILDEY 10 - 4
76 JMAL1 10 - 3
76 SLOWJOE 10 - 2
76 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 10 - 1
74 SAVOMILOSEVIC 11 - 0
74 ALEX0PAUL 10 - 2
74 SUNDAYGIRL 10 - 2
74 THECLEAVER 10 - 1
73 HOLDENCHINASKI 9 - 4
70 CLOUD STRIFE 10 - 1
70 DRLOG147 10 - 1
66 MEDHI99 10 - 1
66 SKULLMAN 9 - 2
64 ANDRE147 9 - 1
64 JADECHELSEA 8 - 2
62 GJ 8 - 3
62 SMART 8 - 2
58 KOLOMPAR 8 - 2
58 AYRSHIREBHOY 8 - 0
58 CONORS9 8 - 0
58 PLTHEREF 8 - 0
56 NICE_SHOES_KEN 8 - 1
56 JDM375 8 - 1
56 SNOOKY147 7 - 3
54 GNOMY 8 - 0
52 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 7 - 1
50 AC OR LT? 6 - 2
44 VODKADIET 7 - 0

Maximum score 148

Postby Andre147

Dom is a class player and a real character, so I wish him all the best really, and yeah he won't bottle this match.

Against Wasley, well before those legends wildcards were anounced today I wanted him to reach the quarters as that would mean Jimmy would drop off the tour, but now he'll get a wildcard so :td: But I won't bother too much who wins that one, the young prospect who knocked Ding out or one of our best characters in the game.

Postby PLtheRef

The year Dominic got to the quarter-finals he defeated the Number 13 seed in the first round before defeating a youngster who's shocked the number 4 seed with a 10-9 win in the first round.

14 years later and Dominic you would believe is pretty much certain to defeat the Number 13 seed in the first round and for a quarter-final place will face a youngster who has shocked the number 4 seed with a 10-9 win in the first round.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:The year Dominic got to the quarter-finals he defeated the Number 13 seed in the first round before defeating a youngster who's shocked the number 4 seed with a 10-9 win in the first round.

14 years later and Dominic you would believe is pretty much certain to defeat the Number 13 seed in the first round and for a quarter-final place will face a youngster who has shocked the number 4 seed with a 10-9 win in the first round.

REALLY? :shock: Hadn't noticed that PL, I mean such a HUGE COINCIDENCE right there, unbelivable really. :hatoff:

Postby randam05

That's unbelievable really is! There's a pattern for you. He won't be beating wasley 13-1 this time round that's for sure.

Anyone got any stats for that 13-1 thrashing of David Gray? Iccan't imagine how that would work! Did dale play awesome? Also how many other times has a 13-1 been achieved? I'm assuming a 13-0 definitely hasn't happened.

Postby randam05

PLtheRef wrote:DAY FIVE TABLE - 14/31 Matches played

84 RANDAM05 WC 11 - 3
80 WILDEY 10 - 4
76 JMAL1 10 - 3
76 SLOWJOE 10 - 2
76 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 10 - 1
74 SAVOMILOSEVIC 11 - 0
74 ALEX0PAUL 10 - 2
74 SUNDAYGIRL 10 - 2
74 THECLEAVER 10 - 1
73 HOLDENCHINASKI 9 - 4
70 CLOUD STRIFE 10 - 1
70 DRLOG147 10 - 1
66 MEDHI99 10 - 1
66 SKULLMAN 9 - 2
64 ANDRE147 9 - 1
64 JADECHELSEA 8 - 2
62 GJ 8 - 3
62 SMART 8 - 2
58 KOLOMPAR 8 - 2
58 AYRSHIREBHOY 8 - 0
58 CONORS9 8 - 0
58 PLTHEREF 8 - 0
56 NICE_SHOES_KEN 8 - 1
56 JDM375 8 - 1
56 SNOOKY147 7 - 3
54 GNOMY 8 - 0
52 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 7 - 1
50 AC OR LT? 6 - 2
44 VODKADIET 7 - 0

Maximum score 148

what! Where did I come from? Wow I was near bottom when I last checked. Battle on wildly!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 WC wrote:That's unbelievable really is! There's a pattern for you. He won't be beating wasley 13-1 this time round that's for sure.

Anyone got any stats for that 13-1 thrashing of David Gray? Iccan't imagine how that would work! Did dale play awesome? Also how many other times has a 13-1 been achieved? I'm assuming a 13-0 definitely hasn't happened.

Williams won 13 frames in a row against Quinten Hann in 2003 but he only won 13-2.

Postby Andre147

randam05 WC wrote:That's unbelievable really is! There's a pattern for you. He won't be beating wasley 13-1 this time round that's for sure.

Match scores for you, courtesy of CueTracker:

Dominic Dale 13-1 David Gray

Scores: 86(52)-52; 116(32,40)-21; 103(103)-7; 100(48,52)-1; 77(44)-5; 0-94(82); 85(37)-32; 93(93)-0; 100(100)-0; 62-15; 61-23; 70(54)-1; 71(42)-22; 101(101)-15
Centuries: Dale: 103, 100, 101,
Referee: Graham Harding

Postby PLtheRef

For nostalgia, Dale's first round match against Ebdon was the first match I ever saw live.

Regarding the game against Gray. Of the two its fair to say Dominic was the better player. Three centuries and 4 50s as well. Gray's only break over 30 was an 82 in the frame he won. Dale led 7-1 overnight before completing the 13-1 win on Friday afternoon.. It was the first of the second round matches to finishing (beating Williams v Drew Henry which was due to finish first (on the Friday night)

Dominic outpointed Gray 1,125 - 288 in the match too..

Where the similarities end is that Dominic also played a qualifier in the quarter-finals, whereas this time if he does reach the last eight, such an eventuality cannot stand.

13-0's never happened, the only whitewash being Parrott winning 10-0 against Charlton in 1992 - 13-1s on the otherhand have occurred 4 times. Dale against Gray, Davis against Hallett, Foulds against Mountjoy (both in 1988 so the season before Doug won the UKs and Parrott against Knowles in 1991

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Williams won 13 frames in a row against Quinten Hann in 2003 but he only won 13-2.

ONLY being the operative word there

Postby Skullman

About 13-1s in general, there have been three other occurrences of that scoreline, all in last 16s as well.

John Parrott 13-1 Tony Knowles 1991
Steve Davis 13-1 Mike Hallett 1988
neal Foulds 13-1 Doug Mountjoy 1988