Post a reply

Re: John Parrott wants a Sheffield player at The Crucible

Postby PLtheRef

If Walker or Duffy qualified then it'd be a great boost for the city in terms of the competition. Adam brings large contingencies to the qualies so if he made it to the Crucible he'd certainly bring some support. I wonder whether Joel would be more likely to make it though given recent form. Few Sheffielders in the qualifiers this year

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:If Walker or Duffy qualified then it'd be a great boost for the city in terms of the competition. Adam brings large contingencies to the qualies so if he made it to the Crucible he'd certainly bring some support. I wonder whether Joel would be more likely to make it though given recent form. Few Sheffielders in the qualifiers this year

Changing the subject slightly, I remember in 2007, I was at the Matthew Stevens vs Joe Delaney first round match. It was a big deal for Delaney making The Crucible, and he had got a lot of his friends and family in the crowd.

I didn't realise this, as I never purchase those earpieces. Why pay money to listen to commentators who annoy me when I'm watching at home? <laugh> No disrespect to Delaney, but I wasn't quite expecting him to get the standing ovation he received. I sat there baffled whilst the rest of the Crucible was giving it; "Come on Joe." :emb:

Postby hitman_ronnie1

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:If Walker or Duffy qualified then it'd be a great boost for the city in terms of the competition. Adam brings large contingencies to the qualies so if he made it to the Crucible he'd certainly bring some support. I wonder whether Joel would be more likely to make it though given recent form. Few Sheffielders in the qualifiers this year

Changing the subject slightly, I remember in 2007, I was at the Matthew Stevens vs Joe Delaney first round match. It was a big deal for Delaney making The Crucible, and he had got a lot of his friends and family in the crowd.

I didn't realise this, as I never purchase those earpieces. Why pay money to listen to commentators who annoy me when I'm watching at home? <laugh> No disrespect to Delaney, but I wasn't quite expecting him to get the standing ovation he received. I sat there baffled whilst the rest of the Crucible was giving it; "Come on Joe." :emb:

further proof of ya tight git status. :john: