Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final: Ricky Walden v Ronnie O'Sulliva

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Probably will miss the first part of this match.

A shame SO :-(

How do you see this one going?

You think Ricky can somehow play against Ronnie like he did in that Shanghai Final? Stranger things have happened, although I honestly can't see it.

Postby Andre147

Yeah because Ronnie didn't play flawless snooker against Milkins, far from it.

As you said needs to make the most of every chance because he'll get them, otherwise Ronnie will grow in confidence and take it with ease.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Probably will miss the first part of this match.

A shame SO :-(

How do you see this one going?

You think Ricky can somehow play against Ronnie like he did in that Shanghai Final? Stranger things have happened, although I honestly can't see it.

I'm not that worried. Walden is one of the easier opponents for a Masters quarter final. Ricky played well to come back against Hawkins but that won't happen again, if Ronnie gets a good lead it's over. So Walden will have to start really well and even then I'm sure Ronnie will respond. Ronnie didn't play that well in the UK overall so I expect him to shine here in London and book a place in the semis.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Rickys game will surely suit him. He has a similar playing style to Ronnie.

Yes, Ronnie's playing the same game - only better I would say.

It really depends on Ronnie. If he can play his game, he will ran away here. If not, it could be tight, Ricky is not be underestimated. Ricky can be really dangerous when he's in form, he has shown it in the past.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Rickys game will surely suit him. He has a similar playing style to Ronnie.

Yes, Ronnie's playing the same game - only better I would say.

It really depends on Ronnie. If he can play his game, he will ran away here. If not, it could be tight, Ricky is not be underestimated. Ricky can be really dangerous when he's in form, he has shown it in the past.

Agreed. But there are no easy opponents in a Masters quarter final. And it certainly could have been a lot tougher. Also don't underestimate experience. This is Walden first quarter final, while Ronnie reached this round 16 (!) times in his career so far.

Postby TheRocket

Well, yeah , experience clearly speaks for Ronnie. And when it's becoming tight, Ronnie will clearly have the advantage. No doubt. And without sounding arrogant but with one eye I'm even looking at the semi because it could be a Ronnie/Robertson clash and final even against Selby.

Postby Blavdes

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Agreed. But there are no easy opponents in a Masters quarter final. And it certainly could have been a lot tougher. Also don't underestimate experience. This is Walden first quarter final, while Ronnie reached this round 16 (!) times in his career so far.

Wow that is an incredible stat, and seemingly a very important as we've seen in this tournament there's no mercy bottlers will be ousted, so Ronnie's experience even if playing his C game could be enough.

Having said that as a Ronnie fan I am worried about Walden, he's proved time and again the past couple of years he is a very legit player so I hope Ronnie doesn't take a breather here.

Postby Andre147

Blavdes wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Agreed. But there are no easy opponents in a Masters quarter final. And it certainly could have been a lot tougher. Also don't underestimate experience. This is Walden first quarter final, while Ronnie reached this round 16 (!) times in his career so far.

Wow that is an incredible stat, and seemingly a very important as we've seen in this tournament there's no mercy bottlers will be ousted, so Ronnie's experience even if playing his C game could be enough.

Having said that as a Ronnie fan I am worried about Walden, he's proved time and again the past couple of years he is a very legit player so I hope Ronnie doesn't take a breather here.

Experience counts no doubt but it's not all. Remember that 2008 Shanghai Final? It was Walden's first ever ranking Final, whereas Ronnie had been in hundreds of them before and look at what happened there...

I'm not saying it'll happen the same here of course, but if Walden brings his A game to the table and Ronnie doesn't things could become very difficult for Ronnie.

Hoping for a good match, hopefully lots of big breaks in between as both are very attacking.

Postby GJ

This may shock everyone but i want ronnie to win today

Ronnie v Robbo matches are always special for me and it would make a great semi final

Postby Skullman

The only thing I see in favour of Ricky is that when he makes a breakthrough, he really breaks through. Remember he hadn't won a match at the Crucible before last year and as soon as he passed that hurdle, he got to the semis.

In the UK, he had only got past the last 32 once before 2011 and he went on to make the semis.

Maybe history'll repeat itself here?

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:This may shock everyone but i want ronnie to win today

Ronnie v Robbo matches are always special for me and it would make a great semi final

Yeah because let's be fair even if Walden played his A game in the semis that match wouldn't appeal so much as a Robbo/Ronnie cracker.

Alaways special when those 2 play as you say, can't remember a bad match between them. But of course even Mags may spoil things for all we know, so not garanteed by any means.

Might even be Mags/Walden semi <laugh> pmsl