Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final Discussion

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:It was my birthday yesterday. I had been unsure about what to do all week but hadn't made up my mind. When I woke up, I knew exactly what I wanted to to do, I felt utterly compelled. So I called the Newport center, got two all day tickets for my girlfriend and me, jumped in the car and bombed down the M4 from London. 3 hours later I'm watching Ronnie and Ding.

And then Ronnie did a maxi for my birthday!!

Wow, that must have been fantastic! What a birthday!

Postby Blavdes

Now I'm convinced Ronnie is here to stay. Often I'm pessimistic about Ron, how he'll play, if he'll even turn up at all, even after the WC titles and Masters I still didn't want to get my hopes up because it's doubly crushing when he throws it away. This Welsh Open win and the manner of it - like SO shows he's crushing everyone - it really is a defining tournament. Ron didn't need this win, he didn't need to turn up at all, but he did and it shows he really means business now, he's really gunning for Hendry.

Dan-cat wrote:It was my birthday yesterday. I had been unsure about what to do all week but hadn't made up my mind. When I woke up, I knew exactly what I wanted to to do, I felt utterly compelled. So I called the Newport center, got two all day tickets for my girlfriend and me, jumped in the car and bombed down the M4 from London. 3 hours later I'm watching Ronnie and Ding.

And then Ronnie did a maxi for my birthday!!

Great story, must have been amazing to be there!

Postby vodkadiet

Lucky wrote:Hasn't Robbo tweeted something along the lines of Ronnie being Britains greatest SPORTSMAN.....not just snooker player. The penny is starting to drop with people just what an amazing talent snooker has been blessed with.

Snooker isn't a sport, it is a game. It is on the same level as darts, chess, and golf.

Examples of sports; Cycling, Tennis, Athletics, Swimming, Rugby League.

:wave:

Postby simplysnooker

vodkadiet wrote:
Lucky wrote:Hasn't Robbo tweeted something along the lines of Ronnie being Britains greatest SPORTSMAN.....not just snooker player. The penny is starting to drop with people just what an amazing talent snooker has been blessed with.

Snooker isn't a sport, it is a game. It is on the same level as darts, chess, and golf.

Give it a rest pal.

Still can't believe that 147 last night, all the other players must be scratching their heads on how they're going to beat him in this current form.

Postby Andre147

simplysnooker wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Give it a rest pal.

Still can't believe that 147 last night, all the other players must be scratching their heads on how they're going to beat him in this current form.

He'll say absolutely ANYTHING, the most complete BULLOCKS to devaluate Ronnie's achievments, now saying Snooker isn't a sport :lol: <doh> :lol: <doh> :wave:

Yeah Vodka keep trying to devaluate Ronnie's achievments, you won't get even close to doing so pmsl

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, you think Ronnie will win the PTC finals as well? I wouldn't bet against it...

Possibly but honestly don't think he will because it's a Best of 7 format all the way through the title and that short format will help other top players to beat him, Robbo, Trump or Selby for instance he may face one of those and may be beat. I know it was also Best of 7 in the Welsh Open until quarter finals and he only lost 1 frame in each of those 4 matches, but something tells me he may reach quarters or semis there and then lose to one of those players I mentioned for instance.

But I hope he proves me wrong, and a lot too will depend on the draw. But yeah as you say with his recent form another win wouldnt surprise me at all.

Postby Andre147

By the way, the draw for PTC Grand Finals should be released after the final PTC, APTC4 which starts and ends this week am I right?

Ronnie currently stands 2nd in the European Order of Merit and will probably be sedeed 2nd at the bottom of the draw.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, you think Ronnie will win the PTC finals as well? I wouldn't bet against it...

Possibly but honestly don't think he will because it's a Best of 7 format all the way through the title and that short format will help other top players to beat him, Robbo, Trump or Selby for instance he may face one of those and may be beat. I know it was also Best of 7 in the Welsh Open until quarter finals and he only lost 1 frame in each of those 4 matches, but something tells me he may reach quarters or semis there and then lose to one of those players I mentioned for instance.

But I hope he proves me wrong, and a lot too will depend on the draw. But yeah as you say with his recent form another win wouldnt surprise me at all.

I have a feeling Ronnie probably won't do too well at the PTC finals. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost to someone lower ranked.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

I have a feeling Ronnie probably won't do too well at the PTC finals. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost to someone lower ranked.

The Worlds are far more important but still I wouldn't say no to another title at the PTC Grand Finals.

But I agree with you CS, either that or lose to a top player like those I mentioned.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 PGC wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Give it a rest pal.

Stephen Maguire even said snooker isn't a sport. Any game in which obese people can succeed cannot be a sport. And this is no way detracts from O'Sullivan's achievements. He is currently playing this game at a higher level than any other player at present. That can soon change. Hopefully it will at Sheffield.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 03 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

There should be a rule that you can't nest more than three quotes at once. :irk:

Seriously, when do you need the exact words of the guy three before you in the conversion?

Postby Muppet147

vodkadiet wrote:Stephen Maguire even said snooker isn't a sport. Any game in which obese people can succeed cannot be a sport. And this is no way detracts from O'Sullivan's achievements. He is currently playing this game at a higher level than any other player at present. That can soon change. Hopefully it will at Sheffield.

Maguire is no kind of athlete.

I agree with you however that snooker is about as much of a sport as is darts.

Fortunately the wobbly Stephen Lee is no longer playing. He really let the side down.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:There should be a rule that you can't nest more than three quotes at once. :irk:

Seriously, when do you need the exact words of the guy three before you in the conversion?

Want some cheese with that whine?

Postby TheRocket

Will be nice if Ronnie wins the PTC too but it's gonna be hard and I don't think he's gonna make it this time. You have no guarantee whatsoever to win a tournament which is throughout a best of 7 . Best of 7 is really a 50/50 thing between topplayers , no matter what the current form of the players are and even a weaker player have a very good chance against you if he's playing well.

But the WC obviously is the tournament Ronnie's looking at now while the others still have to travel to China two times.

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Stephen Maguire even said snooker isn't a sport. Any game in which obese people can succeed cannot be a sport. And this is no way detracts from O'Sullivan's achievements. He is currently playing this game at a higher level than any other player at present. That can soon change. Hopefully it will at Sheffield.

Maguire is no kind of athlete.

I agree with you however that snooker is about as much of a sport as is darts.

Fortunately the wobbly Stephen Lee is no longer playing. He really let the side down.

Yes, he really brought the game into disrepute. Still, we still have KFC sponsored Marcus Campbell.

Postby Roland

Nested quotes are a pet hate of mine, especially when you're quoting the post directly above you. And even if someone posts in the mean time, it's usually obvious reading down who the reply is aimed at.

Take note Wild!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Nested quotes are a pet hate of mine, especially when you're quoting the post directly above you. And even if someone posts in the mean time, it's usually obvious reading down who the reply is aimed at.

Take note Wild!

its your forum you can stop it in settings Problem solved dont bucking complain about it.

Postby Lucky

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Nested quotes are a pet hate of mine, especially when you're quoting the post directly above you. And even if someone posts in the mean time, it's usually obvious reading down who the reply is aimed at.

Take note Wild!
ř
its your forum you can stop it in settings Problem solved dont bucking complain about it.

lol. Post of the year at the SI oscars.