Post a reply

Re: Ronnie to have own snooker show on Eurosport

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:How much is this money hussy getting paid for this?

He'll get paid what he's worth, I'm sure.

I'll definitely be tuning in. This is bound to be a ratings winner for Eurosport.

Postby Roland

As I said earlier, he was in Sheffield Academy yesterday interviewing various players and was giving Adi Mehta some coaching which was fascinating to listen to so I'm looking forward to it.

Postby Wildey

Vodkadiet

Ronnie cant win with you can he?

Over the years the guy has been a cretin to say the least with some of the idiotic things hes done however where there's credit due he should get it yes hes getting payed for it but hes giving something back to the sport and those Kids he will be coaching will be inspired by it.

Surely it is worth reserving judgement until the program is aired

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Vodkadiet

Over the years the guy has been a cretin to say the least with some of the idiotic things hes done however where there's credit due he should get it yes hes getting payed for it but hes giving something back to the sport and those Kids he will be coaching will be inspired by it.

Absolutely Wild, we criticise him when it's due and justified, and there are a lot of times to do that, but we also have to take our hats off to him for doing iniciatives like this, and like that Riley's one he did too when Joel Walker won that competition.

And Vodka pmsl <doh> rofl He says he doesn't hate Ronnie, but he does indeed hate him, always saying stupid things like that and for someone who says he couldn't care less about what Ronnie does... rofl well Vodka you always comment on him and so you DO care, if you didn't you wouldnt even bother reading something like this, comment on it and ignore it.

He has a Love/Hate relationship with him :love:

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:Vodkadiet

Absolutely Wild, we criticise him when it's due and justified, and there are a lot of times to do that, but we also have to take our hats off to him for doing iniciatives like this, and like that Riley's one he did too when Joel Walker won that competition.

And Vodka pmsl <doh> rofl He says he doesn't hate Ronnie, but he does indeed hate him, always saying stupid things like that and for someone who says he couldn't care less about what Ronnie does... rofl well Vodka you always comment on him and so you DO care, if you didn't you wouldnt even bother reading something like this, comment on it and ignore it.

He has a Love/Hate relationship with him :love:

Boy, you fanboys are so far up O'Sullivan's backside you cannot see the woods for the trees. He only does things for money or to seek attention. He has no interest in promoting snooker unless he gets a sizeable carrot dangled in front of him.

I am quite happy never to watch snooker again. I don't rely on O'Sullivan's existence to live my life. I am indifferent to the Chigwell bore. I just find the mindset of fanboys fascinating and want to see if anything will penetrate the ivory dome of the aforementioned group of hangers on.

Have a nice evening.

:wave:

Postby edwards2000

Further to that, I'd like to know what makes you an expert on someone you don't know. You seem to have telepathy. You KNOW why Ronnie is doing something, you don't suppose anything. So I'd like to know how you come to these conclusions?

Ronnie helps kids = does it for money
Ronnie doesn't help kids = what a selfish git, no good for the sport
Ronnie puts towel on his head = totally lost it, what a loser
Ronnie doesn't enter tournaments = what a selfish git, no good for the sport
Ronnie does enter tournaments = does it for money and ego

You asked me why *I* care about a snooker player. You seem to care about O'Sullivan far more than I do.

Also, I am fairly sure there are no trees up Ronnie's backside. I am not sure though, you seem to be the expert.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

I also have been sceptical about anything ronnie does thinking it's usually for money ect. However he does seem a very different guy from 5 years ago and I'm glad there is a program out pimping snooker with its top star presenting.

Postby Wildey

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:I also have been sceptical about anything ronnie does thinking it's usually for money ect. However he does seem a very different guy from 5 years ago and I'm glad there is a program out pimping snooker with its top star presenting.

Point is everyone does it for money as well as the enjoyment of the sport.

Ronnie doesn't need to spend time with kids or bullocks about with camera crews to make money.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:I also have been sceptical about anything ronnie does thinking it's usually for money ect. However he does seem a very different guy from 5 years ago and I'm glad there is a program out pimping snooker with its top star presenting.

Ronnie doesn't need to spend time with kids or bullocks about with camera crews to make money.

Money and attention seeking is all he is about. If you can't see that then you're deluding yourself. The problem is the vast majority of fanboys are stupid and cannot see it.

I can't wait for the day when he is trying to sell Doritos to Bovine Britain.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 07 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Wildey wrote:

Of course he doesn't but he has always been money driven and you can see it in what he does. Lately thou I'm not so sure. I'll come back after the program and lovely lady/ praise him.

