Topic locked

Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 25th ~ Saturday 29th of March at the Guild Hall Preston

The 4th staging of the PTC Grand Finals comes to England and the Guild Hall Preston.

Shaun Murphy was the inaugral champion back in 2011 and has not played in the tournament since but hes there this year and a tasty Last 32 Match with Neil Robertson.

Ding Junhui will be defending the title he won last year at the Bailey Allen Hall in Galway, Ireland. But there will be tough competition in his defense from No 1 Seeded in the PTC Series Mark Allen, Former 4 times champion of the World John Higgins, twice World Champion Mark Williams, 2005 World Champion Shaun Murphy, 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson and Former UK Champions Stephen Maguire, Mark Selby and Judd Trump. Also there this year for the First time after withdrawing in 2012 is the current World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who will reach the Last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Mark Allen v Jamie Jones 1-1
Fergal O'Brien v Michael Holt Holt leads 4-1
Sam Baird v Anthony Hamilton Never Played Before
Ricky Walden v Gerard Greene Walden leads 6-2
John Higgins v Jimmy Robertson Never Played Before
Ding Junhui v Ben Woollaston Ding Junhui leads 5-0
Marco Fu v Gary Wilson Gary Wilson leads 3-1
Mark Williams v Lyu Haotian Williams leads 1-0
------------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Scott Donaldson Never Played Before
Liang Wenbo v Yu De Lu Liang Wenbo leads 2-1
Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins Maguire leads 10-8
Stuart Bingham v Ryan Day Bingham leads 3-2
Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 18-9
Judd Trump v Ju Reti Never Played Before
Joe Perry v Mark Davis Perry leads 7-1
Mark Selby v David Gilbert Selby leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

So since we'll have 2 matches going on each session until the Last 16 round ends will both tables be televised? Or will they only show the one table they consider to be the better TV match?

I guess it's the latter :roll:

Postby Andre147

Anyway, which matches you find more interesting?

The match of the round obviosuly Robbo v Murphy, and despite Murphy's recent win in Haikou I think Robbo will get the better of him here, he's kinda of been Robbo's bunny <laugh>

Other interesting matches:

Ding v Woolaston
Mags v Hawkins
Bingo v Day
Perry v Mavis :|
And Ronnie v Donaldson :-D

Postby Andy Spark

Mags V Hawkins. Two great players that could nave been world Champions, think Mags is a bit more likely because he'll eyebrow, pout and cue stamp his way to supremacy. :-)

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:Mags V Hawkins. Two great players that could nave been world Champions, think Mags is a bit more likely because he'll eyebrow, pout and cue stamp his way to supremacy. :-)

They still can be World Champs, and I would definately give more of a chance for Hawkins to do so than Mags... sory but Mags temperament plus his inconsistency to maintain top form over long frame formats such as the Crucible won't see him World Champ.

He wasn't World Champ in 2007, by far his best ever chance to do so, so he'll never be crowned with that title.

Postby Wildey

Throughout the Tournament Eurosport will be showing extensive coverage from 1 Match Table. on the first day the Matches shown are

Tuesday 25th of March

1pm

Ding Junhui v Ben Woollaston Eurosport
Sam Baird v Anthony Hamilton

NB 2pm

John Higgins v Jimmy Robertson Eurosport
Mark Williams v Lyu Haotian

7pm

Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson Eurosport
Ricky Walden v Gerard Greene

NB 8pm

Judd Trump v Ju Reti Eurosport
Marco Fu v Gary Wilson

Its Likely that the second match will be available online but as yet there's no details about that.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Throughout the Tournament Eurosport will be showing extensive coverage from 1 Match Table. on the first day the Matches shown are

Tuesday 25th of March

1pm

NB 2pm

7pm

Come on Woollaston,Higgins,

NB 8pm

Judd Trump v Ju Reti Eurosport
Marco Fu v Gary Wilson

Its Likely that the second match will be available online but as yet there's no details about that.

Come on Woollaston,Higgins,Murphy!. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

I don't think I realised it ended on Saturday and not Sunday. Actually, I probably did and forgot because I have trouble remembering anything these days.

With Sunday being Mother's Day, I wouldn't have been able to watch much that day any way.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:China Open starts week today that is the reason its finishing on Saturday Basically we having a Mothers Day Snooker Sandwich :redneck:

No, I get that. <laugh> That's why it was originally meant to be held in Asia.

I think I just hadn't given this tournament, or The China Open, much thought in recent times. So when I was browsing this thread, I was like; "Oh yeah! It ends on Saturday."

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Will you be watching, Mr. Wild? :hatoff:

Wild will be playing. :-D

He wouldn't want to show the rest of them up.

Absolutely SnookerFan,Wilds highest break of 25 would indeed be good enough to compete with the current crop.
I,m sure his safety department of the game is also of good standard,he,s also been watching,playing snooker for many,many years,he,d have todays crop tied up in knots. :-D

Postby Wildey

It does look like only 1 Match table will be televised in the same way as the other European Tour Events on Eurosport.

the Televised Matches has now been confirmed for today and Judd Trump's Match with Ju Reti will not be on a TV Table

Tuesday 25th of March

1pm

NB 2pm

7pm

NB 8pm

Marco Fu v Gary WilsonEurosport
Judd Trump v Ju Reti

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:Is Ronnies TV 'show' being shown again. Has anyone watched it, is it as terrible an idea as it sounds?

Not seen it. I may watch it if I happen to be channel surfing and notice it's on, otherwise I'm not fussed.

I can hear him talk marmite in post-match interviews, I don't need a whole series of shows dedicated to it.

Muppet will be on in a minute to tell me he feels the same way about me. <laugh>