Topic locked

Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image

Monday 31st of March ~ Sunday 6th of April at the Beijing Students University Stadium, Beijing, China

Last 16 and despite a fright against Mark Williams defending champion Neil Roberton is still on course for a succesfull defense and has a Last 16 match with Yu DeLu in the last 16.

Also in the last 16 is Ding Junhui, Shaun Murphy, Graeme Dott, Allister Carter, John Higgins, Mark Selby, Peter Ebdon, the evergreen Jimmy White and Belgian sensation Luca Brecel.

Who will make the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Neil Robertson v Yu De Lu Robertson leads 1-0
Luca Brecel v Graeme Dott Brecel leads 1-0
Shaun Murphy v Ricky Walden Murphy leads 10-3
Allister Carter v Peter Ebdon Carter leads 9-3
----------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui v John Higgins 7-7
Mark King v Jamie O'Neill Never Played Before
Craig Steadman v Mike Dunn Steadman leads 2-1
Jimmy White v Mark Selby 1-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:Kudos to Jimmy White for getting this far but I fear his run will come to an end against Selby.

Luca Brecel against Dott could be a good match. Brecel has had a quiet season but he's still young and certainly one for the future.

You never know. Maybe White can spring a surprise . Selby hasn't been convincing for a while. White will have more motivation than Selby, and the quarter final opponent won't be the greatest player ever. White has scored well at times, and this week's wins may have given him some confidence.

Postby Andre147

Ding v Higgins surely is a cracking match, but I sense Higgins will get the better of Ding on this one.

Hopefully Brecel can beat Dotty.

Carter and Ebdon rofl

Robbo v Delu... interesting match, but Robbo will win it easy or not I think.

And Selby v Jimmy... a tall order for Jimmy, stranger upsets have happened though, so... :roll:

Postby Roland

I would think Robertson v Delu will be the first match given it's the defending champ against a Chinese player and the one who beat Ronnie last week. It would be surprising if Ding v Higgins wasn't the second one.

Postby Andre147

Robbo's and Ding's matches definately on TV, as for the other 2 matches I have a strong feeling it will be Murphy v Walden and White v Selby.

On the morning session I would prefer Luca over Murphy, but they won't put him on TV.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 3rd of April

7.30am

Neil Robertson v Yu De Lu TV
Luca Brecel v Graeme Dott
Shaun Murphy v Ricky Walden TV
Allister Carter v Peter Ebdon

12.30pm

Ding Junhui v John Higgins TV
Mark King v Jamie O'Neill
Craig Steadman v Mike Dunn
Jimmy White v Mark Selby TV