Topic locked

German Masters Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 29th of January - Sunday 2nd of February at the Tempodrom, Berlin in Germany

Still going strong are former UK Champions Judd Trump and Ding Junhui.

The last of Judd Trump Ranking tournament victories was the International Championship of 2012, Since then hes only appered in 2 other semi finals until this week (World Championship and Welsh Open) in 2013 and had 7 1st round defeats in that time but resently hes shown a welcome return to form.

Ding Junhui on the other hand is experiancing by a mile his best ever season and will be looking to add to that this week.

Last time Ryan Day reached a ranking event Semi Final was almost 5 years ago at the 2009 China Open when he was well astablished as a top 10 player since then hes dropped down a bit but this week is a welcome boost to the Welsh Man.

And Finally Rod Lawler in his first semi final since 1996 where on that occation he beat Nick Pearce for a place in the final where he Lost 9-6 to John Higgins.

Can he reach the final this time?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Ryan Day v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 7-4
-------------------------------------------------------------
Rod Lawler v Judd Trump 2-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: German Masters Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Last time Judd and Ding were in the semis of the same event,they ended up losing. Imagine if that happened here...

Must go down as most unexpected final of all time?

Postby SlowJoe

Just been looking at the betting for the semi-finals on Paddy Power. Total frames over 5.5 is priced at 1/7! Are both semi-finals not best of 6 ?

Postby motorhead

SlowJoe wrote:Just been looking at the betting for the semi-finals on Paddy Power. Total frames over 5.5 is priced at 1/7! Are both semi-finals not best of 6 ?

lol

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Saturday 1st of February

12pm

Ryan Day v Ding Junhui

7pm

Rod Lawler v Judd Trump

Wow!,"Rod the Plods" won again and commences to the semis.

As i wrote yesterday,no matter how one might dislike his style of play,whatever,he still derserves full respect/credit on making it this far in a tournament after been around so long,as Wild wrote,thats now 3 deciders he,s won in a row.

I can,t see him gettin past Trump though,would be great if he could,winning on yet another decider,this time winning 6-5. :-D

Days also had a great run considering how he,s been playing for a good while now,but i also think it,ll be the end station for him in this tourney.

It,s gonna be a Ding v Trump final me thinks.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Judd Trump vs Rod The Plod. Talk about a clash of styles.

Absolutely. :-)

I won,t be able to watch much,if at all any snooker today,but i,m sure our Skullman,yourself as well as some others will keep us informed whats been going on.

So far my "Come on Rod" has brought luck for him,the only 2 times i,ve rooted for him,he,s ended up winning,so i,m gonna write it again,...

Come on Rod,sod the Trumpster!. :happy:

Postby Wildey

In 2012 Rod Lawler fell off the tour he went in to Q School and stripped of his ranking points and started on 0 Points now he has climbed his way up to 44th in the Rankings and hes in 32nd on the Money list with over £85,000, £50,000 off the drop zone.

a 2 year tour card has worked extremely well for him so it shows what can be achieved you just have to achieve it.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Day of watching snooker and rugby for me. My mini-fridge will see action.

If your mini fridge really could see, the only action it would see would be a very overweight man stuffing himself full of pies.

Postby Wildey

Blavdes wrote:Gotta admit don't think I've ever seen Lawler play before in 15yrs watching snooker.

Last season it seemed that Rod Lawler was never off stream it was as if he had shares in Perform or something.

Postby Blavdes

Wildey wrote:
Blavdes wrote:Gotta admit don't think I've ever seen Lawler play before in 15yrs watching snooker.

Last season it seemed that Rod Lawler was never off stream it was as if he had shares in Perform or something.

<laugh> Have only been watching snooker online the past 6 months or so, so I look forward to seeing more of Rod... but hopefully not tomorrow!

Postby The Cueist

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Day of watching snooker and rugby for me. My mini-fridge will see action.

If your mini fridge really could see, the only action it would see would be a very overweight man stuffing himself full of pies.

:clap: who ate all the pies,Snookerfan ate all the pies,in fact the whole buffet.
i have had reports from people who know him. :sylvester:

He dont get invites to weddings,They cant afford him.

The big stodgey tub of lard that he is.

Postby hendry_fan

Flippin eck!,SnookerFans gettin just about as much attention as Rod the Plods been gettin. :-D

They could become freinds as Rod looks like he likes pies,kebabs and beer as well. ;-) <laugh> :dinner: :drunk:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:For the last time.... I DON'T LIKE KEBABS!

rofl

I do!.

So,all this talk about food n drink has reminded me that i have to now go and get the shopping done.
Tattie bye for now,have fun watching the snooker and eatin your pies. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Eating a chicken sandwich I purchased in Tesco Express. Found a bag of tortilla chips in the kitchen, my mum gave them me I think. Plan to crack those open with a can of Coors Light. (Because I'm on a diet.)