Post a reply

Re: Graeme Dott 2014

Postby Skullman

Good interview. Dotty doesn't pull any punches does he (except for players with crap cue actions)? I bet whoever thought to ask him about the flat 128 is glad they did :john:

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Nice interview, I think Graeme will be a great coach with his tactical nous and reading of the game. Hope to see him bring up the next Stephen Hendry one day!

Postby Roland

And it's just been confirmed that his match against Kyren will not be streamed!

Postby Skullman

To the surprise of no one. At least it wasn't Doherty's match they overlooked him for...

Postby snooky147

Cant say I'm surprised. I said yesterday they would not bother to stream it.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Cant say I'm surprised. I said yesterday they would not bother to stream it.

most times im not surprised that they leave out Graeme from stream however this time im shocked that they have done that.

Mark Williams v Alan McManus a Great match 15 years ago but both are Past it so they should highlight new players and a battle of generations has always been exciting to watch. so a match between Graeme Dott and Kyren Wilson ticks all the boxes.

Least said about Stevens v Ford the better

Postby Wildey

I want to pick up on this

I genuinely don’t know much about it, I just know that if I was in the (top) 16… in fact while I’m already in a ranting mood I may as well moan about the China ranking points not counting which I think is just unbelievable! I honestly found it unbelievable that the ranking points for China didn’t count for the cut off for the World.

Obviously no bias there as you would’ve gone straight through to the Crucible.

Of course I would! But I knew that before it started. Once I saw that a lot of people had lost in the China in qualifying I was looking and thinking “Well that’s quite good, he’s above me in the rankings” and then I find that it doesn’t count! Can you tell me why it doesn’t count? It counted last year! And that’s probably why so many players decided not to go, because they didn’t need to go! The tournament then was just a tournament, it meant nothing in the rankings.

Had the Ranking points for the china open counted Graeme would have been 17th and still had to Qualify http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 508,00.pdf

when you said "Obviously no bias there as you would’ve gone straight through to the Crucible." you was thinking of the projected seedings which meant Graeme was 13th but it wouldn't counted until after the crucible had points rankings carried on http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/ ... eedings-2/

Postby Roland

Yes we know he was wrong but he has a good grumble

Postby Wildey

that was a very balanced interview from graeme the only point id disagree that in the last 5 years the standards has gone up....

I believe by taking more time on important safety shots Graeme would improve another notch and get back in to the top 8.

The way hes talking makes you think he believes Barry Hawkins, Stuart Bingham or Mark Davis is better players now than he was in 2006.

Postby snooky147

Wildey wrote:I believe by taking more time on important safety shots Graeme would improve another notch and get back in to the top 8.

Well mate, You and I actually agree on that point. :-D