Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:So Higgins has played Trump, has Ronnie, and could potentially play MJW after that. Better make sure the clock haven't gone back to 2011.

I doubt he will play Lee again though

Rory a stumbling block too, but those three are the key opponents.

Postby TheRocket

I really think, there are only two options for tomorrow.
Either Ronnie is gonna win this 5:0 or 5:1 or Higgins is gonna win 5:3 or 5:4.

The longer and scrappier the match goes, the less Ronnie will be able to pull off his fluent breaks. He should try to kill off the match as quick as possible.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Higgins is playing well again but if Ronnie can't beat him tomorrow I don't know what's going on.

Ronnie has all the confidence, the form, the titles and the mental strength.

I'm thinking the same. If not tomorrow, when then?

Postby hendry_fan

Wow!,Higgins pulls it off!.

There was no real "wizardry" from "The Wizard of Wishaw" in this match apart from the odd shot here n there but he did play a little better than what we,ve seen from him lately,he,s still country miles off his prime but he,ll be chuffed to bits by beatin Trump today.

Trump cannot complain about havin bad run o the ball,getting no luck as he had plenty of it himself together with numerous chances,that missed blue in the decider similar to Thornes along with many other bad errors cost him dearly.

Well done John,once again you,ve taught a young gun a lesson. :-D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:I really think, there are only two options for tomorrow.
Either Ronnie is gonna win this 5:0 or 5:1 or Higgins is gonna win 5:3 or 5:4.

The longer and scrappier the match goes, the less Ronnie will be able to pull off his fluent breaks. He should try to kill off the match as quick as possible.

Agreed but John is struggling badly to get over the line in close and important matches these days, so I don't know what will happen if it goes to a decider.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Started off well in the first two with a 120+ and a 86, and played reasonably solid in the last two from what I saw in live scores.

The guy is really ready to win the World Championship. Next to Ronnie O'Sullivan the main favourite for the title.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Started off well in the first two with a 120+ and a 86, and played reasonably solid in the last two from what I saw in live scores.

The guy is really ready to win the World Championship. Next to Ronnie O'Sullivan the main favourite for the title.

I disagree. I rate Robertson chances a lot higher than Ding's but he is no. 3 in my book.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding is playing well but he's also having an ridiculous easy draw...

He can reach the semi finals playing only 1 player ranking inside the top 45!

Apart from Scott, he's played the highest ranked players he could in each round so far.

Postby Skullman

Regarding Ding v Robbo, Ding looked a bit tired at the UK after his great three tournament run.

If he goes off on another run he could tire out before the Worlds, especially since he's not skipped any of the remaining rankers.