Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Blavdes

TheRocket wrote:“Two players, it is like Chelsea playing Manchester City at the moment, it doesn’t get much bigger and it is good for the fans.”

Did Ronnie say this? Think he should stick to the snooker analysis as that's probably the worst comparison to football I can think of. "TheRocket" had it right: it's more like the Barcelona v Real Madrid, the 'el clasico' of snooker.

Postby Andre147

Told you Cueist, Fu did respond and Williams can't make mistakes like he did there because let's just say Fu won't play as bad as Robbo did, far from it.

If Williams wants to win this match, has to start making the most of every chance.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:ive always thought Ronnie v Higgins is a boring tie and in 2014 nothing has changed

Boring for you maybe, but they've had some wonderful and some of the best classic matches down the years and I love when both play against each other, such a cracking match it always is.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:MJW can't seem to get past the 50s in frames.

yeah if Fu wins this frame from behind again then Williams has pretty much lost this match.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:MJW can't seem to get past the 50s in frames.

yeah if Fu wins this frame from behind again then Williams has pretty much lost this match.

Forget that. Some person in the front row will get a cue thrown at him if that happens again.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:ive always thought Ronnie v Higgins is a boring tie and in 2014 nothing has changed

The best times of Ronnie vs Higgins matches are obviously over but nevertheless it's one of the best rivalries we have ever had in Snooker. They produced wonderful moments in Snooker.

Postby Andy Spark

Watching Judd Trump over the last 16 months and he is missing easy balls like a 40 year old player on the decline! I think the problem might be concentration levels. I would advise Judd to take up yoga, seriously, something like tree posture practiced every day would improve Judd's concentration levels no end.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Marco did all the hard work and leaves the pink over the pocket :sad:

2-2

Yeah gutted for that, would have been a great clearance.

Williams might be inspired by winning that frame and play well again.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

The best times of Ronnie vs Higgins matches are obviously over but nevertheless it's one of the best rivalries we have ever had in Snooker. They produced wonderful moments in Snooker.

Yeah absolutely, some of the best matches ever in snooker, such a great rivalry those 2 have.

Tomorrow will just be another chapter of that, hopefully with a Ronnie win. :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Boring for you maybe, but they've had some wonderful and some of the best classic matches down the years and I love when both play against each other, such a cracking match it always is.

over the years there's been some cracking revelries but for some reason Ronnie v Higgins has never got me going at all.

yes there have been great matches played and exciting finishes but there's no spark there for me.....Possibly too much mutual respect.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:over the years there's been some cracking revelries but for some reason Ronnie v Higgins has never got me going at all.

yes there have been great matches played and exciting finishes but there's no spark there for me.....Possibly too much mutual respect.

Good snooker is good snooker. A bad match isn't going to be improved just because there's needle between the players and a good match won't be considered crap just because the players are friends.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:over the years there's been some cracking revelries but for some reason Ronnie v Higgins has never got me going at all.

Good snooker is good snooker. A bad match isn't going to be improved just because there's needle between the players and a good match won't be considered crap just because the players are friends.

i did not say the matches are crap.

i said the tie bored me slightly compared to other major ties.