Post a reply

Re: Could John Higgins win the world title this year?

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

It would be amazing but I don't think so. As a fan I'd be delighted if he made the semis. He can beat anyone on his game but he can lose to anyone the next match. He's not got the consistency to win the wc anymore.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It'll be a huge shock? Well I for one wouldn't be shocked in the least.

the sheer inconsistencies of his performances has been huge.....yea still can play to a high standard but ill be shocked if he can maintain that over World Championship distance.

The last 5 frames vs Judd aside hes not played that great at the World Open despite easy wins at the last 64 and last 32, itll be interesting to see his progress today because so often in recent seasons he cant live up to a great performance in the next round.

Postby Skullman

I think the Worlds is the best time for him to inconsistent. Higgins is capable of sticking with most players when he playing crap and the long matches just give him a longer time to get his act together. It's how he won in 2011. He hung on for the majority of the match against ROS, MJW and Judd, and then had one good session and kept his lead from there.

Interesting to note that once Higgins has been very hit and miss at the Worlds recently. Since 2004, he either loses in the first two rounds or goes on to win the whole thing. So if he gets to the quarters, watch out.

Postby Wildey

John Higgins will NEVER Win the World Championship again just Forget it now because it isnt going to happen.

You can Bookmark that or put it up in Trafalgar Square im that confident.

Postby Cloud Strife

John Higgins is one of the few players capable of beating Ronnie over the long distance matches. That automatically gives him a better chance than the majority of winning the World Championship.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:John Higgins will NEVER Win the World Championship again just Forget it now because it isnt going to happen.

We are still waiting for you to run naked with a flower up your bottom after your predictions last year

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:John Higgins will NEVER Win the World Championship again just Forget it now because it isnt going to happen.

We are still waiting for you to run naked with a flower up your bottom after your predictions last year

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

How would you go about putting it up in Trafalgar Square?

:huh:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:John Higgins is one of the few players capable of beating Ronnie over the long distance matches. That automatically gives him a better chance than the majority of winning the World Championship.

He struggled with Ronnie in Newport though.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I think the Worlds is the best time for him to inconsistent. Higgins is capable of sticking with most players when he playing crap and the long matches just give him a longer time to get his act together. It's how he won in 2011. He hung on for the majority of the match against ROS, MJW and Judd, and then had one good session and kept his lead from there.

Interesting to note that once Higgins has been very hit and miss at the Worlds recently. Since 2004, he either loses in the first two rounds or goes on to win the whole thing. So if he gets to the quarters, watch out.

Yes that seems to be the case with him since he won it in 2007. Either loses early, or wins the whole thing without playing his best, but at least being consistent to just hang on.

I also don't think he'll win the Worlds again if I'm honest, but I'm not that confident as Wild is because if he gets a nice draw early on who knows...

The big irony of this discussion is after 2011 most were saying Ronnie would never win another Worlds whereas Higgins would win 1 or 2 more.... Now look at where things stand rofl :-D :D

Postby Holden Chinaski

It's very unlikely, and I want to say it's impossible...but it's John Higgins. I never write off John Higgins no matter how bad he's been playing.
If he finds a bit of form he's capable of winning anything. But it's very unlikely.