World Billiards
Dates to be confirmed
Leeds, England

World Snooker
Dates to be confirmed
Bangalore, India

Re: IBSF World & Regional Championships 2014

Postby Penalty

Israel were to host the EBSA U-21s but withdrew hence its in Romania. Also IBSF U-21s are not going ahead in St Petersburg. IBSF are still waiting for a country to host this event. There is a possibility albeit a small 1 the IBSF U-21s will be in Ireland
Ukraine will host the EBSA Championships Men, Ladies and Masters The event will be on the Black Sea in Crimea and promises to be spectacular as the venue will be a special tent on the beach and will be from 27th May to 6th June

Postby roy142857

gaz147 wrote:EBSA is now Bulgaria, 1-11 June.

Thanks for that Gaz. So EBSA European Championship in Sofia, Bulgaria, which will also include a Six Reds qualifying tournament for four places at the World Six Reds in Bangkok, Thailand on 1st - 6th September.

Postby fridge46

Penalty wrote:Rumour has it that IBSF World U-21 Championships will be held in the U.A.E Dubai possibly. I believe that the event will clash with Q School as it will be held at the beginning of May

Just seen this tweet from the IBSF General Secretary.

The 2013 edition was held in July, but now May with dates clashing with all but the last 5 days or so of QSchool.

Would the winner be given the tour card instead of Lu Ning? Or will both receive them? Or will the winner have to wait 13 months or so to turn pro?

My guess is that with the recent changes to QSchool due to global demand, both will receive tour cards.

Postby roy142857

Confirmed that the IBSF Under 21s in the United Arab Emirates, but Al Fujairah not Dubai (so on the Gulf of Oman coast not the Persian Gulf coast), 10th - 18th May. Womens Under 21 Championship too, first time since 2007, I'll post in the 'Ladies' section as well in case anyone interested misses it.

Just 8 Shender tables (plus 2 practice tables)

Q School scheduled for 10th May start too I think? (said on the Q school website 'provisionally', hoping they might move it). Some of the Chinese Q School entrants in particular are likely picks for this competition too ...

Postby roy142857

The West Asian Championships for snooker, team snooker and six reds were held from 21st to 28th of February 2014, with players from Iran, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Palastine, and Iraq competing. I've searched for results but no luck - anyone know?

Postby Penalty

roy142857 wrote:The West Asian Championships for snooker, team snooker and six reds were held from 21st to 28th of February 2014, with players from Iran, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Palastine, and Iraq competing. I've searched for results but no luck - anyone know?

Soheil Vahedi from Iran beat Mohammed Shahab of UAE in the singles snooker event. Amir Sarkhosh of Iran finished 3rd and got Bronze
Amir Sarkhosh, Soheil Vahedi and Saeed Aboolesani of Iran beat U.A.E in the team event final.
In the 6 reds Mohammed Shahab of UAE beat Amir Sarkhosh of Iran
There were 3 events in the pool 9 ball , 8 ball and a team event do not know the format of team event . It was an all Iranian final in both the 9 ball and 8 ball between Ali Porsell and
Kaveh Zarakani, with Ali winning the 8 ball final and Kaveh winning the 9 ball final.
In the team event Qatar beat Kuwait