Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:And Mags is followed by Higgins who finishes Mark King off 4-0 with a century. If he's in form, it should be a good match against Judd.

Yeah, he always seems to play well against Trump and Trump himself for some reason doesn't feel that confortable when he plays him.

Should be a good match, I don't think we can yet say Higgins is back in form but a win against Trump will prove that.

I honestly hope both Higgins and Ronnie win their matches so that we have a mouthwatering clash between them, both havent played each other for a while and Ronnie needs a ranking win over John.

Ronnie doesn't need a win over John Higgins. He is a five times world champion. A win over Higgins won't legitimise that any further.

That said, I hope they do meet, and Ronnie absolutely thrashes him.

I'm not questioning Ronnie's status in the game, far from that, but just saying he has only had a ranking win over Higgins since 2003 or 2004 and that came at the 2009 Shanghai Masters semi, so I want them to both meet in the quarters and Ronnie beats him.

if Ronnie beats a 2014 John Higgins what would that realistically prove?

Ronnie likes beating up has beens maybe?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:bull.

You can't say Ronnie played that well.

yes he can mate.

his standards is extremely low <ok>

bull

yours is even lower and that says a lot <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:if Ronnie beats a 2014 John Higgins what would that realistically prove?

If Higgins reaches a quarter final in a ranking event whitewashing his first 3 opponents and beating someone like Judd Trump, he must be in pretty good nick I would say.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:if Ronnie beats a 2014 John Higgins what would that realistically prove?

If Higgins reaches a quarter final in a ranking event whitewashing his first 3 opponents and beating someone like Judd Trump, he must be in pretty good nick I would say.

Absolutely, and don't agree with Wild at all, just because Higgins has been playing poor almost all season does that mean he will play poor in every tournament now? It doesn't, and if Higgins beats Trump he will have to play well to do that, so as I said hopefully both players make the quarters and Ronnie beats him.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:And Mags is followed by Higgins who finishes Mark King off 4-0 with a century. If he's in form, it should be a good match against Judd.

Yeah, he always seems to play well against Trump and Trump himself for some reason doesn't feel that confortable when he plays him.

Should be a good match, I don't think we can yet say Higgins is back in form but a win against Trump will prove that.

I honestly hope both Higgins and Ronnie win their matches so that we have a mouthwatering clash between them, both havent played each other for a while and Ronnie needs a ranking win over John.

Ronnie doesn't need a win over John Higgins. He is a five times world champion. A win over Higgins won't legitimise that any further.

That said, I hope they do meet, and Ronnie absolutely thrashes him.

I'm not questioning Ronnie's status in the game, far from that, but just saying he has only had a ranking win over Higgins since 2003 or 2004 and that came at the 2009 Shanghai Masters semi, so I want them to both meet in the quarters and Ronnie beats him.

if Ronnie beats a 2014 John Higgins what would that realistically prove?

A bit harsh considering he was wc 2 years ago. He is on a decline, no doubt but his recent bad form has been just that. Bad form, he'll come good in the end. Too good not to.

Postby Skullman

Like Hendry and Davis were too good? Higgins will have to win his last event at some point, although I think Shanghai won't be his last (I'm ignoring PTCs in case any pedants bring up Bulgaria).

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Skullman wrote:Like Hendry and Davis were too good? Higgins will have to win his last event at some point, although I think Shanghai won't be his last (I'm ignoring PTCs in case any pedants bring up Bulgaria).

He has a much better all round game than Hendry and could go on as long as Davis. Time is running out for him thou no question. He's not ronnie and I reckon after 40 he'll be out of running for tourneys.

Postby GJ

Well done Mark Williams :hatoff:

The fact that robbo went deep in most events early in 2013 pre worlds and then lost in round 1 and Sheffield , im not too fussed if he loses early in some of the lead up events this year.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Well done Mark Williams :hatoff:

The fact that robbo went deep in most events early in 2013 pre worlds and then lost in round 1 and Sheffield , im not too fussed if he loses early in some of the lead up events this year.

Still a string of losses against people he should beat can't be great for confidence.