Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Let's see how many Mark makes here before missing...

... 7 apparently.

Just not good enough at this level

Postby Dan-cat

Andy Spark wrote:Watching Judd Trump over the last 16 months and he is missing easy balls like a 40 year old player on the decline! I think the problem might be concentration levels. I would advise Judd to take up yoga, seriously, something like tree posture practiced every day would improve Judd's concentration levels no end.

This is a really good idea.

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:This is the type of frame Williams would normally win. This is such a big match for him...

It is agree, especially as it's his home tourney.

Postby Casey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Casey wrote:This is the type of frame Williams would normally win. This is such a big match for him...

It is agree, especially as it's his home tourney.

A win this week, in Wales, could really kick start something for him.

Postby Skullman

4-2 Marco. Marco scored more heavily and played the better safety and is a deserved winner.

Could be a dark horse, especially if he plays like he did in the middle section of the match.

Looks like all the Welshmen are all out in the last 16.

Postby hendry_fan

I all honesty,i really can,t see Williams ever winnin another ranking tourney again,he might,(like most of the players say,plays well in practice),but he just can,t deliver in a ranking tourney anymore,he makes too many mistakes in all aspects of the game theeese daaayyys,he might get to the odd latter stages in certain tourneys but as far as actually WINNING one again,i,m afraid he,s run out of steam.

No matter what happens with him as from now and in the future,he like Hendry,Ronnie,Higgins,Davis,he has already cemented his name as a LEGEND and will be regarded as one of the greatest ever players to have graced the game of snooker. <ok>

Postby Sickpotter

I think Mark has taken too many battle scars since coming back to the game.

Probably needs to be working with a sports psychologist to try and turn it around.

Sickening to watch a player with his talent produce these displays.

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:I think Mark has taken too many battle scars since coming back to the game.

Probably needs to be working with a sports psychologist to try and turn it around.

Sickening to watch a player with his talent produce these displays.

What he should do is listen to his friend's Hendry advice and do that thing he said in his interview that has 6 letters, first is an "r" the last is an "e". <laugh>

But even if he doesn't do that I can't see him winning another ranking title unless he has a very kind draw and doesn't face too many strong opposition.