Topic locked

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, seems like for once you're wrong with your prediction. Ding will win this match.

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNG :-D

Yes I really hope Ding proves me dead wrong, nothing would please me moew at the moment :-D

If Higgins keeps missing those, Ding as we have seen will punish him,those 2 frame losses definately hurt Higgins, but if he can level the match I rate Higgins favourite again.

Postby Wildey

Whats going on with Jamie O'Neill?

he has been over the years a yo yo tour player hes too bad to be a journeyman and now hes on the verge of a Ranking quarter final.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:Whats going on with Jamie O'Neill?

he has been over the years a yo yo tour player hes too bad to be a journeyman and now hes on the verge of a Ranking quarter final.

How can you be too bad to be a journeyman?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

Journeymen stay on tour and goes through the motion Jamie O'Neill cant stay on tour

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Journeymen stay on tour and goes through the motion Jamie O'Neill cant stay on tour

That's a good point actually.

His performance timeline says it all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_O'Neill_(snooker_player)

Postby SnookerFan

I actually agree with Wild on this one. A journeyman isn't the same thing as somebody who isn't good enough to be on the tour. A journeyman is somebody who is good enough to play at a professional level, but generally only just does enough to stay a professional. A journeyman may occasionally have a run at a tournament, but at the same time rarely qualifies.

If you're not good enough to even get on the tour, you're not good enough to be a journeyman.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:Jimmy missed that golden chance to level at 2 all, now may well find himself 4-1 down and no way back for him.

Good though it was to see Jimmy on our television screens again, beating Selby always looked likely to be a step too far.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Jimmy missed that golden chance to level at 2 all, now may well find himself 4-1 down and no way back for him.

Good though it was to see Jimmy on our television screens again, beating Selby always looked likely to be a step too far.

Yeah but had he made it 2 all it could have been a more balanced match and you never know, stranger upsets have happened.

But now 4-1 just a question if Jimmy can win at least 1 or 2 more frames before getting beaten.