Post a reply

Dechawat Poomjaeng

Postby SnookerFan

He's been called up by Stephen Hendry. He's playing for the Rest Of The World at the Snooker Legends Cup.

rofl

Re: Dechawat Poomjaeng

Postby Wildey

jesus christ legends are a bit thin on the ground

The World is a big place and the best they can come up with is Dechawat Poomjaeng rofl

Postby Wildey

dont know who rest of the players is but i cant imagine Hendry thought ummmm who can we have on our team who is the biggest legend Mark Williams, John Higgins, James Wattana, Alan McManus, Mark Allen, Stephen Maguire or Dechawat Pommjaeng.

my guess is nobody else wanted to play so he got desperate.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:dont know who rest of the players is but i cant imagine Hendry thought ummmm who can we have on our team who is the biggest legend Mark Williams, John Higgins, James Wattana, Alan McManus, Mark Allen, Stephen Maguire or Dechawat Pommjaeng.

my guess is nobody else wanted to play so he got desperate.

I don't suppose Hendry had anything to do with it at all. <laugh> Hendry probably turns up on the day and finds out who Snooker Legends have lined up for him to 'captain'.

All this 'Stephen Hendry has enlisted Dechawat' is nonsense. It makes it sounds like Hendry turned up at his house to invite him personally.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:I'd like to see you make a 147, Tubby.

I reckon Wild could, if he wanted tried hard enough. :-D

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:I'd like to see you make a 147, Tubby.

I reckon Wild could, if he wanted tried hard enough. :-D

I think Wild's highest break is about 25 - so he is almost as useless as you.

Postby SnookerFan

Anyway, I wasn't laughing because I believe Dechawat to be crap. I don't.

More so because he seemed like a random choice. Like Wild pointed out, they seem to be picking whoever they can get rather than whoever they think is a legendary choice.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, I wasn't laughing because I believe Dechawat to be crap. I don't.

More so because he seemed like a random choice. Like Wild pointed out, they seem to be picking whoever they can get rather than whoever they think is a legendary choice.

it doesn't give the legends tour credibility by picking anyone after bonafied legends turning them down.

obviously they want it to be more competitive than having Ronnie playing Dennis Taylor like last year but it does look like the likes of John Higgins has given it a wide birth.

Postby Roland

buck me how sad is this conversation? I'm embarrassed for the pair of you.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:it doesn't give the legends tour credibility by picking anyone after bonafied legends turning them down.

obviously they want it to be more competitive than having Ronnie playing Dennis Taylor like last year but it does look like the likes of John Higgins has given it a wide birth.

To be fair, it is a Micky Mouse tour anyway. It always will be. It's a good night out when it's promoted as an exhibition event, but I'm not quite sure why it gets on Eurosport. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

i dont give a flying buck about this old farts crap and its good that legends feel the same way.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:buck me how sad is this conversation? I'm embarrassed for the pair of you.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

This is the General Snooker Disccussion subforum. We were discussing snooker generally. :gag:

Postby SnookerFan

FAO: Sonny

FULL PRESS RELEASE
“2014 Legends Cup”
“The ‘Poom’ is coming!”
We are so excited to announce that ‘The Poom’, Dechawat Poomjeang has been announced as part of Stephen Hendry’s team at the 2014 Legends Cup.
Dechawat, or Jack as he is affectio...nately known, was the star of the first week of the 2013 WORLD Snooker Championship displaying exuberance and hilarity not seen at the Crucible for many years. The manner of his victory over Stephen Macguire made him an instant hit with the fans both here and in his native Thailand.
Snooker Legends creator Jason Francis said..
“I had Jack in mind for Snooker Legends from the moment I saw him play in Sheffield. He reminded us that even under extreme pressure it’s still great to smile and share those emotions and feelings with the fans – he got people talking about snooker and I cannot begin to imagine the chaos when Captain Hendry puts him out with Drago in the Doubles.
Dechawat said…
“I am very happy to play in Stephen Hendry’s team at Legends Cup. I know the Hexagon Theatre in Reading was once a famous snooker venue so nice to see and meet the fans there, also be good to see some fans from Thailand”
Stephen’s has only one other player to announce but is remaining tight lipped on who it will be.
Captaining England and Northern Ireland will be the People’s Champion Jimmy ‘Whirlwind’ White and Steve Davis has already been confirmed onto that team with two more players to be announced soon.
VIP packages are available for all four sessions which guarantees the holder a prime seat at the event and entrance to the pre-event Champagne reception where you will meet all the legends.
Tickets now on sale. Box Office 0118 960 6060 http://www.readingarts.com/thehexagon
To book accommodation and launch dinner packages call Crowne Plaza on 0118 925 9988 quoting code SL1
To book for the launch dinner only at Crowne plaza call Snooker Legends Direct on 07850 428702See more

:mex: :mex: :mex:

Postby Sickpotter

IMO there is no intent of serious competition at this event, it's purely for entertainment so they went with an entertaining player.

Personally I'd rather they look for entertainment via good players than go with entertainment via odd players but I suppose there's a niche for it.

Postby SnookerFan

England Captain Jimmy White has responded to the announcement by Stephen Hendry of Poomjeang this week by confirming that 9 times Ladies World Champion Reanne Evans will play in his team at the 2014 Legends Cup in Reading in May.
Reanne has dominated the Ladies game for many years and qualified for a main ranking event earlier this season beating Un-Nooh, who himself knocked Ronnie out of the German Masters last week.
Jimmy said…...
“I am very happy to have the person with the most world titles in snooker on my team for a change!, she is seriously talented and will surprise a few people with how good she plays. With me and the Nugget already there I thought we needed a bit of youth and good looks!”
Reanne said…
I am so pleased to have been asked by snooker legends to represent England at the Legends Cup. I am looking forward to enjoying, what I am sure will be, a fun weekend. That said, on the table I will be as competitive as ever to try and help my captain Jimmy White win back the trophy against Stephen Hendry's Rest of the World team. It is also great to see Ladies Snooker bring recognised in this way and, as ever, I hope to inspire and encourage more women and girls to get involved in snooker

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Sounds like a good night out, Tubby. You should certainly waddle along.

You should get yourself to Guildford, sir. This news has just popped up on my facebook news feed.

Information
Seven times Crucible champion Stephen Hendry is rated as the greatest ever and six times finalist Jimmy White is quite rightly titled as the ‘Peoples Champion’.

And now you have the chance to see ‘The King of the Crucible’ and ‘The Whirlwind’ go head to head as two of the biggest names in Snooker are coming together for a very special Snooker Legends exhibition right here in Guildford.

John Virgo will be on hand to provide expert analysis whilst keeping the crowds entertained, and leading referee Michaela Tabb will officiate the match.

Calling all Chelsea Fans...
It's just been announced that Chelsea Captain and football legend, John Terry, will be a special guest. He'll be picking up a cue to play in a challenge frame where he will partner Stephen Hendry. Wow.