Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Stephen Maguire v Joe Perry

Postby hendry_fan

I,m expecting nothin less than,.....

,..... a good few shakes of the head,the odd swearing mutterings,a few bangs on the table from good old Stephen tonight!. :-D

Come on Stephen!. :D

Postby Andre147

Perry is not to be taken lightly though, he has been playing well lately and could well cause an upset here. I think it will be a close match, but Perry's head to head against Mags isn't good so when things go close I expect Mags to prevail.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:3-1 Mags. Just seen the stats. 96% pot success for Mags is brilliant, but he has a habit of starting strong and then fizzling out after a break.

The best stuff so far at this year's Masters.

Mags went 2 nil all out attack but Perry responded in brilliant fashion too, and should really have won this last frame.

Don't think we'll see this sort of standard after the MSI but you never know...

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:3-1 Mags. Just seen the stats. 96% pot success for Mags is brilliant, but he has a habit of starting strong and then fizzling out after a break.

Indeed, but I think Maguire is the one on top at present. Best of 11 frame matches means that 3-1 isn't that much of a lead as it would have been in a best of 9. Joe knows this, and I think Maguire will know this too.

Maguire goes 4-1 up then you'd fancy him to win it relatively comfortably. Perry makes it 3-2 then anyones game