Post a reply

Graeme Dott

Postby snooky147

Graeme passed his coaching exam at Del Hill's Snooker Farm.
There will be a website up in a week or so .
He will be doing this in between tournaments where time permits.
Once the website's up ill post contact details here too.

Re: Graeme Dott

Postby Cloud Strife

So who will Graeme be providing coaching to?

Can anybody pay the fee and book a lesson with him?

Postby snooky147

Cloud Strife wrote:So who will Graeme be providing coaching to?

Can anybody pay the fee and book a lesson with him?

Yes they can. Details will be available soon.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Site is still a work in progress but have a look. http://www.graemedottcoaching.com/

Just out of interest will Graeme be a Part time player from next season because i cant see how he can fit in coaching in between the full on season.

Postby Roland

I'm going to interview Graeme about this coaching and other things so if anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask him then post them in this topic.

Postby Andre147

I'd like to ask Graeme if he believes he is a better, more complete player now compared to when he won his World Title back in 2006, despite since 2007 China Open not winning any single title.

Postby Skullman

I'll assume you're going to ask his views on the flat 128 system.

I'd like his views on burnout and whether he thinks it's a real issue. Also, if he plans on skipping some events next season, like Haikou or China.

Postby Cloud Strife

Can you ask him why he let Ian McCulloch get under his skin so much during their Crucible encounters.

Postby Roland

Ok I'll ask him about burnout and skipping and flat 128. About McCulloch I'll put something more general to him about his tendency to allow himself to get worked up by playing players like that who know how to get under his skin. I think back to Gloucester and how he played Pinches first match of the day and turned to me and said "Is it still Sunday?" as Pinches took an age over a seemingly obvious shot. Classic Dotty.

Postby snooky147

Sonny wrote:Ok I'll ask him about burnout and skipping and flat 128. About McCulloch I'll put something more general to him about his tendency to allow himself to get worked up by playing players like that who know how to get under his skin. I think back to Gloucester and how he played Pinches first match of the day and turned to me and said "Is it still Sunday?" as Pinches took an age over a seemingly obvious shot. Classic Dotty.

I'll set that interview up mate when he comes back from China.

Postby Roland

Yes of course Uncle Dotty :santa:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's a good question, I expect the answer to be yes. It's worth pointing out that I interviewed him a couple of years ago

http://www.snookerisland.com/blog/inter ... rt-1-of-3/

so different questions to those please

Graeme today seems to rush Safety shots compared to when he won the World Title where his safeties was well thought out

i believe that he is a better player these days But he reached More Finals prior to winning the World Title in 2006 than he has since....there must be a reason for that.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Can you ask him his thoughts on Scottish snooker and the current shape it's in compared to when he first came on the scene as a pro?

Postby vodkadiet

Can you ask him what made him change his game from a very defensive player to an attacking player?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:That's a good question, I expect the answer to be yes. It's worth pointing out that I interviewed him a couple of years ago

http://www.snookerisland.com/blog/inter ... rt-1-of-3/

so different questions to those please

Graeme today seems to rush Safety shots compared to when he won the World Title where his safeties was well thought out

i believe that he is a better player these days But he reached More Finals prior to winning the World Title in 2006 than he has since....there must be a reason for that.

I agree. I remember last year's IC semi final against Ding where Dott looked like he was about to force a decider but he played a careless safety disturbing a couple of loose reds, Ding potted a great long red and cleared the table.

I think he's a better break builder nowadays but overall he was a better player in 2004-2007. He was more consistent and like you said his safety game was much better. Titles and results don't lie.