Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Barry Hawkins v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Also in the unfortunate scenario of Ronnie losing in the quarters, Hawkins is less likely to collapse like Walden in the latter stages of a tournament and will give Robertson/Allen/Selby a match.

I agree, I wouldn't mind Walden though as the 2008 Shanghai final seems such a distant memory I honestly don't think if he faces Ronnie he can beat him.

Hawkins on the other hand may make things very difficult for him and yeah less likely to collapse in the latter stages.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Walden has won tournaments more recently than 2008. :?

I know that full well, I was refering to his win against Ronnie in that final.

I somehow don't think if he faces him he'll have a similar performance to that one.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:This doesn't look like the best match on paper, so using this Masters's logic, it should be a classic.

Yeah, the best matches by far this week have been Trump v Fu and Selby v Davis, so I agree we could be in for a classic match. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:3-1

Glad that horrendus kick on the blue didn't cost Ricky the frame, plus Hawkins also had that massive fluke in the 2nd frame, though that ton in the 3rd was pure class.

Ricky has to start the 2nd half of the match well, otherwise Hawkins will run away with it.

Postby Andre147

Playing like that Hawkins is a threat to anybody so Ronnie has to be careful if he faces him, but I too expect Ronnie to up his game.

Walden of course is a diferent story, the 2008 Shanghai Final seems a distant memory.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:3-1

Glad that horrendus kick on the blue didn't cost Ricky the frame, plus Hawkins also had that massive fluke in the 2nd frame, though that ton in the 3rd was pure class.

Ricky has to start the 2nd half of the match well, otherwise Hawkins will run away with it.

Absolutely. Walden wouldn't have deserved to be 0-4 down.

Hawkins however is looking very good today. Seems like he's starting to finally hit top form this season. Very nice to see.