Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

I see... I'd also like Ding's match to be televised, but since Mags is playing Pagget they'll probably put his match on TV.

Well I won't be too bothered if that happens, both can be good matches, and who knows... something tells me Pagget could be the Welsh player going furthest in this event.

Postby Andre147

All Welsh players have tough matches in fact and in theory they can all be knocked out tomorrow, what a blow that would be for the Welsh fans:

Pagget v Mags

Stevens v Perry

Dale v Selby

Robbo v Williams

Who do you think of these Welsh players has the better chance of winning their match?

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 26th February

10:30am

James Wattana v Joel Walker
Scott Donaldson v Andrew Higginson
Dominic Dale v Mark Selby
Shaun Murphy v Liang Wenbo

NB 1:30pm

Ricky Walden/Matthew Selt v Anthony Hamilton
Matthew Stevens v Joe Perry
Mark Allen v Allister Carter
Neil Robertson v Mark Williams

NB 2:00pm

Stuart Bingham/Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Michael Holt
Xiao Guodong v Barry Pinches/Ronnie O'Sullivan
Graeme Dott v Marco Fu
Judd Trump v Anthony McGill

NB 7:00pm

Jack Lisowski v Cao Yupeng/Barry Hawkins
Mark King/Alan McManus v John Higgins
Stephen Maguire v Andrew Pagett
Ben Woollaston v Ding Junhui

Postby Skullman

Has to be Stevens and Pagett. I think Robbo has too much for MJW these days, Selby is generally too solid for players like Dom to beat him. Stevens and Perry are roughly equal, although Perry has to be favourite due to recent form of both players. Pagett might have a chance as Mags was been complaining of back problems.

Postby Andre147

I think all of them will get knocked out tomorrow, but if I had to pick a favourite I would go for Pagget, has been playing very well.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Looks like Hawkins is through barring snookers :sad:

:-D Glad he is through, should be another cracker v Lisoswki, even though we won't be able to watch that.

Postby Wildey

TV Matches for tomorrow looks like this in my opinion

Dominic Dale v Mark Selby Welsh Conection
Neil Robertson v Mark Williams Obviously
Xiao Guodong v Ronnie O'Sullivan or Judd Trump v Anthony McGill (depending on Ronnie Winning or Losing)
Stephen Maguire v Andrew Pagett (defending champ v welshie)

Postby Andre147

Williams post-match:

“Neil is apart from Ronnie O’Sullivan the best player in the world, there are hardly any faults in his game. But I know if I play okay I can beat anyone apart from maybe Ronnie.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... s-showdown

<laugh>

Some confidence Williams has when facing Ronnie, I don't blame him though after all the losses since 2003 he's had against him. This though shouldn't be a mentality of a great of the game like Williams, but I understand his point when he faces him, the man has 0 confidence in beating him.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Didn't he smash Jack at the Crucible last year? Cao would be a much closer match :john:

This though is a diferent prospect and I'll be surprised to see a one sided result either way.

Postby The Cueist

Ahhh!!! HendryFan , Best of luck with your optimistic hopes
For the ros match.
Will be eating homemade shepherds pie washed down with some Sauv Blanc followed by Syrup sponge pud and custard.

Ros on the box , Should be another good match.
Not sure what form he is in.

He has not entered for much pre worlds , Needs ro do well tbis week.

If Barry does the biz then I am surely going to be a little bit more amazed than you would be !!!!! Lol

Postby Andre147

He said he'll enter the PTC Grand Finals The Cueist because it now is held in Preston which obviously favours because he wouldn't be playing in Thailand anyway.

Apart from this event and that one you're right, he'll then prepare for his defense of the World Crown.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Ahaa!!!! Hendryfan, I only eat the best.
Gingerbread milkshake is where it is at.
Prawn cocktail pringles from Iceland if that helps fella.

Thanks for the info.You eat n drink a lot yummier stuff than SnookerFan does,mind you that aint hard to do is it. <laugh>

I,m looking forward to munchin+ drinking something yummy while watching Ronnie getting his bottom spanked by good old Barry tonight!. :happy:

I aint been on all day, and you're still chatting on about me.

I'm having a pasta bake for dinner by the way. :-D

"pasta bake",omg!,great diet you,re havin,you might as well have 5 kg rhubarb crumble with lots of cream,a Maxi pack of custard creams and wash it all down with a McEwan’s Lager 6 pack <laugh>

Come Barry,you,ve beaten that pumpkin Ronnie before,now kindly do it again tonight. :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:Williams post-match:

“Neil is apart from Ronnie O’Sullivan the best player in the world, there are hardly any faults in his game. But I know if I play okay I can beat anyone apart from maybe Ronnie.”

<laugh>

Some confidence Williams has when facing Ronnie, I don't blame him though after all the losses since 2003 he's had against him. This though shouldn't be a mentality of a great of the game like Williams, but I understand his point when he faces him, the man has 0 confidence in beating him.

Thats disappointing that a twice World Champion is such a defeatist...

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 25th February

NB 2:00pm

Neil Robertson 4-0 Rory McLeod
Shaun Murphy 4-2 Craig Steadman
Martin Gould 1-4 Jack Lisowski
Cao Yupeng 3-4 Barry Hawkins

NB 7:00pm

Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Mark King v Alan McManus
Ricky Walden v Matthew Selt
Barry Pinches v Ronnie O'Sullivan TV

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:All this food talk reminds me of the days when Smart was lurking around here <laugh>

THE CUEIST probably eats about as good as Ronnie probably does,take a look at this,absolute delicious,yummy stuff,i have to say :-D ,....

,....."homemade shepherds pie washed down with some Sauv Blanc followed by Syrup sponge pud and custard".

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:

<laugh>

He's a realist, nothing else.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

<laugh>

That shouldn't be a mentality of a Twice World Champ and a great of the game though, but what matters is that he hasn't won against Ronnie for more than 10 years and they've had loads of matches since then.

Well, if you exclude 2 CL wins from Williams that is. rofl pmsl

Postby Skullman

Conflicted. Should root for Pinches, sticking with my usual anti-Ronnie stance, but I picked Ronnie in predicts and if he goes far, it could be a goldmine of points :chin:

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

<laugh>

You call it reality i call it LOOSER.

Postby The Cueist

Hendryfan , My good woman sorts all that out for me
Bless her.

I have always lived well , I am 17 stone and I have the build to carry it well.

I certainly am slightly well made , Buit just love food and drink .

Especially when it is miserable ouside.

Love munchies and picking them when we go shopping
All of us love scoffng.

Postby Skullman

Good crowd in. Wonder how many'll leave once this match is done (assuming it's not the last where it'll be all of them just to pre-empt any smartarses).