Postby edwards2000

Money driven? Not likely. If he was money driven he'd be entering tons more events. He is a millionaire and he picks and chooses events to fit in around his real love - running.

But I see we have another telepath among us.

I can't wait for the day when he is trying to sell Doritos to Bovine Britain.

More proof you don't dislike him.

Anyway, this isn't a thread to debate Ronnie's motivations and so forth. :happy:

Postby Blavdes

People missing the point. If it's a good show if it's interesting, educational or entertaining then it's served its purpose and if it's good for snooker - great. It doesn't really matter who is 'presenting' it could be Davis it could be Hendry - the fact is they'd do it for the same reasons (whatever they are) as Ronnie, but Ron got the gig because like him or loathe him he is box office, the biggest thing in snooker at this moment.

Hopefully the show is great and the fact it's Ronnie headlining I think is actually missing the point as I don't think it's going to be a ROS centric series. And if it is - even better :chuckle:

Postby Andy Spark

Had a feeling once I put in the line about "promoting snooker" the thread would develop this way. :chuckle:

I think vodkadiet has a point actually, if put rather crudely. As I mentioned on Rocketronnie.net, Ronnie seems more motivated by the cash on the table than you would expect from somebody of his apparent store of wealth. Why? I'm not sure.

Postby vodkadiet

Andy Spark wrote:Had a feeling once I put in the line about "promoting snooker" the thread would develop this way. :chuckle:

I think vodkadiet has a point actually, if put rather crudely. As I mentioned on Rocketronnie.net, Ronnie seems more motivated by the cash on the table than you would expect from somebody of his apparent store of wealth. Why? I'm not sure.

You may remember a few years back when O'Sullivan kept withdrawing from Chinese/overseas events with citing medical conditions, whilst at the same time flying out to China to sign a mega financial deal to promote the game there. It spoke volumes about his real motivation.

Postby edwards2000

The "school fees" thing is a complete nonsense. I don't know why he says it, but it simply isn't true. When he deliberately left the black on the 147 attempt, he was adamant that money did not come into it, and that he lives on a budget despite his wealth.

I think people take what O'Sullivan says far too seriously. The guy is mixed up and changes what he means and thinks on a whim and from day to day. The whole school fee thing is total bullocks. He certainly doesn't realize how silly it makes him look, or he'd stop doing it.

Unless the school fees are in excess of 200,000 pounds, there's no way he is strapped for cash.

Postby Blavdes

Ron said in his book he had to pay extortionate lawyer fees over some years to sort out his divorce. Eventually it was sorted out but as part of the settlement he has to pay the kids (i'm guessing private) school fees, as well as that he has another kid about 17yo who he probably has to support also and ex wife. I think he said he still has the mortgage on his million pound house also.

Worth noting that at the time of the settlement the amount he had to pay out was based on his yearly salary and that year he won the WC so he kind of has to keep up to an extent.

Postby Andy Spark

vodkadiet wrote:Unless O'Sullivan is trying to get 20 kids through Harvard it is a load of b*llshit.

OK, One of them is in the public domain but how on Earth did you find out about the other 19 secret love children! :gag:

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

edwards2000 wrote:The "school fees" thing is a complete nonsense. I don't know why he says it, but it simply isn't true. When he deliberately left the black on the 147 attempt, he was adamant that money did not come into it, and that he lives on a budget despite his wealth.

I think people take what O'Sullivan says far too seriously. The guy is mixed up and changes what he means and thinks on a whim and from day to day. The whole school fee thing is total bullocks. He certainly doesn't realize how silly it makes him look, or he'd stop doing it.

Unless the school fees are in excess of 200,000 pounds, there's no way he is strapped for cash.

Ronnie just can't do no wrong in your eyes eh? To the point where you can read his mind and know his motives for everything. Have a reality check for Christ sake, you write like a lunatic.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:The "school fees" thing is a complete nonsense. I don't know why he says it, but it simply isn't true. When he deliberately left the black on the 147 attempt, he was adamant that money did not come into it, and that he lives on a budget despite his wealth.

Ronnie just can't do no wrong in your eyes eh? To the point where you can read his mind and know his motives for everything. Have a reality check for Christ sake, you write like a lunatic.

Ayrshirebhoy, please chill out a little, will you. As Edwards said, a lot of what Ronnie comes out with sometimes is complete nonsense and doesn't reflect well on him as a person.

It's just a pity so many people take these said comments so seriously and personally.