Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robert Mil

Postby Andre147

Don't think it'll be a whitewash this time by Ronnie as in the UK Champs, but I'm afraid that match is still fresh on Milkins mind and I don't think he'll have what it takes to beat Ronnie here.

6-2 or 6-3 for me.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:Don't think it'll be a whitewash this time by Ronnie as in the UK Champs, but I'm afraid that match is still fresh on Milkins mind and I don't think he'll have what it takes to beat Ronnie here.

6-2 or 6-3 for me.

There was some dude in the World Snooker Programme predicting that Milkins would win the whole tournament. :evilgrin:

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:But Ronnie has to be careful, since that 2010 final he only won 1 match here at the Masters.

However he only lost 3 of this 19 first round Masters matches in his career.

To be fair, he didn't play in the Masters in 2012. rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:But Ronnie has to be careful, since that 2010 final he only won 1 match here at the Masters.

Still Ronnie isn't that used to winning matches at the Masters anymore. Good thing he drew Milkins and not someone like Higgins or Fu in the first round.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Still Ronnie isn't that used to winning matches at the Masters anymore. Good thing he drew Milkins and not someone like Higgins or Fu in the first round.

Or Allen too. That 2010 Final loss to Selby, especially the way he lost it, definately hurt him, especially his performances here, although he didn't play in 2013 and to be fair in 2011 Allen played extremelly well to beat him and so did Trump in 2012 so it's not as if he played that bad since 2010.

Should win this match of course, the draw favours him until the semis where he could have a cracker against Robbo.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:I'm off to see this match with 3 friends tonight, can't wait!

Is the power fixed at Ally Pally?!

Phil Taylor did have a poor World Championship this year they definitely did not have the Power this year at Ally Pally :redneck:

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm off to see this match with 3 friends tonight, can't wait!

Is the power fixed at Ally Pally?!

Phil Taylor did have a poor World Championship this year they definitely did not have the Power this year at Ally Pally :redneck:

Haha As I typed that I knew I was leaving myself wide open!

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'll be out for the start of this. Hopefully by the time I'm back, it'll be over.

If it were Selby though :roll:

Ronnie will muller Milkins without any semblance of tension or drama. I'm sorry, but that doesn't really appeal to me.

Postby Skullman

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'll be out for the start of this. Hopefully by the time I'm back, it'll be over.

Ronnie will muller Milkins without any semblance of tension or drama. I'm sorry, but that doesn't really appeal to me.

Plus ROS has the ability to turn a reasonable crowd into twat-city, and I'm not sorry to miss that either.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Plus ROS has the ability to turn a reasonable crowd into twat-city, and I'm not sorry to miss that either.

That's not his fault though, it's just some of those crazy fans he attracts, especially at this event. It happened in the past too with White and Higgins, the London crowd sure is noisy and sometimes disrecpectful to other players but anyway...

Postby Skullman

Never said it was his fault. I don't have an irrational hatred against Ronnie you know, but this match is the only one that doesn't appeal to me and if it's over when I get back I'm not lose any sleep over it.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Never said it was his fault. I don't have an irrational hatred against Ronnie you know, but this match is the only one that doesn't appeal to me and if it's over when I get back I'm not lose any sleep over it.

Fair enough, we all have our personal favourite matches and from a neutral point of view I definately agree, this sure isn't a cracker like Allen v Robbo is, or Trump v Fu or Ding v Murphy.

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:Given the circumstances, if Milkins were to somehow win this match I reckon it would be an even bigger win than his victory against Robbo at the Worlds last season.

i told rob on twitter what a great win that was i was surprised by his response :chin:

take nothing away from myself but Neil was burnt out in the worlds! :gag:

https://twitter.com/RobertMilkins

jan 8th

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Given the circumstances, if Milkins were to somehow win this match I reckon it would be an even bigger win than his victory against Robbo at the Worlds last season.

i told rob on twitter what a great win that was i was surprised by his response :chin:

take nothing away from myself but Neil was burnt out in the worlds! :gag:

https://twitter.com/RobertMilkins

jan 8th

Milkins really owned Robbo that day. It will be a different story when he plays the REAL world number one tonight.