Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final Discussion

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:This is already SO one of his best seasons ever, he has won a PTC, CoC, Masters and now Welsh Open.

The Worlds would just be the icing on the cake :-D

I don't think the PTC is that great compared to the rest. Even the PHC.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:This is already SO one of his best seasons ever, he has won a PTC, CoC, Masters and now Welsh Open.

The Worlds would just be the icing on the cake :-D

I don't think the PTC is that great compared to the rest. Even the PHC.

You're right, but a win is a win nervertheless and you know there aren't that many seasons I think in his career when he has won so many events like this season, but I know what you mean.

Postby snooker_loopy

Once he gets a few frames ahead it's game over. It's like he's sussed out how to win. What I mean is he's perfected the ability to win the early frames and then it's over for the opponent. All the other players need to find a way to break him down in the first five or six frames. I dunno how they do this but they need to work out a way before Sheffield!

Postby Skullman

snooker_loopy wrote:Once he gets a few frames ahead it's game over. It's like he's sussed out how to win. What I mean is he's perfected the ability to win the early frames and then it's over for the opponent. All the other players need to find a way to break him down in the first five or six frames. I dunno how they do this but they need to work out a way before Sheffield!

Voodoo.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I knew Ronnie wouldn't make his 12th max in some PTC or something. And he couldn't have picked a much better occasion than this.

Well his then record breaking 11th max was in a PTC...

PS World final decider would would be a better place.

That's nonsense obviously - there's no player that can push Ronnie so hard to force a decider :-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 PGC wrote:Image

Take a real good look at this shot for the black

:-D :D :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

One of the best shots I've ever seen. He played it so casually... and got perfect position on the black. Brilliant.

Postby randam05

I cant believe it honestly, there arent even words for that.

Im just smiling i cant relax at all now, almost bought a tear to my eyes

Postby Blavdes

Was kind of strange after he potted that left handed red down the cushion I just felt in awe that he was going to make a 147 there didn't seem to be any doubt about it the way everything was cruising into the pockets, it was actually enjoyable. That last black was so standard and Ron was so much in the zone I reckon he could have been blindfolded, turned his cue around and still potted it no problem, it just wasn't in doubt. What a feeling that must have been for him and what a great snooker moment.

Ding :hatoff: made a great speech as well as Ron.

Wonder what the odds are on Ronnie retiring before the WC ... :evilgrin:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Well I ain't been on here a while.

But after that, I need to comment. Having the pleasure to see Ronnie live at the Crucible last year, he is by far the best player I've seen live by a mile. That day he was bloody good, but the past week he has just been on another level.

Winning a tournament on a 147 is the stuff of dreams, that last red is one of the best shots I've ever seen. Jaw dropping stuff, all I could say was "My dear god, stop it just stop it"

Playing this kind of Snooker he is basically untouchable. Can't see anybody beating him at the Crucible, unless he plays poorly in the first couple of rounds, and an inspired performance by somebody knocks him out. If not he will easily lift that trophy for a third year running.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The 2 best players of the season started this final. Ronnie proved today that he's without a shadow of a doubt, the best player in the World and that by some distance.

Destroying Mark Selby and Ding Junhui in consecutive major finals is unbelievable.

Postby Cannonball

Has anyone seen Wildey? I'm sure he's dying to come on here and offer the genius his congrats.

Postby Andre147

Trumpster wrote:Has anyone seen Wildey? I'm sure he's dying to come on here and offer the genius his congrats.

rofl :wave:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The 2 best players of the season started this final. Ronnie proved today that he's without a shadow of a doubt, the best player in the World and that by some distance.

Destroying Mark Selby and Ding Junhui in consecutive major finals is unbelievable.

Absolutely, despite what many seem to think that indeed is unbelievable.

Just bucking wonderful,his best snooker ever by some distance recently.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The 2 best players of the season started this final. Ronnie proved today that he's without a shadow of a doubt, the best player in the World and that by some distance.

When did the Welsh Open become a major?

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Just bucking wonderful,his best snooker ever by some distance recently.

Bucking? You haven't learnt English swearing from the swear filter on this site have you?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

When did the Welsh Open become a major?

You know what I mean.