Topic locked

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion!

Postby Skullman

Conflicted who I'd want to win in that semi. If Robbo won, it'd be a chance for Selby to get a win over Robbo, which he hasn't done since that Masters final. If Carter won, well he's due a win, and it gives Selby a chance to get in his head before Sheffield.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:Robertson killing himself this week is doing him no favours whatsoever

Its all about circumstances , robbo was lacking confidence coming in to this week so an early exit would have damaged his confidence levels.

Its his first semi since the UK so he can't be burnout for Sheffield.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Robertson killing himself this week is doing him no favours whatsoever

Rubbish

Winning Matches when hes feeling rubbish is confidence boosting.

Postby Holden Chinaski

When the camera showed Selby's gripping hand while on the shot, you could see his gripping hand shaking like mad.
I knew he moves his head from left to right when down on the shot, but it seems his whole body is shaking...
Wonder if its nerves or a physical condition he has? Surprised he can pot a ball like that.

Postby Andre147

rofl :wave: rofl

Basically you're happy Dotty lost because that improves his chances of suceding at the World qualifiers and Worlds itself if he reaches that far, right? rofl
Last edited by Andre147 on 04 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding vs Robbo
Ding vs Carter
Selby vs Robbo
Selby vs Carter

All of those would be good finals. If it was up to me, I would probably pick Ding vs Robbo.

If it was up to me I'd pick Dunn v Carter :-D

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Win or lose v Carter its been a good week for robbo and his game has been sharpened up for Sheffield.

Yes definately agree GJ.

He's match sharp now, won tight matches and those are the ones that improve your confidence the most if you win them.

For me he is 2nd favourite for the Crucible, behind only... :-D

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:Win or lose v Carter its been a good week for robbo and his game has been sharpened up for Sheffield.

Yes definately agree GJ.

He's match sharp now, won tight matches and those are the ones that improve your confidence the most if you win them.

Mavis?

Postby Wildey

i think this years World Championship is the most closed for best part of 20 years only Ronnie, Robertson and Selby are in with a shout because only Robertson and Selby can stop Ronnie

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:i think this years World Championship is the most closed for best part of 20 years only Ronnie, Robertson and Selby are in with a shout because only Robertson and Selby can stop Ronnie

I would add Trump to that list because if he starts well against Ronnie he would be very dangerous, but both would have to reach the Final.

But I agree, those 2 are the most dangerous for Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yes definately agree GJ.

Mavis?

Yeah rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:i think this years World Championship is the most closed for best part of 20 years only Ronnie, Robertson and Selby are in with a shout because only Robertson and Selby can stop Ronnie

It doesn't work that way. Ronnie might lose to Fu in the quarters and then Ding surely has a better chance than Selby to win the title for example.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It doesn't work that way. Ronnie might lose to Fu in the quarters and then Ding surely has a better chance than Selby to win the title for example.

if that happens ill have a re think but at the moment its a 3 horse race